ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 ES350 HIDs headlight issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-13, 05:19 PM
maleezer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where can you buy the oem factory bulbs from online. I can change it on my own but i haveing trouble finding the oem ones.
Old 11-12-13, 05:39 AM
igzy
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

You can try Sewell Lexus online store or other Lexus/Toyota sites...
Old 11-13-13, 07:05 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Argh - headlight just went out for me too on my 08. I want to just replace the one but I want to make sure it matches when it comes to color/temperature.

I know the "rule" is to replace in pairs - but when I had my 2007 ES, one bulb flaked out while on the original warranty and the dealer replaced it free of charge. I'm almost positive they just replaced the one in that case.

igzy - do you have a part number of Phillips one you purchased?

Edit:
Just looked - guessing the Phillips D4S is the one. Can anyone comment on how well this matches the OEM bulbs?

Last edited by MadMax96; 11-13-13 at 07:11 AM.
Old 11-13-13, 12:24 PM
igzy
Lead Lap

I only replaced the one that burnt out, the other one still works. The color matches, both are 4300K...

I use the rule: if it ain't broke - don't fix

The bulb I bought was:
Philips D4S Xenon HID Headlight Bulb, Pack of 1 : Amazon.com : Automotive Philips D4S Xenon HID Headlight Bulb, Pack of 1 : Amazon.com : Automotive
Old 11-13-13, 06:47 PM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by igzy
I only replaced the one that burnt out, the other one still works. The color matches, both are 4300K...

I use the rule: if it ain't broke - don't fix

The bulb I bought was:
Philips D4S Xenon HID Headlight Bulb, Pack of 1 : Amazon.com : Automotive
Perfect - ordered it up earlier today. For only $3 more, I'll have it tomorrow.

Thanks.......
Old 11-18-13, 10:00 AM
lexusfan05
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have heard somewhere that the original philips ones are hard to find and the market is flooded with counterfeits. Not sure about Amazon ones though. One way to guarantee original is to order as a lexus or toyota part.

By the way, even if the color matches, the brightness of a new one will be way higher than a used one. That's why people suggest to change them in pair.
Old 12-13-13, 06:41 AM
Martym
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 ES350 Headlights

Did the new phillips headlights solve the problem? Both my right and left lights go out, sometimes at the same time.
Old 12-13-13, 08:32 AM
igzy
Lead Lap

Yes, it solved it for me...

Now my other light is going off intermittently so will need another new one. It took about 2 months for it to die after the first one did, just to give you an idea. Not sure if they were installed at the same time previously by the former owner...
Old 12-13-13, 10:15 AM
christcorp
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok.... STUPID QUESTION coming.

How do I know if I have HID lights or regular lights. I know I have AFS. But how do I know what kind of light bulbs I have. Is there a simple way to tell without taking half of the car apart? Thanks.....
Old 12-13-13, 11:00 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by christcorp
Ok.... STUPID QUESTION coming.

How do I know if I have HID lights or regular lights. I know I have AFS. But how do I know what kind of light bulbs I have. Is there a simple way to tell without taking half of the car apart? Thanks.....
If you have AFS, then you have HID's. AFS doesn't come with halogens. Check in the owners manual, they might have bulb replacement information.
Old 12-13-13, 11:23 AM
greenchile
Driver School Candidate

Speaking of AFS, has anyone experienced any problems with the motors burning out? I've been wondering what an expense and nightmare that will be when they stop working and are pointing off in some random direction. It's been making me think maybe I just want to turn them off, despite how cool and useful as they are.
Old 12-13-13, 11:29 AM
christcorp
Pit Crew

Thanks for the info. Being I don't have my manual near by, maybe I can ask another question. Is the D4S bulb the low beam, high, or both. If its low, or high, is the other range the same D4S bulb.

I found a site. Philipsxenon.com that sells Philips kitsbut also sells replacement bbulbs. A 2 pack of D4S is $99. Free shipping. Wondering if I will need 4 bulbs or if each does high and low. Or if there's a non HID bulb for the opposite intensity. Thanks.
Old 12-13-13, 11:32 AM
christcorp
Pit Crew

In response to the AFS. My theory is, the more gadgets, the greater chance of something breaking eventually. However, I didn't buy a Lexus so I could turn off or not use the gadgets and luxuries it has. If I wanted a car without features and luxuries, I would have bought a Ford Focus or Chevy Cobalt.
Old 12-13-13, 11:45 AM
igzy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by christcorp
Thanks for the info. Being I don't have my manual near by, maybe I can ask another question. Is the D4S bulb the low beam, high, or both. If its low, or high, is the other range the same D4S bulb.

I found a site. Philipsxenon.com that sells Philips kitsbut also sells replacement bbulbs. A 2 pack of D4S is $99. Free shipping. Wondering if I will need 4 bulbs or if each does high and low. Or if there's a non HID bulb for the opposite intensity. Thanks.
D4S is for low beam only, there is another (halogen) bulb type 9005 for high beam...
Old 12-13-13, 02:18 PM
christcorp
Pit Crew

Thanks for the info igzy. If you get time, let me know what you think of the philipsxenon link I have above. It seems like a legitimate site to by HID kits. But I liked their price for bulbs. 2 pack for $99.

Quick Reply: 2007 ES350 HIDs headlight issue