ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Modified Es350's Meet

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-10, 03:29 PM
gekae24
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm sure you can oder it online.I researched it and found the cheapest price @ 2kracing.com
It just so happens that this shop is around the corner from my house so I just picked it up.
I installed it my self and have not had any problems at all no check engine lights or anything of that sort.
Only thing I did different than the directions stated was clean the Maf sensor with alchol and I did not install the heat sheild.
I wanted to keep my engine covered.Everytime I go to the lexus dealer the Service Managers and Parts associates
Talk to me about the car and they have never mentioned anything about having a intake will void my warranty.I have
Several modification done to the car and the car is very much still under warranty I have 19,000 miles and its an 08. I have
Coilover suspension,Borla rear section exhaust and the 22inch wheels. Have not had any issues other than too much attention attracted to myself.
I do have my tailights tinted but I did not buy pre cut. I took it to a tint shop to get them done. I have had them for over 2yrs and have had no problems
When you press the brakes you can't tell they are tinted thus no problems with the law.hope this helps!
Old 10-30-10, 10:14 PM
Sozae
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MadMax96
Found them on eBay - only about $25 w/ shipping - not bad.

Do the brake lights still show up pretty decent during the day? I'd consider doing this but not if it's too dim when brakes are applied.
The lights show up just fine. I didn't go with the darkest tint so I wouldn't give LA's finest PC.
Old 11-01-10, 02:05 PM
acdapast
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@ gekae24, im guessing you bought the 2007 Toyota Camry v6 K&N Typhoon Intake (cold air) because I can't find an intake for the Lexus ES350 on the K&N official website.
Old 11-02-10, 12:18 AM
gekae24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by acdapast
@ gekae24, im guessing you bought the 2007 Toyota Camry v6 K&N Typhoon Intake (cold air) because I can't find an intake for the Lexus ES350 on the K&N official website.
Yes that is exactly what I have. I also have coilovers for the 2007 camry and the Borla rear section Exhaust for the camry as well.
They share the same engine and chasis.
Old 11-02-10, 06:52 AM
acdapast
Driver

did the car get a lot louder after adding the Borla exhaust? I don't mind if the car is loud from the outside but i still want the inside to be quiet.
Old 11-03-10, 02:06 AM
gekae24
Intermediate

did the car get a lot louder after adding the Borla exhaust? I don't mind if the car is loud from the outside but i still want the inside to be quiet.
The exhaust is not very loud very nice power gain and can only be
Heard inside the cabin at low rpms.The girllfriend doesn't complain
About it or even noticed it so it must be low.As far as out side it does not seem to be loud.**** I hope
It is not loud it is Lexus it should not sould like a honda.Also its Borla is very good quality.
Old 11-03-10, 02:26 PM
esblk
Driver School Candidate

It almost looks like a smaller version of the Maybach from the side. How is the ride quality?
Old 11-03-10, 04:08 PM
acdapast
Driver

thanks gekae24, ill definitely grab the k&n intake, the Borla exhaust is just a bit too expensive for me; $662.99 (USD), I believe?
Old 11-04-10, 12:01 AM
gekae24
Intermediate

thanks gekae24, ill definitely grab the k&n intake, the Borla exhaust is just a bit too expensive for me; $662.99 (USD), I believe?
I bought my exhaust on ebay. For 180.00 that why I got it. I was planning
On getting the TRD cat back but since I got such a great deal I could
Not pass it up and It actually ended up working out better I have Borla exhaust
More power and not much. Noise but no problem man any questions you might
Feel free to ask.so far I have exhaust,suspension,tint,viynl,lcd screens,hids, led bulbs interior and high beams,and I am planning
On getting a TRD RSB and strut bar and a Lx Mode lip.I just recently found les tailights for the aurion
That look like they might fit and a website from Thailand that is willing to ship them to the US. But I have
Not researched completly if they fit.it Would be cool to check out other ES35's that have been modified. I feel like I am the only 28yr old with
A grandpa car modified.lol!
Old 11-04-10, 08:55 AM
acdapast
Driver

For now, I only did a full LED/HID conversion (all bought from v-leds.com), tinted windows and a rear lip spoiler (oem) and a "v-led" decal at the rear window lol.

Next modification: K&N intake, 19" rims (if i can find a good deal) or i will just keep the 17" and paint them metallic gray.

I would be dying for a front bumper lip if you can find one.

hhah, i guess you're not the only one now, however i would not go too far with the ES. If it starts to go too much with performance, I would just trade-in the car with something more sporty. For now, just want to keep it luxury and comfortable.
Old 01-20-11, 01:42 PM
safford197
Driver

acdapast, did you have any luck with the K&N intake? I just ordered a short ram from Weapon R systems... Curious how they might compare. Any pictures of a finished installation or even video with audio?
Old 01-24-11, 11:54 PM
acdapast
Driver

got it but didnt install it yet, u should ask gekae24, he is the one who referred me to K&N. I was deciding the weapon R as well but i heard u get problems, not sure though. Tell me how it goes!
Old 01-25-11, 03:45 AM
ES3FIVE0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gekae24
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/314766...s-reseda-ca-us
I have really crappy cell phone shots on there.I have not added pictures of my borla exhaust and the pinstrip on my wheels.
what are the suspensions called? do they ride well?
Old 01-18-12, 12:27 AM
gekae24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ES3FIVE0
what are the suspensions called? do they ride well?
Megan coilovers...just look them up for a 2007 camry
Old 01-18-12, 01:24 PM
Rob757
Driver School Candidate

im also in the process of moding my ES350, im got the windows tinted, megan coilovers on order (currently lowered 2in all around with eibach pro spring kit) full HID's, 2 JL audio 10's, and in process of tinting rear tail lights. so east coast is moding ES350's as well... or maybe its just me lol

Quick Reply: Modified Es350's Meet