Replacements to Recalled All Weather Floor Mats are Brutal! - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Replacements to Recalled All Weather Floor Mats are Brutal!

Old 03-04-10, 09:37 AM   #1
mkojak
Driver School Candidate

Default Replacements to Recalled All Weather Floor Mats are Brutal!

Does anyone else that got the "cheap looking" replacements for the all weather floor mats that were part of the recall, think that they look terrible? I'm calling Lexus to complain. These replacements look like a Walmart special, and I paid $100 for these on my window sticker. The new design is way overkill. They basically put down a flat piece of rubber.
mkojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 10:13 AM   #2
jimmy2x
Rookie

Since Spring is almost here, I'll wait til next year and hopefully Weathertech will come out with a new custom fit. If not, I'll just get the cheap ones at Pep Boys for next winter. Thanks for the tip.
jimmy2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 10:30 AM   #3
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkojak View Post
Does anyone else that got the "cheap looking" replacements for the all weather floor mats that were part of the recall, think that they look terrible? I'm calling Lexus to complain. These replacements look like a Walmart special, and I paid $100 for these on my window sticker. The new design is way overkill. They basically put down a flat piece of rubber.
Yes,they stink.I paid $55 shipped from Sewell.
I sold mine on Ebay.
Didn't think they were that bad at first but did a bit later and then put them in the ES and the mat black color looked gray against my black interior and that did it...gone!

Buy a set of Weathertech's.They now have the custom fit model fronts part#W174.These are not the ugly floorliners.Just buy the fronts.
Weathertech rears fit like crap,though.Too small.
Joeb427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 12:48 PM   #4
ESBob72
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeb427 View Post
Yes,they stink.I paid $55 shipped from Sewell.
I sold mine on Ebay.
Didn't think they were that bad at first but did a bit later and then put them in the ES and the mat black color looked gray against my black interior and that did it...gone!

Buy a set of Weathertech's.They now have the custom fit model fronts part#W174.These are not the ugly floorliners.Just buy the fronts.
Just keep your old originals. I will take them out when I have service.
ESBob72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 12:58 PM   #5
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESBob72 View Post
Just keep your old originals. I will take them out when I have service.
I'd like to have a set of the originals but my ES is a '10 and I couldn't get a set.
Old 03-05-10, 04:27 AM   #6
garsarno
Lexus Champion

They replaced my old set with the new flatter set but only replaced the fronts. The rears are the deeper design. The only good thing on the new mats are that they are easier to remove and replace when cleaning them. They don't hold much "slush".
garsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 07:51 AM   #7
jimmy2x
Rookie

The floorliners may be considered "ugly" but they really do the job. Had them in my 4Runner and never had ANY spillage or damage to the carpets. Just depends on what your priorities are.
Old 03-05-10, 08:22 AM   #8
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy2x View Post

The floorliners may be considered "ugly" but they really do the job. Had them in my 4Runner and never had ANY spillage or damage to the carpets. Just depends on what your priorities are.
I've had floorliners in a couple of SUV's and they do work well but I feel they don't belong in luxury vehicles except maybe for winter use.
Opening the door and seeing those molded hard plastic ugly floorliners kills the look of the interior,IMO.
Old 03-05-10, 08:39 AM   #9
jimmy2x
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeb427 View Post
I've had floorliners in a couple of SUV's and they do work well but I feel they don't belong in luxury vehicles except maybe for winter use.
Opening the door and seeing those molded hard plastic ugly floorliners kills the look of the interior,IMO.
I do not disagree and would only use them in the late fall winter period.
Old 03-05-10, 08:51 AM   #10
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy2x View Post
I do not disagree and would only use them in the late fall winter period.
I may do the same thing next winter.
Old 03-05-10, 10:36 AM   #11
LexBob2
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garsarno View Post
They replaced my old set with the new flatter set but only replaced the fronts. The rears are the deeper design. The only good thing on the new mats are that they are easier to remove and replace when cleaning them. They don't hold much "slush".
In warm weather I used to set my old OEM all-weather mats (before the dealer took 'em) on the driveway in the sun to soften them up. Made it easier to put back in the car. The new ones are easier to work with.
LexBob2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 11:59 AM   #12
garsarno
Lexus Champion

In the summer, I run the factory OEM carpet mats and put a set of Exact mats that are clear plastic over the carpet mats. Never had a problem with the Exact mats running up towards the gas pedal (they use the same clip as the carpet mats) and my factory carpet mats look like new. Bought them on e-bay motors.
garsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 06:00 PM   #13
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Toyota would not sell me all weather mats for my wife's Highlander due to the recall. So, I bought them through Weathertech along with a rubber cargo mat. I am very happy with what I got. And, yes, don't worry, the driver's mat does have holes and is nailed down.
MD350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 03:46 PM   #14
IKNYLexus
Driver School Candidate

According to the dealers in the NY Tri State Area, a new weather mat will be available in April.

From what I was told the mats are the same as the current ones just a bit thinner.

Also the new gas pedal will be available as well so for those who want to wait won't have to get their current ones cut.
IKNYLexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 04:18 PM   #15
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKNYLexus View Post
According to the dealers in the NY Tri State Area, a new weather mat will be available in April.

From what I was told the mats are the same as the current ones just a bit thinner.

The mats are available now.I bought a front set from Sewell 3 weeks ago for $55 delivered.
The old OEM all weather mats were better quality and provided better water protection.