JC07ES350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol.. nice find.
Old 03-02-10, 07:37 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the propaganda is going through the roof, the domestic auto companies must be having a party, I just saw where Ford's sales are up 43% and all the others had gains except Toyota, which is down 8.7 %. I don't know if it serves us well by continuing to highlight Toyota's problems, afterall, most of these stories you can believe are put out by media outlets and congressmen from auto states who seek to bloster domestic auto sales at Toyota's expense. I'm not one to cry conspiracy, but all of the hoopla about Toyota IMO is way over the top.
Old 03-02-10, 07:58 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

lexpaul couldn't agree more. the more Lexus owners harp on sm stuff and go over/over same stuff its bringing down the value of the very own car they own....people actually do pay attn to what is said on these forums and if only the occasional hickup is discussed then that is what is left out there when in reality most,,,...high % of Lexus owners are very satisfied customers.
Old 03-03-10, 07:33 AM
raviola4
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Satisfied Lexus Owner yada yada yada

I agree, more negative stuff can affect car values but i'm satisfied with my 07 ES350. But Toyota and Lexus have had alot of negative press of late. Of course a neighbor down the street's Chevy SUV burnt up not too long ago, engine fire that started while driving home. Parked it out front and a burnt shell was all that was left by the time fire co. put it out. And guess what, several GM vehicles have had recalls on potential engine fires. Or supposedly they did (he was never advised). And i don't remember it splattered on the front page. And recalls for car mfg. seem to be occurring all the time. Amazing if you Google auto recalls how many there were over past 5 -20 years. And lets not forget all the TSB's not ony Toyota/Lexus but all other mfgs.
Old 03-03-10, 12:21 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My 1984 Town car, with less than 1,000 miles, went up in fire because of a loose plastic part of the gas line that sprayed gas all over the hot running engine. Lincoln replaced the Town Car in about three weeks.
Old 03-06-10, 06:22 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Update:

I just read a Wall Street Journal article that says Toyota is moving to discredit it's critics. In a media event planned for next week Toyota plans to defend it's electronics system. It will roll out independent experts like the head of Stanford's University auto-research center to discredit a study that suggest electronics are to blame for sudden vehicle acceleration in some Toyota vehicles. Toyota is also challenging the credibility of a "self -described" whistleblower who has turned over internal company documents to congressional investigators. The company is providing reporters with court filings that it says show the former employee has a history of mental problems and poor performance reviews. Toyota is going to 'take the gloves off' and respond head on to their critics....

To the above I say it's about time, I even felt compelled to write Toyota myself and tell them "just don't lie down and take the hits fight back!!", but hey they have folks above my salary grade that are paid to do that sort of stuff.
Old 03-06-10, 07:52 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 137 Posts

Let people go buy an American product and see them complaining in a few years when they take it in for repairs. I don't boo hoo every American product (Corvettes and Cadillacs are well made and earn my respect), but it's absurd to think that people are suddenly going to buy something else due to a government witch hunt to help American automakers. That's not the way to help this country build better vehicles by scaring them from buying something else.

I was reading something today about replicating sudden acceleration in ANY vehicle.

I also believe the trial lawyer bandwagon is in full swing. If there's a real issue okay, but if you're going to blow smoke and mirrors to exaggerate a problem well beyond belief...
Old 03-08-10, 08:42 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Lexmex
Let people go buy an American product and see them complaining in a few years when they take it in for repairs. I don't boo hoo every American product (Corvettes and Cadillacs are well made and earn my respect), but it's absurd to think that people are suddenly going to buy something else due to a government witch hunt to help American automakers. That's not the way to help this country build better vehicles by scaring them from buying something else.

I was reading something today about replicating sudden acceleration in ANY vehicle.

I also believe the trial lawyer bandwagon is in full swing. If there's a real issue okay, but if you're going to blow smoke and mirrors to exaggerate a problem well beyond belief...
Lexmex,

I agree 100% this is not the way to increase domestic auto sales, but I guess the opportunity was too good to pass up. It's sad that the government is going overboard on Toyota when there are so many pressing issues that are impacting our nation. BTW did anyone notice that tiny blurb last week about GMs' recall??....
Old 03-09-10, 01:02 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is too funny