ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Lexus Insider

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-10, 04:11 PM
RichardNJ
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus Insider

Since I've had my 2010 ES350 I haven't had a single Lexus Insider message appear on my nav. I have the settings correct to receive them, but find it strange that in over 2 months haven't had one message. Would have at least expected some "Welcome" message.

Does anyone know how often messages appear?
Old 02-25-10, 09:15 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardNJ
Since I've had my 2010 ES350 I haven't had a single Lexus Insider message appear on my nav. I have the settings correct to receive them, but find it strange that in over 2 months haven't had one message. Would have at least expected some "Welcome" message.

Does anyone know how often messages appear?
I got my car at the end of January and hadn't looked at the Lexus Insider. This morning I checked it out and there is a general Welcome To Lexus Insider audio message.
Old 03-04-10, 06:05 AM
RichardNJ
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of course this is not major problem by any means, just bit frustrating since it's not working as it should.

I still have not had a single Insider message to the car. Spoke to my salesman who did confirm I am setup correctly to receive messages and I also spoke to someone at Lexus. They couldn't see a problem either and suggested I send a eDestination to the car to make sure that works...which I did and it does. He suggested I have service look at it next time I go in. Of course I didn't think they could really do anything about this issue.

Yesterday to my surprise, I get a phone call from a women at Lexus Corporate headquarters. Said she saw that I had an issue with this and wanted to call about it. Said I should have had the welcome message and a few others by now. Had me go to the car to try couple things, of which nothing worked. Apologizing like crazy saying this has to work and they want to get me the messages and have the car working as it should. Said she would put more research into this and call me back this week.

Not sure if Lexus customer service was always this good or they are making an extra effort nowadays. But will say since the day I bought the car little over couple months ago, any Lexus person I've dealt with gives A+ treatment and service.
Old 03-05-10, 03:29 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Lexus is offering super deals leases for the ES350 now. Much lower down payments / monthly payments. I would have thought the new lower residua values would have increased the costs.