ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2010 Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-09, 04:51 PM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Received 116 Likes on 77 Posts
Default 2010 Floor Mats

Picked my new Es 350 up today. Matador Red w/parchment. What I found disgusting was the Charcoal floor mats that come in the Lexus. Looks really bogus against the parchment interior. I looked at every model at the dealership and this is the only color available, on all models. All the way up to the 460LS. When I asked the manager about it he said that people had complained to Lexus that after awhile their parchment ones looked dirty so Lexus decided to go with Charcoal to hide the dirt!! Seems to me it would have been easier to tell the people to wash their mats. Duh.

Does anyone know where I can get a nice set of aftermarket ones in parchment? Thanks.
Old 10-30-09, 08:33 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...ustomerVehId=0
Old 10-30-09, 10:03 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Mats from a 2007-2009 ES might look pretty good to you but trust me I have never had mats that were harder to keep clean - actually they were impossible to keep clean. I even bought two sets using one for "dress" and one for "every day". I would have hoped for a more elegant solution to the problem but the sales people I've talked to think it is genius.

Maybe real good quality aftermarket mats would be the solution but with all the talk about mats causing unintended acceleration problems I would be very careful with that.

Good luck.

Dave Mac
Old 10-31-09, 05:05 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought a set of clear Exact Mats: clear mats that go over your carpet mats. Avaialble on e-bay motors or net search. They do not ride up the accelerator,they have holes that clip onto the same clips that secure the carpet mats. In the winter, I remove both sets of mats and use the Lexus all weather mats. My carpet mats are in great shape. I wash them in the spring before resetting them. The edges get a bit dirty but they come clean. The Exact Mats do turn a little gold color in aging but they match up to the cashmere color interior.
Old 10-31-09, 12:56 PM
PCB Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll try again .... I have found Lloyd's Mats to be of excellent quality and, if not mistaken, they have ones made for Lexus. Google 'em.
Old 10-31-09, 01:58 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have noticed some GM and Honda cars/trucks/vans are coming with full black carpet on tan interiors to avoid dirty stains.
Old 10-31-09, 02:06 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MD350
I have noticed some GM and Honda cars/trucks/vans are coming with full black carpet on tan interiors to avoid dirty stains.
A friend's Toyota Venza has ivory interior with black carpet.
Old 10-31-09, 03:26 PM
VegasIS300
Pole Position

I had the parchment mats and even after shampooing them the stains don't come out. I have black mats now, they look much better with the parchment interior.
Old 10-31-09, 03:43 PM
lgb0250
Intermediate

All I can say is to each their own. I have a 2006 Avalon Limited with the ivory interior and ivory floor mats and they still look great. Maybe once a year I take them out and lay them in the driveway and scrub them with soap and let them dry out in the sun. You'd never know the car was 4 years old with 68K on it. The black on parchment in the Lexus just looks out of character to me. JMHO. Thanks for all the input.
Old 11-01-09, 05:38 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VegasIS300
I had the parchment mats and even after shampooing them the stains don't come out. I have black mats now, they look much better with the parchment interior.
Ditto! Once you go black, you will never go back!!

I have a slighly used set of grey (parchment?) mats I will give you. I got tired of having to pull the driver side to shampoo it. Shoot me a PM with your shipping info and their yours. I will only ask for reimbursement for shipping.
Old 11-01-09, 07:13 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lgb0250
All I can say is to each their own. I have a 2006 Avalon Limited with the ivory interior and ivory floor mats and they still look great. Maybe once a year I take them out and lay them in the driveway and scrub them with soap and let them dry out in the sun. You'd never know the car was 4 years old with 68K on it. The black on parchment in the Lexus just looks out of character to me. JMHO. Thanks for all the input.
All of my cars have the light tan mats, shampoo them twice a year using your method, great results. Would never swap out for black mats
Old 11-01-09, 08:48 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just changed out the carpet mats in our '07 for the Lexus all weather mats. I forgot what a hassle it is. The clips always come out of the carpet, get jammed into the mat hole. Took 10 minutes to switch out, making sure that they are hooked properly, esp the drivers side. Why have clips on the passenger side and rear? Did my '07 Impala SS in about a minute as the only side that has the built in clip is the driver side. Nice and simple.
Old 11-01-09, 10:26 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Thanks for everyones input. I think I am going go with the Lloyd's Truberber in Beige http://www.lloydmats.com/truberber.htm Hopefully I can find them someplace local so that I can at least see them before the purchase. Again, thanks to all.
Old 11-03-09, 03:45 PM
Elex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by garsarno
Just changed out the carpet mats in our '07 for the Lexus all weather mats. I forgot what a hassle it is. The clips always come out of the carpet, get jammed into the mat hole. Took 10 minutes to switch out, making sure that they are hooked properly, esp the drivers side. Why have clips on the passenger side and rear? Did my '07 Impala SS in about a minute as the only side that has the built in clip is the driver side. Nice and simple.
I totally agree with you.... what a pain and what was the person thinking that designed these. I took them out years ago as all the dirt on the mat was all over the interior by the time the mat was unfastened. Believe it or not, I have no problems with mats moving and I even lay other mats on top to protect the summer mats. (I feel like I'm really living on the edge!!!) I've had no problem with the mats moving either - that is what I don't understand about the whole stuck accelerator problem.

I also take mine out on a weekly basis and shake off the dirt, that's easier to do with out the clips. The dealership people say there is a quick proceedure to follow and the mats come out in a snap. They never offered to actually show me that "easy process".
Old 11-03-09, 04:16 PM
TA-9ff
Driver School Candidate

No wonder there has been stuck accelerator problems.

You guys are stacking carpet upon carpet upon carpet............

Quick Reply: 2010 Floor Mats