Programming Voicemail

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-08, 07:53 PM
kepper
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Programming Voicemail

Hi,

I just picked up an '08 ES with the UL package. I am trying to program my voicemail number with PIN (Verizon) into the phonebook on the nav system, and I am having no luck in getting it to work.

The system is working fine for normal phone calls. And not for nothing, but who wrote the nav system manuals? LOL (I think they are written by the same guy who writes the tax instructions for the IRS.)

I want to dial *68, pause for a few seconds and then have the system enter #MYPIN#. I have tried various combinations of "pauses" and "waits" but nothing works. Any suggestions from you nav system veterans?

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 01-02-08, 09:20 AM
static
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried a different approach, but same problem, it does not seem to work.

I created an entry for our company vmail system in my blackberry with the necessary pauses, #, etc. Works fine from the bb.

When I transfer the address book from the bb to the nav, that entry doesn't transfer.

If I create the entry manually in the nav system with the pauses, #, etc. it accepts the entry up to a point (there are too many digits required to get into this vmail system then the nav will accept, so i put it in without the pin). When dialing the number from the nav system, it ignores everything after the main number, it stops at the first pause.

When dialing the number from the bb while connected to the nav with bluetooth, it works fine.

So it seems you can store the number with pauses, etc. in the nav system, but then can not dial it from the nav.
Old 01-02-08, 06:46 PM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also tried to program in the entire number with pauses, etc. with no success. I ended up using the "Speed Tones" feature. I put the phone number to my voicemail in the adress book and then put the common access numbers and symbols (extension, password, skip, and delete message) in the Speed Tones. Now it works something like this:

To call into voicemail I press button in address book speed dial system.

While it is dialing I move to the Speed Tones by pressing the 0-9 button in the upper right of the phone screen and then the Speed Tones button.

When the voicemail answers and asks for the extension, I press the "Extension" Speed Tone, which in my case I programmed with the four digits and the pound sign our voicemail system requires.

When the voicemail asks for the password, I press the "Password" Speed Tone, which in my case I programmed with the five digits and the pound sign our voicemail requires.

I also programmed speed tones for a "2" (access voicemail), a "0" (listen to voicemail), a "#D" (to delete), and a "#" (skip message).

This lets me easily handle my messages without a great deal of manual input (even though it sounds like a lot!)

Pete
Old 01-03-08, 05:20 AM
static
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is another post on this subject from the GS forum...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho....php?p=3161829