ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-5th-gen-2007-2012-180/)
-   -   How much was the Mark Levinson Sound system? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-5th-gen-2007-2012/326146-how-much-was-the-mark-levinson-sound-system.html)

hypnotikz 12-26-07 01:11 PM

How much was the Mark Levinson Sound system?

I just realized my es350 doesn't have the mark levinson audio system, I think it said Lexus premium audio system, I noticed this because I couldn't play dvds...I thought all Lexus came with the Mark Levinson sound system as the standard sound system...the msrp was around 41000, I'm wondering how much the Mark Levinson was...

MD350 12-26-07 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by hypnotikz (Post 3149963)
I just realized my es350 doesn't have the mark levinson audio system, I think it said Lexus premium audio system, I noticed this because I couldn't play dvds...I thought all Lexus came with the Mark Levinson sound system as the standard sound system...the msrp was around 41000, I'm wondering how much the Mark Levinson was...

It was part of the UL package that came with my car, which was about another $4,000. I don't know how much it was if you line item it.

Nextourer 12-26-07 06:42 PM

MSRP, it's about $2k.
It's $4k if packaged with the navigation system (which will then include a DVD-changer)

justbass 12-26-07 07:02 PM

I believe that the "premium" sound system is manufactured by Panosonic, and in this particular case is said not to be that well received.
Up here in Canada it is packaged with the nav, so I have no idea if you can get it separately.

Nextourer 12-26-07 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by justbass (Post 3150502)
I believe that the "premium" sound system is manufactured by Panosonic, and in this particular case is said not to be that well received.
Up here in Canada it is packaged with the nav, so I have no idea if you can get it separately.

My price was USD lol...

Yeah we can't get it separately. Although now we can get nav for a little less (but still $50k!!)

codex57 12-27-07 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Nextourer (Post 3150463)
MSRP, it's about $2k.
It's $4k if packaged with the navigation system (which will then include a DVD-changer)

Yeah. I got the UL, and in this region, you have to get the navi/ML combo along with the regular UL package. Totals about $10,000. When researching online, I believe I saw nav as a standalone option for about $2000. Since the Navi/ML package is $4000, simple math shows ML should cost $2000 by itself. I dunno if you can actually order it without nav tho.

Nextourer 12-27-07 08:50 PM

Yeah.. the Seattle area also shows that $10,000 package lol. UL + nav/ML.

If you check, the ML + Nav price is slightly cheaper than the Nav/ML package. The reason is that the stand-alone ML doesn't have a DVD changer while the package does hence the few hundred dollar difference.

amf1932 12-27-07 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Nextourer (Post 3152732)
Yeah.. the Seattle area also shows that $10,000 package lol. UL + nav/ML.

If you check, the ML + Nav price is slightly cheaper than the Nav/ML package. The reason is that the stand-alone ML doesn't have a DVD changer while the package does hence the few hundred dollar difference.

I was under the impression that ALL the ML systems included a DVD player. In fact, I never saw a package that gave you this option that you're talking about in a USA built ES350. :uh:
P.S. I looked at the all the packages that Lexus offers for the ES350's and you can't get an ML sound system without a NAV!

codex57 12-28-07 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by amf1932 (Post 3152896)
P.S. I looked at the all the packages that Lexus offers for the ES350's and you can't get an ML sound system without a NAV!

Did you play around with zip codes all around the country? Each region has different variety of options available. For example, the color combo I was considering is available in your neck of the woods (north east) but not available here (California).

amf1932 12-28-07 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by codex57 (Post 3153142)
Did you play around with zip codes all around the country? Each region has different variety of options available. For example, the color combo I was considering is available in your neck of the woods (north east) but not available here (California).

This morning I spoke to the Lexus Corporation and asked: Are there any packages available in the USA or Canada that has the ML sound system without the NAV, or the NAV without the ML system. Their answer was NO!
The package is ML and NAV, and it's only available on the UL Edition, not the Premium or Premium Plus ES's.
There is only one type of ML radio and they ALL include the ability to play DVD's.

codex57 12-28-07 09:21 AM

Hmmm, there should be at least Nav without ML. On the Lexus website, I plugged in a California zip code and a NY zip code and the Premium Plus packages have Nav without ML.

MD350 12-28-07 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by codex57 (Post 3153568)
Hmmm, there should be at least Nav without ML. On the Lexus website, I plugged in a California zip code and a NY zip code and the Premium Plus packages have Nav without ML.

You are correct. Alan may be talking about UL packages.

codex57 12-28-07 11:01 AM

Oh, yeah. i can't find a UL anywhere that doesn't combine nav with ML.

amf1932 12-28-07 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by codex57 (Post 3153568)

OK, tell me the zip code where it shows me this package!

Here's the deal as told to me by Lexus Corporation:

Premium or Premium Plus - Nav with standard radio(No ability to play DVD's)

Ultra Luxury - Nav with Mark Levinson radio. You can't get one without the other.

amf1932 12-28-07 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by MD350 (Post 3153698)
You are correct. Alan may be talking about UL packages.

Yes, I was talking about UL's. You can get Nav with standard radio on Premium & Premium Plus, but no Nav with ML on these editions.