ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

To buy the Es350 or not to.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-07, 04:22 PM
jhp012
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To buy the Es350 or not to.

I was really getting ready to lease the 08 Es350 because my lease is going to be up on my 05 Es330.

But now I am really worried due to the complaints that I read about how the brakes doesnt work out of no where....

What should I do? should I take my chances? or forget about the Es350 and go for the Is.?
Old 11-08-07, 05:05 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by jhp012
I was really getting ready to lease the 08 Es350 because my lease is going to be up on my 05 Es330.

But now I am really worried due to the complaints that I read about how the brakes doesnt work out of no where....

What should I do? should I take my chances? or forget about the Es350 and go for the Is.?
What brakes not working issue do you mean?

Last edited by LexBob2; 11-08-07 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-08-07, 05:17 PM
jhp012
Driver School Candidate

there are complaints about the es350 that the brakes dont work.

There are some on this board as well. Some people say they were doing 90 on the highway waving passed cars and had to jump into a park.

there is also another post stating they smashed into there garage.

Lexus says the problem is the floormat...
Old 11-08-07, 06:03 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

The brakes not working might be the Tacoma issue but that seems more like not having common sence to shift into neutral, who cares if the engine blows up your on the shoulder

Buy the car you will not be unhappy, don't read to much into the interweb it can drive you bonkers
Old 11-08-07, 06:31 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Lease the ES 350 - I think you will be happy. I believe all of that brake talk was either driver error or user error in installing the all weather floor mats.

Dave Mac
Old 11-08-07, 07:32 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

The ES350 is an amazing car, with luxury and speed when needed. If your looking to save some money while purchasing a luxury car, the ES is the way to go.

If you can spend a little more. Consider a GS.

If you don't need the big GS or ES, than IS350 or 250 it is.

But do yourself a favor and stick with Lexus
Old 11-09-07, 05:33 AM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

As you would be leasing the vehicle for 3 years, it should not be a problem. You would be eventually returning the vehicle.

The only issues with ES are transmission flare and cold engine noise. If you can risk to live with these issues. You might not even feel flare. What I have found is every ES flares under certain driving conditions. Most vehicles would flare under light acceleration within minutes of cold start especially if you have few stop signs. Most drivers don't experience flare. Either they are unaware of flare or dont have the typical conditions which cause the flare. I expereinced flare within 7 days of my purchase. Moved temporarily to new location and never experienced again. After few months, came back to my original location and experienced flare within days again. Same vehicle, same driver and driving habits, but different roads. Since you have es330, why dont you get a ES 350 as loaner on your next service and experience yourself.

If you decide to go for ES, I would suggest go for UL because you would ML audio which is far better than lexus audio (Pioneer, i guess) in every respect
Old 11-09-07, 05:36 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ditto on the Ultra although for the next car, I will be returning to Lincoln products.
Old 11-09-07, 11:03 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sfuad
As you would be leasing the vehicle for 3 years, it should not be a problem. You would be eventually returning the vehicle.

The only issues with ES are transmission flare and cold engine noise. If you can risk to live with these issues. You might not even feel flare. What I have found is every ES flares under certain driving conditions. Most vehicles would flare under light acceleration within minutes of cold start especially if you have few stop signs. Most drivers don't experience flare. Either they are unaware of flare or dont have the typical conditions which cause the flare. I expereinced flare within 7 days of my purchase. Moved temporarily to new location and never experienced again. After few months, came back to my original location and experienced flare within days again. Same vehicle, same driver and driving habits, but different roads. Since you have es330, why dont you get a ES 350 as loaner on your next service and experience yourself.

If you decide to go for ES, I would suggest go for UL because you would ML audio which is far better than lexus audio (Pioneer, i guess) in every respect
My ES350 was/is an early build and still no flare or any problems, considering how most people drive cars the current wave of Internet problems is burning oil and trans slippage or flaring
Old 11-09-07, 11:05 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by garsarno
Ditto on the Ultra although for the next car, I will be returning to Lincoln products.
I figured with your Impala you would go to Cadillac, Lincoln have never been a Luxury maker, they are just high end Fords that are built somewhat better if that, I will say the MKZ and MKX are nice as if Ford did not make them
Old 11-09-07, 11:35 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by EDGE2
I figured with your Impala you would go to Cadillac, Lincoln have never been a Luxury maker, they are just high end Fords that are built somewhat better if that, I will say the MKZ and MKX are nice as if Ford did not make them
The MKZ/Milan/Fusion has received good reviews and reliability scores from Consumer Reports. They rate them pretty high.
Old 11-09-07, 01:58 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rented a Fusion from Hertz last week. Had 22K miles and was beaten to he**. However, I was still impressed. A little loud 4 banger engine, but the quality seemed much better than the famous Ford Tempo and Contour.
Old 11-09-07, 02:09 PM
love_lexus
Driver

there are complaints about the es350 that the brakes dont work.

There are some on this board as well. Some people say they were doing 90 on the highway waving passed cars and had to jump into a park.

there is also another post stating they smashed into there garage.

Lexus says the problem is the floormat...
My ES350 brake works very effective and accurate. I never heard anyone complain about ES350 brake.
Old 11-09-07, 04:08 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the Cadillac line but close friends have one and my wife will not be a copycat. I think the Volvo S80 V8 AWD is a nice alternative. You know, after all of my carping about no satellite radio / remote start, how am I going to go away from the ES350 conveniences like the push button start, super Mark Levinson sound system, easy remote key locking / unlocking, panoramic glass roof, superior navigation system graphics.
Old 11-09-07, 04:26 PM
jhp012
Driver School Candidate

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=285487

here is the link that explains the accident with the brakes not working.

http://www.lexusforum.com/m_1120/tm.htm

this one is from lexusforum.

Quick Reply: To buy the Es350 or not to.