ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Free Maintenance on 2008 Models!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-07, 01:05 PM
peter007
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Flatulator that it is worth a try. I just wrote to the Lexus_feedback Canada too. I would like to encourage more people write to the Lexus.
Old 10-22-07, 06:17 PM
Flatulator
Driver School Candidate

Here's my letter and their response. I am still working on a carefully worded rebuttal...

Dear Mr. Dewar:

Thank you for your correspondence.

The Lexus Complimentary Maintenance Program will be offered for a limited time only on new model year 2008 Canadian Lexus vehicles sold on or after October 2, 2007. We understand that some customers may feel disheartened when a sales promotion is advertised. However, we would like to explain that each sales program has a start and finish date, and our dealers are not made aware of these programs until the very day they start. Lexus Canada endeavours to assist all our customers whenever possible; however, even with this mandate, there remain instances where we cannot assist.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and allowing us the opportunity to comment.

Sincerely,

Elijah Drown
Customer Relations
Lexus Canada

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
on 2007-10-22-15.36.08.000000, (SCOTT DEWAR) wrote:

October 22, 2007

To Whom It May Concern:

I have recently become aware of the fact that all 2008 Lexus models in Canada will be eligible for free maintenance for the first 48 months of ownership, bringing them up to the levels currently enjoyed by new BMW and Audi and owners.

Having recently purchased a 2007 ES350, I am extremely disappointed not to be extended this same incentive. Offering this to Canadian owners of 2007 models is the very least you should do, considering that the same car that lists in Canadafor $42,900 can be purchased stateside for $33,470 US. How do you explain a 28% increase in price from US purchasers?

I would like for you to extend me the same maintenance program for my 2007 Lexus. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Scott Dewar

Last edited by Flatulator; 10-22-07 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-22-07, 06:32 PM
OAKPLANK
Rookie

I was at a Lexus function, in Toronto, this Sunday. The subject of the free 4 year service came up. The consensus is that Lexus is trying to give more value to the purchaser due to the dollar exchange instead of lowering the selling price. This will protect the re-sale value of a used Lexus. I prefer Lexus do that then to lower the price on a new car that will automatically send the re-sale value of my car down the drain.
oakplank
Old 10-22-07, 08:47 PM
peter007
Driver School Candidate

I'd to share the below message that they replied to me.

Dear Mr. Hok:

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We understand that some customers may feel disheartened when sales promotion is advertised after having purchased a vehicle. However, we would like to explain that each sales program has a start and finish date, and our dealers are not made aware of these programs until the very day they start. Lexus Canada endeavours to assist all our customers whenever possible; however, even with this mandate, there remain instances where we cannot assist.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and allowing us the opportunity to comment.

Sincerely,

Karine Shank
Customer Relations
Lexus Canada
Old 10-22-07, 08:56 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like you guys are out of luck.
Old 10-23-07, 09:28 AM
AlexusES50
Driver

Tha's BS generic responses, i got the same one...i know i will keep fighting.
Old 10-23-07, 09:46 AM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

Its not even worth fighting. All that you need to do for the first 4 years are oil changes, brakefluid changes(1), air filters and ac filters. Most you'll spend is $1000 if you are smart about it. Get over it and move on. Sheesh.
Old 10-23-07, 04:43 PM
AlexusES50
Driver

^^^^
It's about principle not money...

...anyway here is my e-mail and their generic reply...as some of you here i am still formulating my next reply...but it won't be as nice as last one...

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Regarding the recent Lexus Canada complimentary maintenance incentive, please be advised that this promotion is only applied to new 2008 Lexus Canada vehicles purchased throughout October of 2007.

Pertaining to your concern regarding the recent pricing disparity, Lexus Canada is the exclusive distributor of Lexus vehicles in Canada. Each Lexus distributor, there are hundreds around the world, works with the manufacturer in Japan to set its own prices for the products it distributes in its territory; therefore, pricing for Lexus vehicles vary from country to country.

Many business factors influence our vehicle pricing, such as volume of units sold in this country, the value of our dollar (in comparison to foreign currencies), and the state of the Canadian economy. For the past few years, when the U.S. dollar was stronger than it is now, American residents were asking the very same question: they noticed that Canadian Canada products seemed to cost less. That situation has now been somewhat reversed, but to a lesser degree.

Although there are similarities between U.S. and Canadian market vehicles, there are also differences in features and options which must be taken into account for the differences in pricing.

You will find that Lexus vehicles are very competitively priced if you compare them to other brands sold in Canada.

For your information, it is our understanding that Lexus dealerships in the U.S. are not authorized to sell Lexus motor vehicles to customers located outside the U.S. or to sell Lexus vehicles for resale or use outside the United States

We sincerely appreciate your having taken the time to write to us, thereby allowing us to respond to your concerns. We hope this information will be useful.

Sincerely,

Elijah Drown
Customer Relations
Lexus Canada
Old 10-25-07, 07:55 PM
radeonboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand why consumers are fighting over this.. It's like you buy a new cellphone when it just came out, and a few months later, those cellphones come packaged with a blutooth headset, and u will write a letter to the manufacturer to complain you didn't get those headsets six months ago for free. Sheesh you bought it a while ago. You can't compare product prices and deals with a difference of a number of months. Computers and electronics dwindle in prices after a while, so do u complain that you paid too much a few months after you buy it? No.

Get over it. This is life, it's never fair
Old 10-25-07, 08:39 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by radeonboy
I don't understand why consumers are fighting over this.. It's like you buy a new cellphone when it just came out, and a few months later, those cellphones come packaged with a blutooth headset, and u will write a letter to the manufacturer to complain you didn't get those headsets six months ago for free. Sheesh you bought it a while ago. You can't compare product prices and deals with a difference of a number of months. Computers and electronics dwindle in prices after a while, so do u complain that you paid too much a few months after you buy it? No.

Get over it. This is life, it's never fair
Agreed!
Old 10-25-07, 08:45 PM
kingofire
Advanced

Originally Posted by AlexusES50
^^^^
It's about principle not money...
If it is about principle then Y O U are wrong. If you buy something at face value at a grocery store and then that same item is on sale the next week, you can go and tell them to reimburse you the difference because its their principle thats at stake. With this reasoning you are saying that if this incentive was offered in 2009, people with 2008's should ask for the same incentive too??? There is NO principle here to adhere to. Move on please!
Old 10-26-07, 09:07 AM
AlexusES50
Driver

Originally Posted by kingofire
If it is about principle then Y O U are wrong. If you buy something at face value at a grocery store and then that same item is on sale the next week, you can go and tell them to reimburse you the difference because its their principle thats at stake. With this reasoning you are saying that if this incentive was offered in 2009, people with 2008's should ask for the same incentive too??? There is NO principle here to adhere to. Move on please!
I bought my 2007 on October 2nd, that is the exact date when this became available to 2008 customers, and that is BS. I really don't care about your input here however you are welcome to your opinion, as we all know opinions are like a$$holes every one has one.
Old 10-26-07, 06:52 PM
kingofire
Advanced

^^^^
Old 11-02-07, 05:26 PM
cellmaniac
Driver School Candidate

I just bought a 2008 a few weeks ago (US) and it says that the first two scheduled service intervals are covered by Lexus.
Old 11-02-07, 05:41 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cellmaniac
I just bought a 2008 a few weeks ago (US) and it says that the first two scheduled service intervals are covered by Lexus.
I think you only get a free service interval at 5K miles which includes the oil change and filter, but there is a 1K free checkup, which is actually only a visual checkup, plus you can tell them about any other problems you might have.

Quick Reply: Free Maintenance on 2008 Models!