ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

List of current ES350 TSIBs

Old 11-20-06, 10:08 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default List of current ES350 TSIBs

Just found out there is a link http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Lexus/index-issue.html where all the Lexus TSIBs are listed....

UPDATE: since the link is no longer working because the site went private, here is an updated list of TSIBs:

BR003-06: Front Brake Squeak When Backing Up
BR004-06: Rear Brake Squeak On Light Application
EG016-06: Engine - Noise After Transaxle Replacement
EL008-06: Voice Command Controls Are Inoperative
EL009-06: Vanity Mirror Light Flicker
EL011-06: Wireless Door Lock System Custom Change
EL013-06: Nav System - Shows Vehicle in Wrong Location
EL016-06: Vehicle Start After Battery Depletion
NV001-06: Front Seat Squeak Noise
NV005-06: Upper and or Lower Windshield Ticking Noise
NV008-06: Rattle Noise from Headliner Area
PD010-06: Installation of Body Plugs During PDS
PG004-06: Resetting Maintenance Light after Oil Change
ST004-01: Vehicle Pulling to One Side
SU001-06: Shock Absorber Replacement Criteria
TC001-06: Auto Trans - 1,000 RPM 3-4 Shift Flare
TC002-06: Auto Trans - Compensation Code Input Process
TC003-06: Auto Trans - U660E 6sp Torque Converter
TC004-06: Auto Trans - 3rd - 4th Gear Shift Flare
TC005-06: Auto Trans - U660E Solenoid Identification
TC006-06: Auto Trans - U660E 6sp Fluid Level Inspection
TC009-06: Auto Trans - Serial Number Location
TC010-06: Remanufactured Auto Trans Ser# Location

And here is a Download link with all these TSIBs in PDF format:

http://www.speedyshare.com/873898254.html (mirrow 1)
http://www.rogepost.com/n/2525681537 (mirrow 2)

Thanks to osokuko for pointing out this link (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=277292) from which I was able to collect and to save all this info.

Last edited by twister; 04-20-07 at 07:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Funkdawg (04-25-22)
Old 11-20-06, 12:34 PM
discoverer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We are going to miss you

Hi Twister,
We are going to miss you for all work(research) you did on ES 350.
Thanks anyway for the ES350 manual.
Good luck with your GS

Cheers,
Discoverer
Old 11-20-06, 04:45 PM
Citylights
Driver School Candidate

Default Sticky!

I agree! This thread should have a Sticky.
Old 11-20-06, 04:54 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only 6 TSB's for the first year of production......that's not too bad!

Thank's twister for posting that.
Bi66uy21 (03-08-21)
Old 11-20-06, 05:08 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Hey, I'm not going anywhere I feel more "at home" here in ES side of the forum. I drove ES350 long enough to form my own bond with this car. Just because things didn't work out for me, it doesn't mean I don't care about this model anymore. I still would like to see resolution to these tranny problems, and sure hope '08 models will be perfect!!! I will also keep checking with TSIBs and will try to keep this thread updated.
Bi66uy21 (09-13-21)
Old 11-20-06, 05:27 PM
Vandam
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by twister
Hey, I'm not going anywhere I feel more "at home" here in ES side of the forum. I drove ES350 long enough to form my own bond with this car. Just because things didn't work out for me, it doesn't mean I don't care about this model anymore. I still would like to see resolution to these tranny problems, and sure hope '08 models will be perfect!!! I will also keep checking with TSIBs and will try to keep this thread updated.
We appreciate the help and hard work Twister. Make sure you check in on the ES side every once in awhile.

Old 11-20-06, 08:14 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Add these to the list

Old 11-20-06, 09:14 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Good work twister. This shall be stickied
Old 11-21-06, 07:49 AM
Gloval
Driver School Candidate

Thank you so much for posting the list!

Do you have to explicitly direct the dealer to apply the TSIBs when you take the car into service?
Old 11-21-06, 08:38 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gloval
Thank you so much for posting the list!

Do you have to explicitly direct the dealer to apply the TSIBs when you take the car into service?
Sometimes the service people are not aware of a TSB that has been issued for your car, so it's a good idea to have the TSB number so they could look it up. This has happened to me in the past.
Old 11-21-06, 10:49 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wanderer99
Add these to the list
]
Wanderer, the excessive engine noise after transaxle remove/replace TSIB is very interesting especially where it mentions steering, wondering if that is what is causing vibration as well as noise
Old 11-21-06, 02:23 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by amf1932
Sometimes the service people are not aware of a TSB that has been issued for your car, so it's a good idea to have the TSB number so they could look it up. This has happened to me in the past.
I know what you mean; one time, I had to take my truck in for a TSB-related issue...I offered to the tech that my truck was having an issue that matches exactly what was stated in the TSB. Of course, he told me that he didn't think that there were TSBs related to my issue...then when I showed him a copy of the TSB that I was able to obtain from one of the forums I frequent--boy, you should have seen the look of surprise on his face! He was like, "Where did you get that TSB from?", as if there was no way I could have gotten hold of it before their dealership did. My response? "Well I guess your dealership must not be on GM's radar to not yet have been informed about this TSB...pretty lame, if you ask me."

The moral of this story? Like Alan said, come prepared with the TSB number--or even better, a copy of the TSB itself--so that the dealer won't try to play dumb hoping that you'll just shrug it off if they give you some kind of lame excuse for your issue.
Old 11-22-06, 08:02 AM
dreyfus

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by amf1932
This has worked for me as well. When I called the dealer concerning my climate commands voice recognition issue, they said they'd take a look at it. I told the service department that I knew what the problem was and the fix and that they needed to order a new display unit. Again, they said they'd have to investigate it first.

Then I gave them the TSIB number and they looked it up. Immediately their response changed from "we'll look at it" to "we've ordered the part and will schedule your service when it comes in".

Having that TSIB beforehand saved me a lot of time.
Old 11-22-06, 09:12 AM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

I'm curious to see if I'm the only person who thinks this.

You're hired as a Service Manager to support and repair a product (Lexus Vehicles). You have 8 distinct models (vehicles) with two variations (hybrids). You have a super cool distribution system (IT system) that diseminates and collates technical information on well known vehicle repair issues (TSIBs). Each model has maybe 10-15 important and relevant to repair TSIBs during its lifecycle. Your manufacturer (Lexus) makes a big deal about its great training that it provides both its service and sales people on information about the product (vehicles) so that you can provide awesome customer service during its lifecycle.

If I was a Service Manager - given the above - I'd make it a point of knowing all the TSIBs to better serve the customer. That's what I'd think the employer would demand, which is why it built the IT and training systems to get that info to you. It's certainly what the customer expects.

So how can it be that people here routinely report that the Service Manager stares at them blankly when questioning a TSIB that they're unaware of? I just don't get it.
OkieSpiers (02-13-18)
Old 11-22-06, 09:24 AM
1seeker1
Rookie

Originally Posted by wanderer99
I'm curious to see if I'm the only person who thinks this.

You're hired as a Service Manager to support and repair a product (Lexus Vehicles). You have 8 distinct models (vehicles) with two variations (hybrids). You have a super cool distribution system (IT system) that diseminates and collates technical information on well known vehicle repair issues (TSIBs). Each model has maybe 10-15 important and relevant to repair TSIBs during its lifecycle. Your manufacturer (Lexus) makes a big deal about its great training that it provides both its service and sales people on information about the product (vehicles) so that you can provide awesome customer service during its lifecycle.

If I was a Service Manager - given the above - I'd make it a point of knowing all the TSIBs to better serve the customer. That's what I'd think the employer would demand, which is why it built the IT and training systems to get that info to you. It's certainly what the customer expects.

So how can it be that people here routinely report that the Service Manager stares at them blankly when questioning a TSIB that they're unaware of? I just don't get it.
EXACTLY! I feel the same way when I go to the dealer to look at the new models and you know more than the salesman knows!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: List of current ES350 TSIBs