ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

List of current ES350 TSIBs

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-06, 09:27 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wanderer99
I'm curious to see if I'm the only person who thinks this.

You're hired as a Service Manager to support and repair a product (Lexus Vehicles). You have 8 distinct models (vehicles) with two variations (hybrids). You have a super cool distribution system (IT system) that diseminates and collates technical information on well known vehicle repair issues (TSIBs). Each model has maybe 10-15 important and relevant to repair TSIBs during its lifecycle. Your manufacturer (Lexus) makes a big deal about its great training that it provides both its service and sales people on information about the product (vehicles) so that you can provide awesome customer service during its lifecycle.

If I was a Service Manager - given the above - I'd make it a point of knowing all the TSIBs to better serve the customer. That's what I'd think the employer would demand, which is why it built the IT and training systems to get that info to you. It's certainly what the customer expects.

So how can it be that people here routinely report that the Service Manager stares at them blankly when questioning a TSIB that they're unaware of? I just don't get it.
Ahh......If life was as perfect as this, and all people were ALL so knowledgeable, then I could understand this problem.....but it isn't!
Old 11-22-06, 10:11 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by amf1932
Ahh......If life was as perfect as this, and all people were ALL so knowledgeable, then I could understand this problem.....but it isn't!
An observation born out of wisdom...
Old 11-23-06, 06:24 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
An observation born out of wisdom...

That or an attitude that actually somehow makes it ok those who should be aware of TSIB's are not. If as few as 8 or 10, so far anyway, it is inexcusable they are not aware of them all.

It isn't as if people are bringing in a Chevy or Ford for service when they arrive at a Lexus service department.
Old 12-25-06, 12:36 PM
Mlawler
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also if you join tundrasolutions.com you can input your vehicle, even if it is a lexus and it will add the TSB PDF's for you automatically for your vehicle. Oh but you only can downlaod them if your a paying subscriber, neaat feature though.

Nice post here by the way.

Last edited by Mlawler; 12-25-06 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-28-06, 02:29 PM
RobF350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is one for a alighment issue, I had this one performed: #ST004-01
Old 12-29-06, 05:42 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RobF350
There is one for a alighment issue, I had this one performed: #ST004-01
Hmm, I can't find this TSIB anywhere. Its not listed in the official TSIB link I have been following. Do you have a source/link about it or can provide more info, please?
Old 12-29-06, 08:42 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

this might be a stupid question, but how do I know if the VIN of my car is in the range. I suspect my car will go thru TSB Number: BR004-06 as I find there are soft squeaks whenever I step on my brake (even if I do it lightly). my VIN is JHTBJ46G27*.
Old 12-29-06, 08:51 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cocopops
this might be a stupid question, but how do I know if the VIN of my car is in the range. I suspect my car will go thru TSB Number: BR004-06 as I find there are soft squeaks whenever I step on my brake (even if I do it lightly). my VIN is JHTBJ46G27*.
What part of the "applicable vehicles" and "production Change Information" sections do you not understand in the TSIB ? It's very specific. Unfortunately, you don't give us enough digits of your VIN to help you, but it is simple math, really. If your number is lower (which means "before") the number in the TSIB, then your vehicle falls in the range. Can't be much more direct than that.
Old 12-29-06, 09:28 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

okie. i understand it already. sorry I am slow...btw, i be bringing in my car for the 5k service and from the list above, my VIN applies to 4 of them.
Old 12-29-06, 10:36 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

keep in mind though, just because our vehicles may or may not fall within the specified VIN range doesn't mean that it will actually have the problem. Unfortunately, like yours, mine has on some included the faulty Nav head unit which had to be replaced for the Climate Control Voice Recognition Commands to work.
Old 12-30-06, 08:29 AM
RobF350
Driver

Originally Posted by twister
Hmm, I can't find this TSIB anywhere. Its not listed in the official TSIB link I have been following. Do you have a source/link about it or can provide more info, please?
just my work order from the dealer, he told me when I dropped it off there was a TSIB for it.

there is a A,B,C,D after it, but I thought that to be something internal.
Old 02-02-07, 10:16 AM
coolcow
Driver School Candidate

Anyone saved all the TSIBs? The links no longer work.
Old 02-03-07, 03:50 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Damn, they turned that website into a pay service I never even thought about saving those old TSIB. Anybody did? I will have to search the net to find another free source for TSIBs...
Old 02-03-07, 09:17 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

aw*****. I was just about to look up some tsb's.

Why isn't this public information?
Old 02-05-07, 01:37 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

A typical internet business model: give free info/access to get them hooked, than either sell to a big company or charge for monthly access If anybody finds another free source for TSIB, please post it in here.

Quick Reply: List of current ES350 TSIBs