ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Man, I'm tired of worrying that the wheels are going to fall off my car!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-06, 12:22 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the car, but the cold morning clatter has got to stop. Our church is 1 mile away from our house and when we pull in, people have already commented "is there something wrong with your car". I will be sure to tell the Lexus Service Manager that one. My current answer has been, no, it's supposed to be like that when cold. I wonder how this Lexus dealership is going to like them apples if it is not fixed.
Old 11-18-06, 03:04 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by garsarno
I love the car, but the cold morning clatter has got to stop. Our church is 1 mile away from our house and when we pull in, people have already commented "is there something wrong with your car". I will be sure to tell the Lexus Service Manager that one. My current answer has been, no, it's supposed to be like that when cold. I wonder how this Lexus dealership is going to like them apples if it is not fixed.
My wife, who knows nothing about cars, said the same thing. She heard the noise and asked what was wrong.
Old 11-18-06, 03:44 PM
Gumball
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy cow!

I do feel sorry for those who have the issues that have been posted on the forum. My point is that all too often these issues are reported under titles not directed at those issues and then are repeated and repeated and repeated. For example, this thread started with a positive user experience and see where it’s brought us. You may not want to acknowledge that this is a problem. I think it is.

I have participated in many BBS boards and usually a snip from a ‘senior’ heavy poster or moderator is fairly neutral. I find the equivalent here, however, is to ‘piling on’ in football. Not a pretty sight to see and only re enforces some of our opinions – on the ES forum only bashing the 350 is first-rate posting.

To date I haven’t seen anyone report whether doing some manual shifts with a cold engine gets around the transmission flare or slippage problems. Do ULs have less wind noise? I have heard that transmission, wind noise, door alignment problems engine noise, problems etc. etc. are issues reported in virtually any randomly chosen thread. Look at this thread that I started as a positive experience of an ES 350 owner. Again, holy cow!!!! Lets all lighten up.
Old 11-18-06, 04:01 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gumball
I do feel sorry for those who have the issues that have been posted on the forum. My point is that all too often these issues are reported under titles not directed at those issues and then are repeated and repeated and repeated. For example, this thread started with a positive user experience and see where it’s brought us. You may not want to acknowledge that this is a problem. I think it is.

I have participated in many BBS boards and usually a snip from a ‘senior’ heavy poster or moderator is fairly neutral. I find the equivalent here, however, is to ‘piling on’ in football. Not a pretty sight to see and only re enforces some of our opinions – on the ES forum only bashing the 350 is first-rate posting.

To date I haven’t seen anyone report whether doing some manual shifts with a cold engine gets around the transmission flare or slippage problems. Do ULs have less wind noise? I have heard that transmission, wind noise, door alignment problems engine noise, problems etc. etc. are issues reported in virtually any randomly chosen thread. Look at this thread that I started as a positive experience of an ES 350 owner. Again, holy cow!!!! Lets all lighten up.

Because there are only a hand full of issues reported on the ES, those few issues take up many threads. Wind noise, cold engine knock, and the tranny issues seem to be it. Lets be happy that there is not more (except an odd issue here and there). I sure am.
Old 11-18-06, 04:02 PM
Gumball
Driver School Candidate

I love my wife, I really like my car
Old 11-18-06, 04:13 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The type of posts on here in general will be less about defective vehicles that have shocked and surprised their owners ONLY when Lexus improves it's quality control problems and not any sooner than that.
Old 11-18-06, 04:18 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
The type of posts on here in general will be less about defective vehicles that have shocked and surprised their owners ONLY when Lexus improves it's quality control problems and not any sooner than that.
I also think that everyone talks about the same issues over and over again are because Lexus has no fix for any of them. So, we have to bounce off experiences with each other.

Yeah, the engine knock is not normal. Lexus claims it is normal. I would bet the house that there will be some kind of TSB very soon on this.
Old 11-18-06, 04:20 PM
Gumball
Driver School Candidate

Bob,

You are not lightening up!
Old 11-18-06, 04:24 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MD350
I also think that everyone talks about the same issues over and over again are because Lexus has no fix for any of them. So, we have to bounce off experiences with each other.

Yeah, the engine knock is not normal. Lexus claims it is normal. I would bet the house that there will be some kind of TSB very soon on this.
MD,

You are right. Look at the progress, albeit limited, made on wind noise and outside sound intrusion alone, the reason I asked you about loaner door alignment and you were interested enough to go check it out, the input from e-man, wanderer and several others too and your own first hand experience with a trans flare and how you would feel if that was your own daily car doing that.

Working together on here we may just fix many things on our own that we have been told are normal for an ES or posting enough Lexus may choose to correct that which they darn well know is not normal.
Old 11-18-06, 04:28 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
MD,

You are right. Look at the progress, albeit limited, made on wind noise and outside sound intrusion alone, the reason I asked you about loaner door alignment and you were interested enough to go check it out, the input from e-man, wanderer and several others too and your own first hand experience with a trans flare and how you would feel if that was your own daily car doing that.

Working together on here we may just fix many things on our own that we have been told are normal for an ES or posting enough Lexus may choose to correct that which they darn well know is not normal.
Agreed.

So it does not upset some other readers, I feel moderators may consider making sub folders with the ES350 forum file. One file should be titled problems/issues/resolutions. I have seen this on other make/model forum sites. Just my two cents.
Old 11-18-06, 04:58 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Agreed.

So it does not upset some other readers, I feel moderators may consider making sub folders with the ES350 forum file. One file should be titled problems/issues/resolutions. I have seen this on other make/model forum sites. Just my two cents.
That might not be a bad idea.

What I find astounding though is people who have cars that do not have these issues complain about not seeing positive posts when in my opinion they should be all over the posts they feel are not "positive" encouraging others by saying........ HECK no that is NOT normal and if I were you I'd go back to that service department or call Lexus and demand one that operates like mine, a Lexus should operate like mine. Instead you see complaints about not enough positive posts and worse you see those, motive unknown, insisting actual defects are normal or should be ignored or tolerated for some reason as though that makes it ok.

I believe what we see "all over here" are those who simply believed in the following Lexus slogan and are refusing to compromise and be left with knocking tapping, trans isues, wind noise and more.

"Compromise is an acquired skill. Acquire it elsewhere."

A Lexus onwer is not going tolerate his or her own car having serious or even chronic nuisance issues by making a compromise and in my opinion is equally not going to tolerate seeing others made to compromise without offering encouragement to the contrary.

For me, a car of mine without an issue or without several issues would not phase me in the least where seeing posts of others with issues, and certainly never to point I complained about a lack of positive posts while others are clearly suffering with their vehicle defects. I'd be out doing cartwheels and backflips mine was issue free while also offering support to those who do have issues.

That is what I like about CL and why it is so popular, because you do see exactly that on here even from people who do have car issues encouraging others who either do not or think they might or actually share same or similar issues. E-man owns a GS and yet he hopped on here to help us all with wind noise issues, other, now whether he also does backflips his own car has none of this I don't know..LOL
Old 11-18-06, 05:23 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Agreed.

That would be a great idea to keep things better organized and stick to a particular topic(s).
Old 11-18-06, 05:42 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gumball
I love my wife, I really like my car
You got those mixed up, and need to straighten your priorities
Old 11-18-06, 05:58 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by twister
You got those mixed up, and need to straighten your priorities
Not if he's the wise man we think he is..
Old 11-18-06, 06:22 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Not unless his wife is reading this forum LOL!!!

Quick Reply: Man, I'm tired of worrying that the wheels are going to fall off my car!