ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

what did you pay for your ES 350

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-06, 12:30 PM
richbutler
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twister
Hmm, sounds fishy Invoice is usually $4k down from MSRP. $300 over invoice would be in mid $40k. Maybe he had additional discount or other way of "getting lucky"?
I'm in Northern California (Bay Area) and bought my Ultra with spoiler, sirius, and nav/levinson for $39.8K in mid-May.
Old 07-16-06, 06:41 PM
tstead
Driver School Candidate

I just bought an ES350 in the Detroit, MI area with the following:
Premium plus w/navigation
Parking assist
wood & leather steering wheel
HID headlamps
rear seat airbags
full-size spare
preferred accessory package
Blue Onyx pearl/light gray interior

I paid $37500. Any thoughts?

Thx.
Old 07-16-06, 06:54 PM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tstead
Parking assist
HID headlamps
rear seat airbags
full-size spare

Thx.
What a rip off!

Just kidding. Sounds like a very good deal actually.

Good luck. When are you taking delivery?
Old 07-17-06, 04:08 AM
P0747
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tstead
Parking assist
HID headlamps
rear seat airbags
full-size spare

Thx.
Looks like you received a better deal than I. I'm picking mine up on the 22nd. Same car except for the parking assist and color. Mine is the Amber Pearl/ Cashmere interior. $38,200
Old 07-17-06, 06:44 AM
Redefined
Driver School Candidate

I got my Amber Pearl UL (ML, Nav, and Prefered Accessory Package) for $41K.
Old 07-17-06, 09:44 AM
tstead
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PsychDoc
What a rip off!

Just kidding. Sounds like a very good deal actually.

Good luck. When are you taking delivery?
I already took delivery of the car and it rides like a champ!

Tim
Old 07-17-06, 10:58 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Default paid

MSM, Premium Pro, rear seat airbags, All-wood-leather steering, full size spare, Bluetooth.
$34,299 ($2850 below MSRP).

I think I coulda gotten a better deal on the SGM because the MSRP was $900 more (due to options) and they were gonna sell it to me for exact same price. I had to pass because wife could not accept all-black interior, and there was no ETA on grey interior.

If we looked at these prices at year end, we gonna feel really bad cus im sure prices will drop. So we pay a premium to enjoy these cars early. The salesperson said "you can drive these for 16 months and it'll still be 2007 model". I dont buy into that gimick, but im glad i got a 2007 model tho.
Old 07-17-06, 11:52 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys in CA don't know how good you got it with so many Lexus dealers competing for your business!!! I got a package one step above yours, but if I scale it down to your package - I paid about $850 more. That is a good deal considering no other Lexus dealer even remotely close. As a matter of fact, my dealer build another location about 40 miles away, and they are not competing in pricing (all the info stored in the same computer database).
Old 07-17-06, 02:46 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Default they are sharks

well i was playing my dealership with another one 10 miles away and they each was willing to match the other's pricing, so basically i got the best deal at that time with my haggling ability. I'm sure my dealership made a ton of money off the deal anyway.... the dealer holdback is pretty big, plus I paid a few hundred bucks above invoice so someone got big commission.

Took my car to dealership today to get my fender panel and hood aligned properly (per previous post about quality control). Now the dealership has to pay a tech to work on the car, and also my loaner was free. So they lossed a bit of margin from this....no biggee. The loaner is an RX330.... I like my highlander better even tho they both drive exactly the same. Somehow the RX330 console looks childishly amateurish to me...kinda like a part of a toy.
Old 07-17-06, 04:16 PM
CyclopStan
Rookie

"You guys in CA don't know how good you got it with so many Lexus dealers competing for your business!!"

At least you guys have options, here in Hawaii we have 1 dealership, w/ 2 locations. Fortuneately 1 is here on Maui or I know I wouldn't have bought it. Part of what we pay for is the Lexus treatment from beginning to end. We don't have an Audi or Infiniti dealer here & I know my neighbors that bought from their affiliated dealers don't get the same after purchase treatment. As for the having options w/ dealers, I got only $250 off as they're upfront about the price, but were more than happy to deal on all the 330's they still had left. Usually the best prices here are found thru costco, but none of the luxury dealers in the islands are in the program. And shipping from the mainland is $1000 plus you have to get someone to get it to the docks...
Old 07-18-06, 04:30 AM
lmwhitman@
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gpension
I just purchased an ES with Premium package + a bunch of options - basically, Premium Plus minus Rain sensing wipers and cushion extender, but plus Rear Airbags and Parking Assist.

I paid about $2,000 less than MSRP.

This is my first Lexus, and I absolutely loved the drive and interior finish of the car. However, the option packages and choices, which apparently vary by state or region, are insane. It took me a while to figure out what I bought vs. what I thought I was going to get before I walked into the dealer.
Congrats on your new purchase. Which dealer did you buy from?
Old 07-18-06, 08:14 AM
gpension
Driver School Candidate

Lexus of Norwood.
Old 07-18-06, 08:45 PM
dshahs420
Pole Position

^^^lexus of norwood is overpriced but the service is excellent......personally I prefer Lexus of Watertown as their prices are better, I bought my 06 es from them and it was amazing how much they dispise each other to a point when i told lexus of norwood that i bought the car from lexus of watertown, they sent a guy to pick up my lexus, drive it to lexus of watertown and tell them that I was buying it from them because they were giving me $1000 off more but then lexus of watertown returned my car and gave me $2000 off more than Lexus of Norwood, so i took it back and Lexus of Norwood couldnt beat the offer from watertown. I inquired about the es350 as i was thinking about trading my 06 and lexus of watertown beat Lexus of norwood by $2000 dollars, but i decided to keep the 06.
Old 07-19-06, 10:36 AM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dshahs420
I inquired about the es350 as i was thinking about trading my 06 and lexus of watertown beat Lexus of norwood by $2000 dollars, but i decided to keep the 06.
Come on! Trade it in. You won't regret it. I still have my 02 ES, but love the ES 350.
Old 07-20-06, 01:29 AM
kreativ
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kaius88
well i was playing my dealership with another one 10 miles away and they each was willing to match the other's pricing, so basically i got the best deal at that time with my haggling ability. I'm sure my dealership made a ton of money off the deal anyway.... the dealer holdback is pretty big, plus I paid a few hundred bucks above invoice so someone got big commission.
Anyone else in SoCal able to get the car for a few hundred above invoice?
I thought I'd have to wait until closer to the end of the year to get that kind of pricing.

Quick Reply: what did you pay for your ES 350