ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-14, 04:09 PM
ATXman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rack & Pinion

Originally Posted by sixthrock
I just brought my 3 year old Lexus 350 ES in for routine service to the dealer today.
It only has been driven 22,000 miles. I was told my rack and pinion steering unit has a leak. I know this has been a problem with the RX. Has anyone else had this problem with the ES? And so soon?
When I purchased my 07 es350 I thought that I had a leak in my Rack & Pinion as well; turned out to be an inner CV boot clamp that had come loose and was actually leaking the grease. If they have to replace the Rack & Pinion then the book calls for remove the engine and transmission to replace the Rack and rated at 10.5 to 13 hours for the work so get it done under warranty if at all possible.
Old 08-26-14, 07:43 PM
GrnIdKjun
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello, I've been lurking and reading through over 30 something pages of topics and figured it was time to join.
So much good information shared here.

So, this month I've purchased my "New to Me" CPO 2010 es350 w/28k miles.
To me, this was like getting a new car with so few miles, one owner and the 3 year 100k CPO warranty.

I look forward to seeing everyone's updates and tips as well.
Old 08-30-14, 08:58 PM
ree1170
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GrnIdKjun
Hello, I've been lurking and reading through over 30 something pages of topics and figured it was time to join.
So much good information shared here.

So, this month I've purchased my "New to Me" CPO 2010 es350 w/28k miles.
To me, this was like getting a new car with so few miles, one owner and the 3 year 100k CPO warranty.

I look forward to seeing everyone's updates and tips as well.
Welcome to the family. I bought a 2011 on 8/5/14. It had about 30k miles. I love my car thus far!
Old 08-30-14, 10:18 PM
GrnIdKjun
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ree1170
Welcome to the family. I bought a 2011 on 8/5/14. It had about 30k miles. I love my car thus far!
That's funny... that's actually the same day I bought mine. congratulations on yours as well.
Old 09-15-14, 01:57 PM
TJams
Driver School Candidate

Not new to the forum, but been gone for a while, so I thought I'd re-introduce myself - mainly since I've upgraded from a 2002 Lex ES300 to a 2009 ES 350.

Obsidian exterior w/Black interior
FULLY loaded w/the exception of the Levinson audio system

I've had it about 3 weeks - it glides across the road and is as quiet as any car I've ever driven.

Going to take him on a road trip (about 800 miles round/trip) for Columbus Day Weekend and looking forward to it!

Last edited by TJams; 09-17-14 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 09-19-14, 05:47 PM
KCFAN
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2011 ES350 33k miles

2011 es350 Luxury edition Obsidian Loaded, 33K miles. Beautiful car, I have owned Toyota for years but wanted to try a Luxury one. Paid 26k.

Added chrome radiator cover upper and lower, LED DRL in the plastic bumper insert, spoiler, special under door lights, and new wheel inserts.

Won't let me upload a picture.
Old 09-27-14, 06:42 PM
recha12d
Pole Position

Just bit the bullet yesterday and picked up an 08 ES 350 with 81k miles. Got rid of my 01 G 430 a couple weeks ago and could not be happier. This car is exactly what I wanted - a quiet luxurious ride.

Edit:
It looks like I cannot play Pandora via Bluetooth on my iPhone correct? Looks like I gotta get an aux cord...

Last edited by recha12d; 09-27-14 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Added Pandora comment.
Old 09-29-14, 01:34 PM
rwmnau
Rookie

Congratulations on the purchase - you made a great choice! I'm loving my 2007 and I couldn't have imagined being this happy.

About the Bluetooth - I have the same thing happen. It seems that the in-dash Bluetooth supports hands-free calling, but not a newer feature known as "Audio Profiles" that allow it to stream music and sync the phone book automatically. Also, I only get the phone number of an incoming call on my dash about half the time. I was hopeful that it was something that a software update could resolve but it seems that's not the case - I ended up going with an aux cable for music, though.

However, you might want to give something like this a try to add Bluetooth audio streaming:

Amazon Amazon

I have a similar model that they don't sell anymore, but it's a little aux/Bluetooth dongle that acts as the receiver and pumps my wireless audio into the aux port. Works pretty well and gives me back wireless audio. When you add the device to your phone, just tell your phone it's an audio device only (disable the phone profile on the Bluetooth device pairing) and you'll still be able to receive phone calls through the native Bluetooth as you do normally.

Alternatively, you could enable wireless music while also giving a throwback to an age gone by with a cassette adapter

Amazon Amazon

Originally Posted by recha12d
Just bit the bullet yesterday and picked up an 08 ES 350 with 81k miles. Got rid of my 01 G 430 a couple weeks ago and could not be happier. This car is exactly what I wanted - a quiet luxurious ride.

Edit:
It looks like I cannot play Pandora via Bluetooth on my iPhone correct? Looks like I gotta get an aux cord...
Old 09-29-14, 06:44 PM
recha12d
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rwmnau
Congratulations on the purchase - you made a great choice! I'm loving my 2007 and I couldn't have imagined being this happy.

About the Bluetooth - I have the same thing happen. It seems that the in-dash Bluetooth supports hands-free calling, but not a newer feature known as "Audio Profiles" that allow it to stream music and sync the phone book automatically. Also, I only get the phone number of an incoming call on my dash about half the time. I was hopeful that it was something that a software update could resolve but it seems that's not the case - I ended up going with an aux cable for music, though.

However, you might want to give something like this a try to add Bluetooth audio streaming:

http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Bluet...=bluetooth+aux

I have a similar model that they don't sell anymore, but it's a little aux/Bluetooth dongle that acts as the receiver and pumps my wireless audio into the aux port. Works pretty well and gives me back wireless audio. When you add the device to your phone, just tell your phone it's an audio device only (disable the phone profile on the Bluetooth device pairing) and you'll still be able to receive phone calls through the native Bluetooth as you do normally.

Alternatively, you could enable wireless music while also giving a throwback to an age gone by with a cassette adapter

http://www.amazon.com/RadioShack-Rad...bluetooth+tape
Thanks for the suggestion. I took the old school route and just bought an AUX cord and have my iPhone plugged into that.
Old 10-01-14, 04:19 PM
Lexample
Driver School Candidate

Smile

I 've had my ES350 for about a month and have been lurking around here for about twice as long. Figured it's time for an intro.

I have a 2007 w/85K miles
White/Cashmere Interior
I think it's called the Ultra Luxury (backup cam, navi, ML sound system)
Had '09 Nissan Sentra before the Lexus.
My wife had an ES330 a few years ago and I think she's a tad jealous now lol

Old 10-10-14, 10:12 AM
mabo2007es
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 es 350

I bought the car six months ago from a gm dealer so far. I like to say that this is a great car, just oil change every 8000.00 km. 600.00 km more per tank in city. helps me a lot to make money than my previously 2006 impala ss. I just want say my next car will be a es300h.
Old 10-14-14, 12:16 PM
spongerwil
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 Lexus ES350

Hi Everyone,

Back in a Toyota/ Lexus vehicle again. I previously owned a 2003 Tundra and 04 RX330. The last vehicle I was driving for was 2000 Audi A6 2.7 T with 6speed manual. Great car but it was climbing near 170,000 miles and didn't want to deal with replacing 2 turbos.

I recently purchased a used 2007 Lexus ES 350 with 21,000 from a private party. Has some front bumper scuff but I can live with that. Only minor mods I've done so far was change the bulbs to the Sylvania Silverstars and change tires to Yokohama YK580 225/55/17. Plan on doing window tint next (contemplating between 20% all around or 35% all around ). Also looking into doing gloss black vinyl roof. After that I should be done with the car.

Definitely change of driving characteristics between the Audi A6 and the ES350 but glad to be back in the Lexus family and the exciting cars they are producing.

Oh yeah, I was an active forum member back in the days with tundrasolutions.com. so not really new to car forums.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20141008_173632.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20141008_173720.jpg  
Old 10-31-14, 02:37 AM
Edward78
Driver School Candidate

I purchased a 2012 ES 350 10/19 and I lovr this car first but have had toyotas in the past trucks and cars. Last car was a 06 Toyots Corolla so this is a nice upgrade for sure.
Old 11-03-14, 03:38 PM
sfjoseph
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up 1st Time Lexus Owner

I purchased my 2007 ES350 on 10/24/14

Smokey Granite Mica Exterior / Grey Interior

Premium Plus Package with Heated and ventilated front seats. Includes:
- Leather-trimmed interior
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Driver's seat power cushion extender and lumbar
- Rear power sunshade
- Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger's seats, outside mirrors and steering wheel
- Electrochromatic outside mirrors with dual tilt-down in reverse
- Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle

Additional Options:
- Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System
- High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and Dual-swivel Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- Wood and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift ****
- Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

I've owned many cars over the years from a classic Porsche to most recently a three-color Altima named Triplicate.
Old 11-03-14, 06:00 PM
TerryTundr
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 es 350!

Hey Just saying Hello , Traded my 2007 Avalon and after clearing my thoughts on a the new camry i finally came to my senses and bought a 2007 ES350 Premium Package! I am very happy and so far really love this car!

Grafted into the Lexus family!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE