ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Another ES300 Set up.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-18, 05:14 PM
NikS
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How did you install the double din?
Old 05-01-18, 06:22 PM
Slowguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 05-02-18, 11:25 AM
crwys
Lead Lap

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Slowguy
I am curious about the Digital Guard Dawg iKey Series Push Button Start / Remote Start, couple of questions.
Does the car still beep when it is locked and unlocked via the rfid chip? (I think rfid is what its called)
How long is the range on the remote start?
Is it a two way system, so you know when the car has been started?
Is there still an ability to run ACC for electronics when the push button is installed? Or is it just whole car off / whole car on?

Thanks.
Old 05-02-18, 12:58 PM
Slowguy
Driver School Candidate

1. There is no chirp it’s design silent as default, you can wire it to do so but horn is active when shock sensor or doors are triggered. I actually have the same question I want to use the factory chirp but the Es300 has 3 horns. 1 for chirp and 2 for horns. I’m actually going to wire my aux light trigger in substitute to utilize the factory chirp this weekend, I will do an update on the wiring diagram.

2. Yes it uses RFID and there is two different ranges for the auto open/close RFID is very short it 3-5 feet depends on placement of antennas. As for the FOB same deal depend where you place the module the range may very. Mine is pretty deep in and tight spot. I would say about 4-5 car length when I disarm the alarm and or remote start. It is not a two way system there is no screen on the fob so it got by Line of Sight. I think the a is to mimic seamless stock like condition.

3. Yea there is ACC position. One push on button and no brakes applied to turn on ACC, Second push to turn on full power. Lastly in either position, Press and hold brake and hold button to start/ crank. There is a tach sensor so it only period until it hit he first mil-sec to trigger the starter and find a tach reading.

Old 05-02-18, 05:17 PM
crwys
Lead Lap

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowguy
1. There is no chirp it’s design silent as default, you can wire it to do so but horn is active when shock sensor or doors are triggered. I actually have the same question I want to use the factory chirp but the Es300 has 3 horns. 1 for chirp and 2 for horns. I’m actually going to wire my aux light trigger in substitute to utilize the factory chirp this weekend, I will do an update on the wiring diagram.

2. Yes it uses RFID and there is two different ranges for the auto open/close RFID is very short it 3-5 feet depends on placement of antennas. As for the FOB same deal depend where you place the module the range may very. Mine is pretty deep in and tight spot. I would say about 4-5 car length when I disarm the alarm and or remote start. It is not a two way system there is no screen on the fob so it got by Line of Sight. I think the a is to mimic seamless stock like condition.

3. Yea there is ACC position. One push on button and no brakes applied to turn on ACC, Second push to turn on full power. Lastly in either position, Press and hold brake and hold button to start/ crank. There is a tach sensor so it only period until it hit he first mil-sec to trigger the starter and find a tach reading.

That would be great, thanks.

That is kinda a shame. While the whole automatically unlocking system is pretty cool, more range on the key fob / remote start would be useful. Maybe if I look around more I can find something that's exactly what I want.

And thank you.

Thanks for the detailed response.
Old 05-02-18, 05:58 PM
Slowguy
Driver School Candidate

Yea sure thing, I realistically my car sits in front of my house or in my garage when I remote start it. I used to have this cool viper alarms that had the advertised mile range when I had my Honda in the early 2000 time but then let’s be real how often do you really need to start your car a mile away or even a quarter mile away and my distance is subjective. It really just depends and plus haven’t tested any further because I haven’t had the need too, you def can call them and get true specs. I had installed for about 3 months so far and currently working to expectation. Plus, I really wanted a stock style keyless entry with added alarm and push button start. Lastly, I’m lazy and my key never leaves my pocket and If you had or have a newer Lexus it’s pretty darn close but to each their own.
Old 05-02-18, 06:04 PM
Slowguy
Driver School Candidate

Idea what my key FOB looks like.
The following users liked this post:
BMeek (05-12-18)