ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

es300 2003 immobilizer programming

Old 10-11-17, 07:26 PM
zzdavidzz2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default es300 2003 immobilizer programming

I have a Lexus es300 2003 and just got the key cut and keyless program. I have done a couple of methods online and the immobilizer programming does not seem like it wants to take it. Does anyone know if this has to be program through an OBD2? or is there a method that actually allows me to do it avoiding that cost. Thanks
Old 10-12-17, 05:43 AM
VicSWFL
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Greetings:
I have a 2003 ES300 and I received only the master key with remote when I bought the car 3 years ago. I purchased another master key without remote, a valet key, and a "wallet key". I programmed all of these keys with this guide I found online. It seems a little crazy but it worked fine for me. Here's the guide for your car:

TYPE C

Lexus Key and Remote Programming Instructions

Key Programming
1. Insert an already programmed master key into the ignition. Do not turn.
2. Press and release the gas pedal 5 times.
3. Press and release the brake pedal 6 times.
4. Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Insert the new key you want to program into the ignition.
6. Press and release the gas pedal one time.
7. Wait 1 minute. The security light will be blinking for this one minute. When it stops blinking your

key is programmed. To end programming step on brake one time.

NOTE: Look for your security light. This light will guide you during the programming procedure. The security light will go off at Step 1. It will remain off until Step 6. The security light will come on and start to blink after Step 6 until the key is programmed. If the security light comes on after Step 4 STOP the procedure and start over again.

If you perform this procedure too slowly your car will not go into programming mode. If you can not get your car to go into programming mode make sure you are using a master key and not a valet key.

If you have a master key then you will probably need to perform this procedure more quickly.

Remote Programming
1. Close and lock all doors. Unlock and open drivers door.
2. Put key into ignition and remove TWO TIMES.
3. Close and open the drivers door TWO TIMES.
4. Put key into the ignition and remove.
5. Close and open the drivers door two times.
6. Put key into the ignition. Close the drivers door.
7. Turn ignition ON then OFF ONE TIME- this will put the car in ADD mode for your remote. (Turning

the ignition ON then OFF TWO TIMES will ADD the remote but will erase all existing remotes.)
8. Remove the key from the ignition. The door locks will cycle one time (or two if you are erasing) .

On the REMOTE press and hold the LOCK and the UNLOCK button for 2 seconds. On the REMOTE press the LOCK button for one second.

AT THIS POINT, the locks should cycle by themselves ONE time. This means the procedure was accepted. IF the locks cycle twice it has failed. IF this happens you must start over. Hold the remotes higher up for better reception

9. Open and close the drivers door. Put key in ignition and pull out. This will end programming.

If you want the guide for all Lexus vehicle key programming, you can find it here: http://www.keymam.com/ru/news_view.asp?newsid=58

Good luck,

Vic
Fort Myers, Florida
2003 ES300 w/121K miles

Old 10-12-17, 06:06 PM
zzdavidzz2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VicSWFL
Greetings:
I have a 2003 ES300 and I received only the master key with remote when I bought the car 3 years ago. I purchased another master key without remote, a valet key, and a "wallet key". I programmed all of these keys with this guide I found online. It seems a little crazy but it worked fine for me. Here's the guide for your car:

TYPE C

Key Programming
7. Wait 1 minute. The security light will be blinking for this one minute. When it stops blinking your

NOTE: Look for your security light. This light will guide you during the programming procedure. The security light will go off at Step 1. It will remain off until Step 6. The security light will come on and start to blink after Step 6 until the key is programmed. If the security light comes on after Step 4 STOP the procedure and start over again.

If you perform this procedure too slowly your car will not go into programming mode. If you can not get your car to go into programming mode make sure you are using a master key and not a valet key.

If you have a master key then you will probably need to perform this procedure more quickly.

Remote Programming
7. Turn ignition ON then OFF ONE TIME- this will put the car in ADD mode for your remote. (Turning

the ignition ON then OFF TWO TIMES will ADD the remote but will erase all existing remotes.)
8. Remove the key from the ignition. The door locks will cycle one time (or two if you are erasing) .

On the REMOTE press and hold the LOCK and the UNLOCK button for 2 seconds. On the REMOTE press the LOCK button for one second.

AT THIS POINT, the locks should cycle by themselves ONE time. This means the procedure was accepted. IF the locks cycle twice it has failed. IF this happens you must start over. Hold the remotes higher up for better reception

9. Open and close the drivers door. Put key in ignition and pull out. This will end programming.

If you want the guide for all Lexus vehicle key programming, you can find it here: http://www.keymam.com/ru/news_view.asp?newsid=58

Good luck,

Vic
Fort Myers, Florida
2003 ES300 w/121K miles

Vic,
Thanks for the response I really appreciate it, I have tried that method and seem to be having problem still. Is there any way to tell that I am in programming mode? the lights just keeps blinking I waited about 120 seconds just to see if it would stop. I am positive that I have the master key since it unlocks and locks the glove box too.
Old 10-17-17, 06:49 PM
speedkar9
Lexus Champion

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

You need techstream to do this on the 4ES

Old 10-18-17, 11:44 AM
zzdavidzz2
Driver School Candidate

here is an update on the key programming, after numerous attempt to program the key and was inform mix information. Online and forms said that it can be program through the car without the OBD2 reader & program. Dealers and some local key fob cutters stated it needed to be program. I have decided to purchase the device and program it myself.. The cost to program at some locations ranges from 75 to 150 dollars.I have reference a link to the unit. http://www.carkeysale.com/wholesale/...MaAps_EALw_wcB This unit program my key just fine.. and now I can use it to program others as well, This was purchase at about 75 dollars after shipping and did the trick for me.
The following users liked this post:
MaconIt (05-22-22)
Old 10-24-17, 07:06 AM
shortstop
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was able to program my 2003 ES with just the old key and a new one. The problem was the online Lexus instructions to program would not work. I then tried to program it for a similar Toyota(Camry) I think it was? And there was one step that was different, and it worked.
Old 12-28-22, 10:30 AM
Ckeller88
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light never stops blinking

Originally Posted by VicSWFL
Greetings:

TYPE C

Key Programming

Remote Programming

Good luck,

Vic
Fort Myers, Florida
2003 ES300 w/121K miles

I got the key to where it locks and unlocks but I can't get it to start the car. It will turn it off and on, but the security light never stops blinking in the programming process