ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

2002–2006 Lexus ES300 ES330 other models factory transmission/accel "Lag fix"

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-17, 02:57 PM
manpdhi1
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Schoolinu
Thanks for all the posts, I just ordered a 9-drive. I was wondering, what is the driving difference between AAA and SSS? I couldn’t find any information on the manufacturers website.

Art
From what I know, AAA is for automatic transmission and SSS is for manual transmission. I think module delivers signal differently to ECM depending on what transmission your car has.
Old 09-23-17, 06:53 PM
Schoolinu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by manpdhi1
From what I know, AAA is for automatic transmission and SSS is for manual transmission. I think module delivers signal differently to ECM depending on what transmission your car has.
i gathered that from the sire as well, You mentioned to use 2.1 SSS, is that because you had noticed a difference between AAA and SSS?
Old 09-24-17, 10:04 AM
manpdhi1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Schoolinu
i gathered that from the sire as well, You mentioned to use 2.1 SSS, is that because you had noticed a difference between AAA and SSS?
I guess it's about the feel of accelerator response and how or when the car shifts. no one car is exactly same to other, even same model. I would stick to AAA on Lexus ES, since it is automatic and let the car adjust for while... "Adaptive Transmissions"

Rest is on you for experiments!!!
Old 11-07-17, 11:32 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I wonder if this will fix the "lag" in some of the RCF owners? I had my RCF ECU reflashed by a Lexus dealership and the lag was gone.

Also is this work the same as the Apexi throttle controller, but cheaper?

Originally Posted by manpdhi1
Please don't flag this post. I am new to club lexus. to get help and help out. Not for Sale ad

***** Try mode P2.1 on Lexus ES. Mode P3.1 is for extreme racing 😈😀

How to fix 2002–2006 Lexus ES300 ES330 other models factory transmission/acceleration Lag fix:

Starting in 2002 Toyota Lexus started to switch to "drive by wire" system on its cars. The accelerator/gas pedal became sensor that sends digital signal to ECM and then ECM controls other functions based on that like how fast and how wide the throttle opens and transmission shifting. In early design like 2002-2006 es300 es330 camry others,Toyota simply took its old TPS sensor that were mounted on throttle bodies and placed it on accelerator pedal. From factory this sensor was set to give slow reading to ECM, not sufficient for drive by wire system. Current Updated Accelerator pedals use magnetic sensor on pedal and driver is given option buttons on dashboard like ECO, SPORT, Normal etc. to tune the ecm. On older gen. like 2002-2006 Es300 330 customers right away and to this day notice LAG/Unresponsive acceleration and gear shifting. "speedkar99" youtuber called this phenomenon the "lag tard" on club Lexus. When I got my 2005 Lexus Es330 in San Jose, California as used car, I also noticed this lag in acceleration and weird transmission as many others complaint same. I did many things like change accelerator pedal, full tune up, transmission fluid flushes and reset ecm. All these helped but not fix factory design problem, the pedal sensor is too slow to give reading to ecm. Last solution: I always wanted to try the throttle controller modules that plug into pedal sensor like Buddy Club: http://www.buddyclubuk.com/acatalog/BC-ETB-FN-FD2.jpg and apexi, sprint booster etc. but they were too expensive for my budget. One day, I went on alibaba.com and chat with seller in china that sells "9-drive throttle controller" ask me for seller if needed. I sent them photo of my 2005 Lexus es330 accelerator pedal connector photo: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1wvq9O...-Connector.jpg and paid on paypal and seller ship me 9-drive controller from hong kong to San Jose, California in 3-4 days DHL.

Unit price: $45/pc.

Shipping cost: $19by DHL within 3-5 working days you will received.

Paypal fee: $2.82

Total price: $66.82

***unit price can be negotiated to $35 I think***

I simply plug n play the module on accelerator pedal. They send you the correct connector based on your car. There are various models out of china/hong kong. After the install my Lexus "WAKE UP" after many years. I can put it in Eco, Normal(factory), Normal + , sport, race modes. In each mode you can pick 9 levels thus 9-drive. You plug in small module on pedal sensor then install tiny controller on dashboard. I put my es330 on P2.1 which is sport begin mode and my lexus response to tiny touch on pedal. THE CAR JUST WAKE UP and drives like new with no lag. In eco mode the rpm move very slow in response to pedal and in sport rpm move right way to pedal movement thus no lag. U can put it in nor/factory mode also just with touch of button. The module tunes reading coming out of pedal sensor. No more, when you press pedal and ecm thinks what should I do and then responds. I been using this for while and No check engine light. I highly recommend throttle booster/controller for cars after you have tried everything else like me. Please look for sport, eco, normal buttons on newer model cars on dashboard. ASK ME A QUESTION FOR ADDITIONAL INFO. email: manpdhi1@yahoo.com

2005 Lexus ES330

Controller hidden in coin compartment

NORMAL MODE

ECO MODE (9 levels)

NORMAL PLUS+ MODE (9 levels)

SPORT MODE (9 levels)

RACE MODE (9 levels)

THROTTLE CONTROLLER MODULE between pedal sensor and factory connector, wire routed under dashboard to display in coin compartment

Disclaimer: I am not in any way responsible for the product and are simply trying to convey information to help others
Old 03-29-18, 01:11 PM
JElsom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the 9 drive fix the erratic shifting problem also?
Old 03-29-18, 07:16 PM
99custom
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would love to hear from some posters that may have tried this out.
Old 04-04-18, 10:51 PM
manpdhi1
Driver School Candidate

Default Ok.

Originally Posted by 99custom
I would love to hear from some posters that may have tried this out.
what would you like to know?
Old 04-04-18, 10:53 PM
manpdhi1
Driver School Candidate

Default Yes it does.

Originally Posted by JElsom
Does the 9 drive fix the erratic shifting problem also?
Yes this module and other like it, give ECM kick in the butt to make car shift how the driver wants. For example, in mode p2.1+ "No Lazy shifting"
Old 04-05-18, 01:14 PM
bloomwcjkl
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

The versions I see on eBay are not compatible with the 2005 Lexus ES 330 (that I can see). Can someone tell me how to order for my vehicle?

I would like to try this. ES 330 only has 75k miles.

Great thread. Thanks!
Old 04-05-18, 01:38 PM
jimisbell
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 103 Posts

Will this work on the 2004 LS430?
Old 04-05-18, 06:25 PM
manpdhi1
Driver School Candidate

Default Ok.

Please send me email at manpdhi1@yahoo.com and I will reply with how to buy info. They sent small package to me pretty fast. That is the module you see in my post.

Originally Posted by bloomwcjkl
The versions I see on eBay are not compatible with the 2005 Lexus ES 330 (that I can see). Can someone tell me how to order for my vehicle?

I would like to try this. ES 330 only has 75k miles.

Great thread. Thanks!
Old 04-05-18, 06:29 PM
manpdhi1
Driver School Candidate

Default Yes.

Hi Jim,
Yes, same module with same connector for 2002-2006 ES will work on 2004 LS430.

Please send me email at manpdhi1@yahoo.com and I will reply with how to buy info. They sent small package to me pretty fast from Hong Kong. That is the module you see in my post. Like $60 shipped to home.

Originally Posted by jimisbell
Will this work on the 2004 LS430?
Old 04-11-18, 01:13 PM
bloomwcjkl
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Mine has been ordered and shipped. I will post results once I've tried it out. Thanks Manny for your post and assistance.
Old 07-06-18, 12:13 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Very interesting hmmm. Not sure it's worth it for me though.
Old 07-06-18, 02:20 PM
Richardsr
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts

I looove my 2005 ES330 and will definitely keep this discussion saved. Very interesting and thank you, Manpdh1.

Quick Reply: 2002–2006 Lexus ES300 ES330 other models factory transmission/accel "Lag fix"