ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Neighbor hit my 02 ES

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-17, 08:23 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Neighbor hit my 02 ES

Doing yard work today. Backed the ES out into the cul-de-sac so I could spray weed killer in the (gravel) side of my driveway. About 10 minutes later I am diligently spraying with my back turned to the car and I hear the neighbor lady get in her car (we are all close friends here on the circle). Not 10 seconds later, I hear "CRACK" and I swing around and see the ES settling back down after being smacked and her blue expedition pulling back forward. She gets out of her car and its all she can do to not bust into tears. She's a single mom, and shes already had a tough day. I was pissed as hell until I realized it was her. I quickly calmed down. I thought it was some idiot flipping a u-turn in the circle carelessly and too fast as they often do and smacked my car till I looked up and saw it was her. I looked at the car, it's the back bumper, on the side where the scrape marks already were. There is a good size scuff and crease in the bumper cover, paint is wrinkled and so is the plastic. Cover will have to be replaced and painted. No damage to metal or taillamp lenses. She felt awful. I was planning to repaint the cover anyway, but now it looks like State Farm gets to do it for me.

In all honestly she was more upset about it than I was. It's just a car. I am glad she wasn't hurt, even though it was simply parking lot speeds. It sucks, but its no big deal. I see how it could happen, I am never parked there. All I know is, that Crystal White Pearl Tricoat is a ***** to match.
Old 03-11-17, 11:35 AM
DKinATL
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel you here, I had a 98 XLE Camry as my old daily and my mother backed into it a few years back when I was at her mountain home for the weekend with family. My buddy (runs a high-line body shop in the metro ATL area) had to paint nearly the entire car to get the paint to match. Toyota / Lexus vehicles are seen daily with that jacked up bumper because they were painted using factory specs and sent on their way. Sucks it's a single mom as I'm sure it's the last thing you want to do in getting her insurance involved, but that's why we have it. Glad everyone was okay... Also cool that you're plans are coming to light after the tiny incident.
Old 03-11-17, 12:43 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Scuff, a wrinkle and 2 scratches

Bumper doesnt fit right, it was worse but she pushed it back in. That was before i saw the wrinkle.

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 03-11-17 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-13-17, 07:16 PM
speedkar9
Lexus Champion

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

Well you got off lucky.

A woman backed into my 2005 ES 2 years ago in the mall parking lot.

It put a good size dent in the rear quarter panel and bruzed the bumper. The estimate was $2000 for repair.
Old 03-16-17, 01:52 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Came in to $846 here. With a new cover from Sewell Lexus. State farm is taking care of everything, I am dropping the car off on monday.
Old 03-21-17, 05:23 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

I dropped the car off this morning for the repair, and got it back this afternoon (I know, holy crap!) and it looks great, but there's a problem with my leather seat..It was caused by the bedazzled skinny jeans of the kid they have detailing after the work is completed. More on that in a minute.

The repair itself, looks incredible.

Thats as close to factory as you're ever going to get, i think.

as for the problem...well...

the only reason I'm not pissed is because the Service Manager accepted responsibilty for it immediately, and asked me to bring the car back at my convenience for their upholstery shop to fix.

Truly they have been outstanding to work with.