ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

2000 lexus es 300 driver side door panel

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-16, 09:21 AM
yvjoshi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 lexus es 300 driver side door panel

The driver side mirror on my 2000 Lexus ES 300 needed to be replaced. In the process of doing this, I learned quite a few things which I was unable to find online before this, so am posting for others if useful.

1. There is a small speaker at the top front of the door panel. The casing is visible, which can be removed by propping in a flat screw-driver like device from the top and propping the casing out. Once the casing is out, there is a nut that needs to be loosened for the speaker to come out. Getting these things out should be the first step.
2. Near the door latch is a small square area where you can open up the access to the screw by using a flat panel screwdriver. Once the screw is visible, remove it using a Phillips screw driver. Using a flat panel screw driver, pop out the plastic around the latch by gently pressing at the top and then bottom of the latch at the rear front and back, which makes this easy to remove. Not sure if this is quite clear, but there are videos on the web that explain this step.
3. Remove the side panel that has the switches to raise and lower windows. The panel in my car was loose, but there are tabs at the front and back that hold it in place. These can potentially be released by inserting a flat screwdriver like device.
4. There is another screw below where the speaker was at the front top left. Remove the tab that covers this screw, and then remove the screw.
5. Now the door panel has only plastic tabs that hold it in place. Loosen out starting from the bottom, and lift off the door panel. Be careful, as there will be a wire that connects to the light in the panel, release the connector for this wire.

Reverse the above steps to put the panel back on. Putting it back is much easier - if you are finding it difficult, you are probably doing something wrong. Start by hanging the panel off the top with the black felt like material aligned with the glass, and then align the plastic tabs to go into their holes in the door. Proceed to put the screws back in the reverse order in which they were removed.

Hope this helps.