ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Inner door window part missing? found rubber trim piece laying in door, where it go?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-14, 11:47 AM
artandsoul
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inner door window part missing? found rubber trim piece laying in door, where it go?

replacing the broken door handles today and when i opened the driver door cover this rubber piece was sitting in the bottom of the door, i looked around and only thing i can see it fits in is the window track but when put inside track it just bunches up like its not right. ( i circled the spot im talking about in pic)

i went to ebay and looked at door regulators and all the es300 97 door parts and dont see this thing anywhere.
Then I looked at the lexus factory breakdown of all the door parts and dont see it anywhere

wondering what to do since the window works fine but it does leave lines on the outside window like dirty lines all over the window.

added some pics of the unknown rubber trim part and pic of inside door, it was just lying in bottom
Attached Thumbnails Inner door window part missing? found rubber trim piece laying in door, where it go?-trim.jpg   Inner door window part missing? found rubber trim piece laying in door, where it go?-trim-2.jpg   Inner door window part missing? found rubber trim piece laying in door, where it go?-door-trim.jpg  
Old 09-17-14, 11:35 PM
Oro
Racer

Received 339 Likes on 294 Posts

That is part of your window weather stripping. It is called a "glass run" in the parts book.

There is an extra foot of it on each side of the window (front/rear) that sticks down in the door channel. I am assuming your car is older, you live in a place with high heat part of the year, and this has hardened and cracked, broken off.

I replaced mine on a 2002 MY ES300 today so am very familiar. If it is less than a foot broke off, I'd not worry. It extends very far down in the window track, quite excessively I think. On the front the glass won't contact it. Did you find it in the front 1/2 or back portion of your door well?

The part you circled looks like the upright of the window regulator, not part of the window track/glass run. Not from that area.

Edit: ok, I see South carolina now and '97. That part has hardened from age and broken off the lower part of your glass run. If it is less than 10" long, honestly, I'd forget about it if it is from the front; in the back it might affect window alignment as it powers up. Replacing the whole run is not hard; I am going to make an illustrated post on doing that tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: did the post:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...asket-diy.html

Last edited by Oro; 09-18-14 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-19-14, 08:25 AM
artandsoul
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, the part is not broken off or torn or hard, its soft and pliable like its new, its about 15-16" long, i just checked out your other posting .
the piece was just laying in the bottom of the door in the middle.
and this door trim doesnt look like that but i can see where it could go inside the door on either side of the glass but u cannot put it in from the top would have to remove the door panel to put i back in. window works great so mayb just not even worry about it till i have to take the door panel off again lol.

Last edited by artandsoul; 09-19-14 at 08:40 AM.