ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Wiper Motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-13, 01:25 PM
olecarman
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Wiper Motor

OK Guys:
Back in February I posted about my wipers not parking on my 2002 Lexus ES300. The low speed works fine, the high speed works fine, even the rain sensors work. However, when you cut the wiper switch off at the steering wheel, the wipers stop wherever they are at when you cut them off. Not at the same spot, it can be anywhere on the windshield that they stop and will not automatically park at the hood level like I thought they should.
So I bought a Cardone remanufactured wiper motor, as someone suggested that the parking logic was in the motor itself, so I put the new motor on, still does the same thing. Will not park.
Read a technical bulletin about running an extra ground wire to the motor to solve the problem, still will not park.
I guess either the Cardone remanufactured motor is no good, or the parking logic is somehow tied in with the wiper switch at the steering wheel. Any good wiper mechanics out there for another suggestion ?? I guess I could have gotten a Denso wiper motor at twice the cost, but Cardone is suppose to be reputable rebuilder of wiper motors.
Thanks,
olecarman
Old 04-24-13, 04:42 PM
Power6
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I think I was the one that steered you wrong...interesting it still won't park with new motor. I really don't think the logic for the park is in the switch. If you wanted to continue to figure it out yourself you could swap the wiper switch with a good used one it is pretty easy to do. Or get the service manual and start actually diagnosing the problem, or take it too a dealer.

Seems like a long time to go with this problem, for me wipers not parking would be annoying!
Old 04-24-13, 07:06 PM
olecarman
Driver School Candidate

Default Wiper

Power6: Well it is my wife's car so it doesn't annoy me as much and only when we use the wipers. But I still got to figure it out. I really thought the parking logic would be in the motor as well, but there has to be something else I'm missing...
Old 03-15-14, 03:13 PM
danltodd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still no resolution?

Exact same thing is happening on my 2002 es300. Replacement motor didn't resolve the issue and I'm looking for the next thing to try. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Old 03-17-14, 03:16 AM
olecarman
Driver School Candidate

DanlTodd: Still haven't resolved the issue. I replaced the wiper switch and that didn't resolve it either... I did have a Lexus Tech guy suggest using a genuine OEM wiper motor instead of the (3) I tried from Autozone, but I haven't gotten an OEM one yet to try.. Thought about a used OEM motor to see if it would work as a new one is not cheap.. But the tech guy said the OEM motor would resolve the issue that the cheap replacements from Autozone were junk. But I have been replacing struts and inner tie rods, so I haven't gotten to the OEM motor replacement yet.. If you get yours to work, please send me your results and I will do the same when I get to replacing my motor again..