ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-17, 07:45 PM
speedkar9
Lexus Champion

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
I have always loved those Camrys. How do you like it compared to the ES330 and Solara?
I like the looks of the exterior. The interior is very boring, gray and bland, but I'm going to swap with with a black interior from an SE, and put in the electrolumincent gauges from the 05-06 model.

It drives very soft, the steering, suspension and brakes are too soft. I got used to my GS350 which (while soft compared to a German sedan) is tighter feeling overall. The Solara and even my ES330 had better steering feel, if any. The 1MZ engine is very quiet and refined, while the 3MZ in my ES330 is a very rough engine by comparison. The 3.0L engine has decent power, while not fast, its not sluggish like a Mazda 6 of the era was with the same engine/HP.

I still like the Solara better overall though, it had a more direct feeling, while still riding smooth and comfortable.
The following users liked this post:
Kira X (10-07-17)
Old 10-09-17, 10:44 PM
lexuses250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Siiiiiiickkkkkk

Originally Posted by sahibson
Here is how it is now after some cleanup and polish
bro! this car is fire check out my instagram if u want! tire_slayer210. awesome job with that double thumbs up!
Old 10-17-17, 08:23 AM
Vern1956
Driver School Candidate

Default 2005 es-330

2005 ES-330 with 90k miles for my daughter. It's already has the belt and water pump change. Everything works great and it's a nice car.

Anything I should keep an eye open for? I have noticed a bit of a squeak coming for the driver side front..suspension maybe? It's not loud but it is annoying.

It doesn't seem to need shocks
Old 10-20-17, 01:50 AM
Bobtrib
Driver School Candidate

I just recently bought a 2003 lexus es 300 with 126,000 miles. It was very well kept and has all the options that I could ever want. Glad I found and joined this site. The information is just what I needed to fix a few things and also to buy an item I needed. I enjoy reading the info on things I need to know how to operate. Thanks!!!!!
Old 11-11-17, 12:29 AM
jewelleann
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Update on me and my Lexus

Originally Posted by jewelleann
Hi all, I am "new" to the forum. I own a 1996 ES300 Coach edition that I purchased about a year and a half ago. I am the 3rd owner. The poor guy has not fared so well with me--I love him, but his previous owner barely drove him and kept him in a garage, where I drive 50 miles a day and don't have the capability to garage him. The sun is beating the snot out of him but I pay him lots of attention.

No pictures because, well, I don't have any at the moment.

I've lurked on this forum and learned a lot about my car, including some DIY's. Today's visit was inspired by my door handles breaking--first the outsides, and now, as I was trying to open my door to get out and go in to my work, the inside handle gave up the ghost. So I'll be searching how to fix door handles on a door that can't open.

I have the parts for an EGR valve replacement sitting on my counter at home, I took it to the shop for an error message and they blamed it on a sensor, which was not what was wrong as evidenced by the check engine light that came on as I drove home, and the completely frozen EGR rubber parts when I pulled it out to clean it. So Alexi (yeah, I named him) will be getting some more TLC this weekend.

Even with the little issues we're having, I love my ES300!
SO, after doing all my fixing, about to replace my O2 sensors, and I was hit by an idiot turning left ("There were no cars in the intersection, Officer! I swear!") and my car was totaled

I am hoping to find another Lexus in my price range to bring home and name Alexi Jr.

RIP little Alexi
Old 11-11-17, 04:25 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

That happened to me with my 2000 SC300. Just got the car in pristine condition, spent about 3500 on repairs and restoration. Boom, a texting driver totalled by SC. I wanted to kill her, but was restrained.

Hang in there, these cars are worth having.
Old 11-14-17, 02:03 PM
str8edge
Driver School Candidate

I’m new here first time buying car that wasn’t GM I have 2005 ES 330 bought it off one owner about 88,000 miles very great condition in and out pics will be coming soon once it stops raining few mods in the future
Old 11-14-17, 02:56 PM
DanitaES
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums, just introducing myself! I have a white 2000 ES300 named "Danita" with 156k miles on it. It's my 2nd car which I bought off my grandfather (the original owner - used the car to travel back and forth to Ohio for work, and used a Mercedes around town) to replace my Buick that got totaled. I love it except for the gas mileage and the stiff ride (very harsh compared to my old Regal). Other than that, I'm pretty happy I bought it and that it's been somewhat reliable and does good in snow Apparently it's not letting me upload photos since they're too large...
Old 11-14-17, 06:10 PM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by DanitaES
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums, just introducing myself! I have a white 2000 ES300 named "Danita" with 156k miles on it. It's my 2nd car which I bought off my grandfather (the original owner - used the car to travel back and forth to Ohio for work, and used a Mercedes around town) to replace my Buick that got totaled. I love it except for the gas mileage and the stiff ride (very harsh compared to my old Regal). Other than that, I'm pretty happy I bought it and that it's been somewhat reliable and does good in snow Apparently it's not letting me upload photos since they're too large...
The ride should NOT be stiff. Have the shocks and tires check out.

Good luck with the car.
Old 11-16-17, 09:46 AM
Cthao
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys,
Just picked up a 2001 ES300 for 450 with a bad transmission. Will be my daily once I fix it up.
Question, buy used low mile transmission, by refurbish transmission or rebuild my current defective one?

TIA!
Old 11-20-17, 06:13 AM
1960vw
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a quote for all three with installation. Go with the one with the best warranty, in writing.
Old 11-25-17, 07:47 PM
Tdroog
Driver School Candidate

Bought my first Lexus about two months ago, a 2001 ES300 with 162K miles. Have owned Lincoln Continentals for the past dozen years, but it's getting harder and harder to find them, and had a relative who swore by Lexus ride and reliability, so I decided to take a shot. Loving the ride, and loving all the advice and info in this forum. Hope to be a Lexus owner for a long time.
Old 11-28-17, 09:25 PM
dragonfly1
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation Mechanical Issue

I own a 1994 Lexus Es300. She has 108,000 miles on her. We bought it 6 years ago when she only had 67,000. Today I was going down the road accelerating up to 60 mph. Well, I felt a ltitle shake in the engine so I backed off a little. And then I slowly started to accelerate, it started to shake really bad, and then there is a popping noise that started. It felt like something has snapped off in the transmission and it was just throwing it around. Anyway, the car started beating me around so I put it in nutral and hit the brakes. When I pulled off to the side of the road, I did some experiementing. It shifts into park, but still moves. When put into gear (Drive, Reverse, 1, 2) it starts clinking and clanking, and the mph gauge needle starts going everywhere. There is no check engine light or anything. Any sugestions? I'd hate for such a mechanically young car to go to waste.
Old 12-04-17, 03:33 AM
dharmaj
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tdroog
Bought my first Lexus about two months ago, a 2001 ES300 with 162K miles. Have owned Lincoln Continentals for the past dozen years, but it's getting harder and harder to find them, and had a relative who swore by Lexus ride and reliability, so I decided to take a shot. Loving the ride, and loving all the advice and info in this forum. Hope to be a Lexus owner for a long time.
My wife totaled my 2001 ES300. Insurance will pay 3400 . Wonder if I can buy another for that amount. I owned mine from new to 106Kmiles.
Old 12-25-17, 02:34 PM
cartoonice
Driver School Candidate

Default New used Lexus

Hello, I'm a New Club Lexus member. My Dad just gave me his Lexus, he did not want to pay the dealer the big money they quoted for the repairs it needs. It is a 2003 Lexus ES300, black exterior with black leather interior with 127,000 old man driven miles. It has a "premium" factory stereo with 6 CD changer and subwoofer. I have no idea what "package" the car may or may not have. I've taken care of rear passenger side hub and brakes, rear driver side brakes and caliper, third brake light bulb. I still need to address a paint scuff on left front bumper. Also had to remove and re-set the rear window electric motors. They were fine until we had a deep freeze here in Wi, and I tried to open the windows and the motors just pulled the brackets right off the window glass. Don't know if anyone else experienced this.

This Lexus is not a typical car for me, I currently drive a Mini Cooper and off-road Wrangler YJ. I have never owned or desired a luxury car, only been driving off road trucks and sports cars - IH Scouts, Bronco, Jeep CJs, TJs and YJ, RX 7s, Mustang GT, Z28, etc. I absolutely love this Lexus, it moves good, is quiet, easy to drive, nice stereo. My other cars have been sitting on the driveway since I got it.

Your site and members have been extremely helpful in research and repair tips. I have one more issue to address but I will use the forum to do so.

Thanks for your site and assistance.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-lexus-1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!