ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Old 04-19-19, 09:37 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Good buy. Good luck with the car.
Old 04-20-19, 02:42 PM
wibildo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Billy is my name

Hello, my name is Billy, I have a 2002 ES300
Old 05-04-19, 10:57 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 723 Likes on 512 Posts

Hello. Just added a third Lexus to the family fleet. Was able to get a screaming deal on a 2005 ES330 in gold with only 129k on it. One owner, all keys, manuals, and quite a few service records including the 90k service. The outside needs some love as it has some cracked PPF on the hood and mirrors, and quite a few scratches all over. It needs one lug nut, a new hood strut, and one of the power steering fluid hoses coming off the reservoir and going to the rack is pretty cracked and needing replacement. Also need to get the headlights and foglights refinished. Other than that, it is really clean and will be a great car for my son who just started driving.

I'm very active on the LS430 forum and the GX460 forum and look forward to being active here also.

Not bad for $3500 right?
The following 2 users liked this post by Romanova:
ellocovg (03-02-20), Robo1716 (05-04-19)
Old 05-04-19, 11:39 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Very nice car. Good luck!
Old 05-14-19, 07:52 AM
Coldax
Driver School Candidate

Default First Lexus

Hi all first Lexus but many many cars owned. My last 7 cars have been Volvos. I just bought a 2000 ES300 Platinum Edition in Burnished Gold Metallic over Ivory (I think) with 176,000 miles from the original owner. The car has HIDs, VSC and standard struts.
The car was decently maintained (hooray for timing belts!) but I am in the process of doing some basics: cabin filter and air filter (were not changed in a looong time). Fuel filter - on the test drive the car seemed down on power and I figured this was the culprit. Looked original and dirty gas came out during the swap. Power is back! Next up is fresh plugs and PCV valve. I just detailed the interior it needs new mats desperately going to order them today genuine Lexus. Also changed the wiper blades.
Everything works and it drives nice, the Nakamichi system works well no blown speakers. Will need new front struts and LCA soon. I will post pics shortly it has been raining here for days. Great site I have been lurking around.
Old 05-29-19, 01:11 PM
LimpnLexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hello everyone...new guy to the forum. Right now I'll go by LimpnLexus because that's what I got.... It's a 2004 ES330 and looks great from 20 feet away, but she has some issues. Exterior is black with a sand interior. She has 149,580 miles and was badly neglected. I picked her up as a project car and have sorted a couple of things, but it has been a slow process. Hopefully I can provide some findings as I pick along and get some good feedback on some nagging problems.

I'll get some pictures up soon. Looks like I'm also learning how to upload pictures and videos. Thanks!
Old 05-30-19, 09:51 PM
J04lexus
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I've been a time from time researcher aka lurker for a couple of years. This is my first post.

It feels somehow like I've entered an AA meeting and am a bit reluctant to speak up but here I am.
My Lexus is a 2004 Es330 6cyl. It is a version of red called something to do with gemstones that i don't remember. Leather with sunroof. No cameras or gps. My only Lexus. It was lovely when i bought it but it seems the pretty began to wash off in the first car wash. Beginning to have problems larger than I'm comfortable with.

Last edited by J04lexus; 05-30-19 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Very tired
Old 06-09-19, 07:35 AM
aufenscuht
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New to the ES line.

Gentlemen...and maybe some ladies..! My name is Aleks and I am new to the ES line. After regretting my decision to sell my completely sorted out (to the extreme), 04 LS430, I purchased an 05 ES330 for my 40 mile daily commute. The car is extremely clean and had been maintained by Lexus. The car is pearl white with beige interior. The only minus is climate controlled seats-it lacks them. I manage a shop, so the car will receive all new fluids, a new K&N drop in filter, cabin filter, maybe few other things to start. Timing belt was done by Lexus at 72,000-car has 120k right now. She was obviously a garage clean extremely clean for the year. Was owned by a lady since 12k. It will get replacement LED bulbs as well

Last edited by aufenscuht; 06-09-19 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-10-19, 06:29 AM
BulverdeES
Driver School Candidate

I installed all new ignition coils (New OE from Ebay, came in Lexus packaging), ignition coil connectors (Amazon), NGK sparkplugs (Amazon), OE coolant bypass tube (Amazon), and an OE PCV valve hose (Amazon) this weekend on the ES.

I had replaced the PCV valve, valve cover gaskets, intake and plenum gaskets, thermostat and coolant in April.

I took her for a test drive and she runs like a top now at 369,000 miles. I did a compression test on all of the cylinders while I had the spark plugs out, still at 180 psi compression.
Old 06-15-19, 11:55 AM
Casey916
Driver School Candidate

Default 1994 lexus es300 help with air bag light

Yes my name is casey i have a blue lexus es300 1994 i am havjng issues getting the air bag light to turn off i dont own a obd1 diagnostic tool i was wondering if there is anotber way to shut this off because my local lexus dealer wants to chaege me 100 bucks to turn it off.. Please if any one has any helpful information please let me now thank you so much
Old 07-02-19, 12:58 PM
ESDRIPPER1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 es350 Premium

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your new-to-you ES300 and ES330, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

- Model (ES300 or ES330) and package (ex - Coach)
- Color of the exterior and Interior
- Options including Nav, etc.

and a picture!

🏆👀

🆘💙

Old 07-02-19, 10:00 PM
Casey916
Driver School Candidate

Default 1994 lexus es300

1994 lexus es300 has over 200k on it but having issues with getting checks engine light and air bag light off after replacing some fuses and battery but runs great thow trying to sell for 1000
Old 07-12-19, 12:47 AM
Jchapito
Driver School Candidate

Default My lexus

Hello to all. My name is jason and i just recieved a tan on tan 1997 Lexus es 300 as a gift from my uncle. It has 130 Thousand miles on it. Interior is nice but needs a littlw body work. Pics to come!!
Old 07-12-19, 11:18 PM
childers91
Driver School Candidate

Hey there everyone, great to be apart of the community now!

I just bought a 1993 Lexus SC300 for $300. The head was blown, a little interior is missing and the exhaust obviously needs work! haha.

Im just curious as to how you guys would go about building this motor. its the 2JZ-GE correct? the GTE for the supra only stands for turbo, other than that everything else is identical from what I read, but I would love to hear yall's input regarding how to fix this motor back up; I'm more of the 8cyl type but I've LOVED the 2JZ, for the obvious F&F reasons, ever since I was a young boy. the outside is in great condition, hoods got some obvious wear from the sun, gas cover is missing as well. I wasn't given the head, and from what the prev. owner said i wouldn't have wanted it anyway(was that a mistake?)

What would it take to build a decent head to later support a turbo, what turbo should I use( yes yes i know, use the search bar) what problems should I look for fixing this car up, whats in store for me on this build, etc etc... I really want to do this car right, I dont want to rice it out, lowering with some awesome wheels( great user input of which wheels to look at or even sites/links to the wheels would be great), what suspension parts should I upgrade for lowering, which parts, etc etc on this one...

but mainly, where should I start on rebuilding a head, or where should I find one first of all? Like i said, I do want to build it for later turboing when I have the money for it! lol

Thanks again for everyone's input, know-how, guiding and links that yall provide; also, links to quality parts sites for the build would be great too, or where I can save money on parts(should I use used ebay options on his one??)
I hope yall have a great evening and again, glad to be apart of this community and looking forward to the knowledge yall share with me!!

----I'll post pictures of the car tomorrow, we just rolled back into town from picking it up 45 miles away from me and an awesome dinner out, thanks again~!!!!----
Old 07-14-19, 11:48 AM
Macosie
Driver School Candidate

Hi Everyone,
In Nanaimo, BC, Canada
I recently bought a very inexpensive 92 ES300. It was a computer free model... meaning, it had no ECU but needed one.
The Car:
1992 Red w/ grey trim. Automatic. Power everything, incl sunroof. Dent on the passenger side.

Previous owner had been to a local Toyota dealer to get a 'hot start' issue taken care of. They said it was a problem with the ECU needing an update, but they couldn't do it. They recommended sending it to an Ontario company (it's from BC) and the ECU was lost. The owner bought a Mazda and left the Lexus on the driveway for a year before his daughter sold it to me for $400. It has about 215000km /135000mi
The good...
Clean interior and body (except dent)
Recent alternator, rear suspension, and tires.
The bad...
No computer (which I replaced-not to expensive)
CD player doesn't work.
Hot start issue is still there (I'm no mechanic, but I'd bet it's a starter solenoid issue despite having the Toyota paperwork that says it's a computer issue.
The engine has lots of oil leaks, and this is an issue I find mentioned several years back, from after Toyota did the timing belt.
Overall, I'm only in about $750 into the car, and I really like driving it, except the oil leaks.

The question I have, is it worth chasing the oil leaking problems?
Thoughts???

Last edited by Macosie; 07-14-19 at 01:10 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!