ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-17, 05:10 PM
maltyone
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy

Greetings,
When Mom told me last year that she was "driving by feel", I decided to take her car away, before she had those IMPACT feelings!

She is fine, calling taxis in Texas, and I have a really clean '99 ES-300 with 106,000 miles. I've already replaced the struts, as they were noisy and bouncy. Looking forward to putting some miles on it in the mountains of Colorado. We'll get snow tires next fall, as it just had hiway tires that didn't do well on the snow.
Glad to find this forum!
Jeff
AKA Malty Falcon
Old 04-21-17, 06:20 PM
DennisCB
Rookie

HI Malty welcome to Lexus
Old 04-23-17, 10:41 PM
forkickx
Driver School Candidate

Greetings everyone! Proud owner of a 2000 ES300! I'm not sure what package (platnium/ coach, etc). My dad has had his for over ten years and I was in the market for a new daily, so I figured why not. I also own a 2009 Nissan 370Z and am fairly mechanically inclined so I look forward to seeing what I can offer and also to see what this forum has to offer. If anyone is in the Socal/ Riverside area, feel free to hit me up!
Old 04-26-17, 07:38 AM
ScorpiOG
Driver School Candidate

Hi there all!!!! I am the new girl on the block... I have actually had my 1997 ES300 since September of 2016, but I have been depending on my father to keep up with the maintenance and everything. I have since taken over and am completely lost on a few things. I got my beauty from an auction in Chico CA after my last car died an honorable death. She is pearl white and tan paint job, tan leather interior, and 5 sets of Lexus floor board mat things in the trunk. The previous owners really liked them I guess. So far I love her even though she leaks oil a little bit here and there, and a few of her fuses are popped. I recently lost my clock radio and power mirrors along with the cigarette lighter and the dome light. I am trying to locate the fuses in the car but have had no such luck thus far, If anyone can help a sister out that would be great!!!!!!!! Other than a few cracks in the leather on the back seat, she came to me in near perfect condition. I will have to post a few pictures of her after she gets a bath. I took her out to a mud pit last night so now she is covered from sunroof to fender.... I am probably going to have to pay someone to get it really squeaky clean and detailed soon, Because my 5 foot nothing self cannot reach the middle of the roof. I have to change the oil soon because I am about 100 miles away from the 5,000 mile mark. Any suggestions on a great oil filter and what oil I should use would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-29-17, 05:44 PM
StangES330
Driver School Candidate

Hey all...another FNG here, with an ES330 Black Diamond. And this thing is a diamond, too. Love this car. Have a few questions about some stuff, and look forward to finding info and perhaps even sharing some as time goes by. Thanks for having me, folks.
Old 04-29-17, 08:25 PM
Alkatrez
Driver School Candidate

Hello, I'm new here, just picked up a '99 ES300 about a month ago and although the interior was well maintained I can't say the same about the engine, I have the following codes if anyone has dealt with them any help would be wonderful;
P01711. System too lean *fuel trim*2. System too lean *A/T Lean bank1* P03251. Knock Sensor 1 Circuit *bank1 or single sensor* P03301. Knock Sensor 2 circuit P13511. Variable Valve Timing/ CMP Sensor Range / Preformance2. VVT Sensor / Cramshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range / Performance *Bank 2* P13541. VV System *bank2* P01711. System too lean *fuel trim*2. System too lean *A/T Lean bank1* Thanks inadvance!!!
Old 05-01-17, 04:32 PM
JflatChi86
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like a fuse went out. I have a '99 ES300 and also had to locate my fuses. These cars have 4 locations for fuses but only 2 of them contain what you need. If you have a Lexus manual there should be illustrations of the various locations and which fuses they contain.

You can access some of the fuses by pulling out the little coin/storage drawer on the lower left side of the dash board next to where you left knee is located. Open the drawer and pull up and the drawer should come out. You’ll see a bunch of mini fuses.

If your car has the same fuse numbering as mine then I believe one of the fuses you’re looking for is fuse #41. It is 15 amp and blue. Pull it out and if you see it has its wire broken or burned it is no good.

There are more fuses located under the hood along the left side of the front fender. They are in a weird looking plastic box about a foot long. Here's a couple of fuses to check on.

Clock and lighter (under the dash) - I believe the fuse you’re looking for is fuse #41. It is 15 amp and blue. Pull it out and if you see it has its wire broken or burned it is no good. Do the same for the other fuses.

Radio (under the dash) - #40 7.5 amp;
Radio (engine compartment) - #11 20 amp;
Dome Light (engine compartment) - #9 7.5 amp
Not sure about the mirror as it is not in my manuals fuse listing.
Old 05-03-17, 10:21 AM
WiseKoenig
Driver School Candidate

Default Newest Guy

Hi everyone. I just purchased a 2005 ES330 from a private owner, 134K and it appears to be well cared for. I love the car so far! I'm especially impressed with the sound system and was wondering how I can find details on what I've got. I see references to a Mark Levinson system and am wondering if thats what I have. How can I tell? Thanks. Joe
Old 05-05-17, 03:40 AM
AuttiMan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello fellow Lexicons! I'm a new owner of a not-so-new ES300 ('00 model.) I once owned an LS430 and have regretted selling that car since the day I sold it. I'm fixing this car up for my teenager and here to learn all I can about it.
Old 05-17-17, 06:16 PM
DennisCB
Rookie

very good place to learn about your es 300
Old 05-18-17, 05:16 PM
TheScourge
Driver School Candidate

Default My Lexus Workhorse

I have a 1995 ES300 in Dark Emerald Pearl with tan interior.
At 250k she's been around the block a few times.

I bought the car in 2010 with 140k, and she's been pretty good to me. I've had to replace and fix a bunch of things on the old girl over the years, so feel free to ask me anything. I might be able to help!

I just recently did the capacitor fix on the ECU, ( https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...capacitor.html ) and it fixed the problem it was having (randomly going into "limp" mode and ruining my day).
EVERYONE NEEDS TO DO THIS! Whether you fix it yourself or have an electronics place do it, these will fail and its just a matter of time.

Will post pics soon, although she's a bit rough around the edges...
Old 05-25-17, 10:54 PM
Simc
Driver School Candidate

Default Howdy from NYC!

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your new-to-you ES300 and ES330, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

- Model (ES300 or ES330) and package (ex - Coach)
- Color of the exterior and Interior
- Options including Nav, etc.

and a picture!
I'm Sim, I just got a white 2003 ES300 with 101K miles on it. Some minor dents and rust, but the price was right so I hope the repairs won't be too much...
It was sitting for approx 6 months and it has some issues. I will try and scour this tresasure trove of info before posting some questions.

I'll try to post a pic in the AM.

Really cool site
thanks!
Old 05-26-17, 04:03 PM
ralphieboy
Driver School Candidate

Default My first Lexus!!!!

Hello everyone. Ralph here and I just picked up a 96 ES300. Exterior condition is very good. Interior is thrashed but the car runs good. I paid $500.00 for it so Im going to give her some TLC. So I will be popping in from time to time to get advise.

Thanks for being here.......
Ralphieboy
Old 05-26-17, 07:15 PM
InsaneHien
Driver School Candidate

Hello all. I own a 2004 ES 330 with approximately 138k miles as of this post. I bought the car at a used car lot in March 2016 with 120k miles. Coming from my dad's 1999 Honda Accord 4-banger, which I occasionally drive on a weekend if it's not being used by my older bro.

The only thing I've done to the car for the past year of ownership maintenance wise are regular 5000 mile oil changes and checking the fluids. Brakes need to be bled as well as doing a valve cover gasket replacement eventually, but that's about it for now. Early this year, I bought a set of Yokohama YK740 tires, replaced cabin air filter, and a K&N drop-in air filter. So far, the car runs and drives great. I hope to continue maintaining this ES for a long time until it is sold or wrecked.

Future plans
- 2005-2006 ES headlights
- Duraflex front bumper lip under spoiler
- 18 or 19 inch wheels

Here's some pics.

Fun fact: I actually test drove and bought the car with the 20 inch chrome wheels on it. I have since swapped them for the stock 16s off of a 2003 ES 300.
Name:  wICk4Fu.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  111.6 KB
Name:  8ypiLS6.jpg
Size:  92.4 KB
Name:  TuEl6nv.jpg
Size:  80.9 KB
Name:  cLraHhl.jpg
Size:  48.3 KB
Name:  0hxMRHd.jpg
Size:  71.0 KB
Name:  3iwzN9j.jpg
Size:  71.8 KB
Old 06-12-17, 10:21 PM
aroo1986
Driver School Candidate

Hello All,
My names Andrew I just picked up a 1999 es300 with 124,000 miles on it. I have been looking at this site a while before buying the vehicle as a kind of tool to help me know what to look out for on the vehicle. I must say this forum has so much useful info. Looking forward to all the info i can soak up from this site. thanks

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!