ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-14, 10:40 PM
Groovekin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up an 02 ES 300. Not sure of the model variations but I'm thinking it's a base version. 71,000 miles. Looks, runs, drives and even smells like new. It drives like a moto dream. Looking forward to learning much about it here. Get a picture soon.
Old 10-24-14, 10:46 AM
smwaldrip
Driver School Candidate

Default Just joined!

Hi all,

I have a 1999 ES300, kelly green with tan interior. I've been lurking for a while on the site and getting up the nerve to do some of my own repairs and maintenance. Decided to join since I think I'm going to be around a while -- many thanks to you all for the great tips, instructions and photos to go with them. Very helpful, and I hope to "give back" one day.
Old 10-26-14, 06:46 PM
killroy
Driver School Candidate

Hey I am new here just bought my son his first car, He is 16 and we are going to work on it together. He has a 1997 ES00 not to bad first lexus I have worked on looking for some advice
Old 10-26-14, 06:48 PM
killroy
Driver School Candidate

I get an 0446 code for EVAP got any ideas to fix it ?
Old 10-30-14, 10:19 AM
epinkis
Driver School Candidate

Default New to the Forum and in need of URGENT HELP!

My 1999 ES300, close to 150,000 miles, was starting to burp and not idle. I got a diagnostic done at a Toyota dealership and they told me the car needed new plugs, coils and air fuel sensor.

I am pretty handy so I changed out everything but found out as I was changing the rear (against the firewall) plugs, they were sitting in oil. I then replaced the Engine Gasket and Valve Covers.

I then tested the car and it simply is not working right. My friend ran a diagnostic and it said, "P1300-igniter circuit malfunction #1 and P1315-igniter circuit malfunction #4."

I checked the connections and everything was installed correctly.

I need help as I am losing faith and don't want to have a mechanic fix.
Old 11-03-14, 06:10 AM
kransom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by epinkis
My 1999 ES300, close to 150,000 miles, was starting to burp and not idle. I got a diagnostic done at a Toyota dealership and they told me the car needed new plugs, coils and air fuel sensor.

I am pretty handy so I changed out everything but found out as I was changing the rear (against the firewall) plugs, they were sitting in oil. I then replaced the Engine Gasket and Valve Covers.

I then tested the car and it simply is not working right. My friend ran a diagnostic and it said, "P1300-igniter circuit malfunction #1 and P1315-igniter circuit malfunction #4."

I checked the connections and everything was installed correctly.

I need help as I am losing faith and don't want to have a mechanic fix.
This happened to me recently with my 2003 ES300. It was choking, sputter and stalling, not idling. The first garage told my dad I needed a new computer. He took it to another and they told him to clean the mass air flow sensor, three times. And if it didn't work, then I'd need to replace it. It worked. My dad said to get the mass air censor flow cleaner at any auto parts store. Be careful, the part is like a small glass bottle. After you clean it let it drip dry or you can use a blow dryer. He did it four times and the car runs perfect. AND WHEN GASSING UP, ONLY USE SUPER!!! I hope this works!!
Old 11-05-14, 06:16 AM
epinkis
Driver School Candidate

Do you know where this part is located in the engine? I was told that the problem could be the computer, crankshaft and as you stated, the air flow sensor. Any help or guidance would be appreciated!
Old 11-07-14, 07:00 AM
Tigress
Driver School Candidate

Default Newbie

I bought my es300 in may of 2013
.she is a 2001 model I bought with 130k miles. She has 154 k now. She is silver/ gray.
Right now I need some fixes...but am out of money. Looking for advice on those error codes. They are saying it's the traction control and or abs. I did replace the battery and they checked the alternator and it is bad. Is that fairly easy to diy?

QUOTE=Welcome to CL;7868960]Members,

When you get your new-to-you ES300 and ES330, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

- Model (ES300 or ES330) and package (ex - Coach)
- Color of the exterior and Interior
- Options including Nav, etc.

and a picture![/QUOTE]
Old 11-12-14, 07:44 AM
kransom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by epinkis
Do you know where this part is located in the engine? I was told that the problem could be the computer, crankshaft and as you stated, the air flow sensor. Any help or guidance would be appreciated!
I will have my dad take a picture of the part. you can email me if you'd like. spilnerr2000@yahoo.com
not sure if you can upload pics here and wouldn't know how to if you can. lol

did you try google or youtube? they might be able to show you where it's located. Not sure if ours would be in the same place since they are different years, but what do I know.
Old 11-13-14, 06:08 PM
DennisCB
Rookie

went from a Crossfire to a 98 ES300 love this car
Old 11-13-14, 07:34 PM
fast20
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1997 ES300 with 303,000 mile Exhaust Leak

I have developed an exhaust leak on my Lexus and its time to fix it. It started small but to day is sounds like there is no gasket. Thinks in coming from the rear. Is this difficult to fix, common? any suggestions where I might go to get it fixed? I'm in San Antonio, TX

Thanks Frank
Old 11-18-14, 01:29 PM
jo8594
Driver School Candidate

I have a 1998 Lexus ES300. Bought it from a single owner when it had 110K miles on it. Was an older lady so it was well taken care of and was not driven hard at all. Wanted another project care that not many people modify (civics, neon, cavs). Car now has 170K miles and quite a few mods. Have a couple pictures shown. The most recent is before retrofitted angel eyes to the highs/lows and blacked the fog lights.

Old

Recent
Old 11-24-14, 05:18 AM
kransom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jo8594
I have a 1998 Lexus ES300. Bought it from a single owner when it had 110K miles on it. Was an older lady so it was well taken care of and was not driven hard at all. Wanted another project care that not many people modify (civics, neon, cavs). Car now has 170K miles and quite a few mods. Have a couple pictures shown. The most recent is before retrofitted angel eyes to the highs/lows and blacked the fog lights.

Old

Recent
Nice Buick!! Is that for sale? The Lexus looks just like my first one, mine was 1993 ES 300. She's a beauty!
Old 12-02-14, 07:54 AM
jo8594
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kransom
Nice Buick!! Is that for sale? The Lexus looks just like my first one, mine was 1993 ES 300. She's a beauty!
Sorry, the Buick is not for sale. Pretty much a show car for me now. Got it when I was 16 as my first car, was rusted and a lime green/white. It is now fully restored.
Old 12-18-14, 11:12 AM
elevate85
Driver School Candidate

Hello, how is everyone doing today on this fine Thursday afternoon at 2:05 pm on December 18, 2014? My name is Robert Siu and I am an auto technician located in Brooklyn NY and would like to thank ClubLexus and the brothers and sisters who are working diligently to keep these forums professional, courteous and informative. I personally would like to thank everybody for the opportunity to be a part of ClubLexus forums. I don't own a Lexus vehicle right now, but I love Lexus as a brand and my aunt owns a 1996 ES300 in a champagne color (interior and exterior) that I drive and help fix from time to time. Praise God !!! Always and forever!!! and God please bless America!

Your humble servant,

Robert Siu

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!