ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Lexus ES300 Radio LCD Broken

Old 03-09-13, 10:40 AM
asam123
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by canucklehe
tanin electric fixes these displays beautifully for about $70. you send your radio to him, and it comes back with ALL the lights working and a new LCD. he posts on these forums and I think he is a site vendor.
or another options might be this.

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/...uctNum=CWM4319

I saw somewhere this is the LCD display, but not 100% sure.
Old 03-09-13, 01:19 PM
canucklehe
Pole Position

I have to agree with the others, at this point go aftermarket and get 10x the unit for 1/10th the price.

your model must cost more than mine cuz my radio fix was quoted cheaper.
Old 03-09-13, 06:08 PM
asam123
Driver School Candidate

I'm actually planning on going for this one. Contacted the seller. He doesn't have a car to test if the LCD display works. are there any other ways to test it?

Also, is there a way to fit the LCD display from a Lexus ES300 radio with wood in the ES300 black radio?

Last edited by asam123; 03-09-13 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-09-13, 06:54 PM
canucklehe
Pole Position

i went through about 4 climate controls cuz all of them had burnt out lights.

I bought a spare '93 es300 for parts and everytime I went to use something, the same thing was worn on both cars. So I think you'll find most of them are going to have similar issues, if not now, soon.
Old 03-09-13, 07:04 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by MrBooby
Pioneer is the manufacturer of the display. Their part number is CWM4319, which can be purchased here:

There is a link to a radio overhaul guide in my signature, it should contain all the information you may need.
Originally Posted by asam123
yea called them. $600.

I took the unit apart. If I can just get that LCD radio display replaced, everything should be good. I just don't know where to buy one.
or another options might be this.

I saw somewhere this is the LCD display, but not 100% sure.
Uhhhhhhh, did you miss my post?

You can also try a 3rd Party like the Vendor mentioned here, or this company. I found them when looking for AUX modifications, but they do repairs as well.
Not sure about the pricing, but you can shoot them a message here.
http://factoryradioservice.com/contact_us.html

Last edited by Hayk; 03-09-13 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-09-13, 09:11 PM
asam123
Driver School Candidate

You can also try a 3rd Party like the Vendor mentioned here, or this company. I found them when looking for AUX modifications, but they do repairs as well.
Whoops haha.

Let me take a look. Thanks

Do they actually sell units? I want to buy a unit with AUX in that case

Last edited by asam123; 03-09-13 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-09-13, 11:30 PM
StuckInVA
Driver

Pioneer is the manufacturer of the display. Their part number is CWM4319, which can be purchased here:

There is a link to a radio overhaul guide in my signature, it should contain all the information you may need.
I don't suppose anyone has the part number to fit the climate controls for the 2ES? Mine is half black
Old 03-12-13, 03:29 PM
asam123
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by StuckInVA
I don't suppose anyone has the part number to fit the climate controls for the 2ES? Mine is half black
I actually saw some on Ebay.
Which year are you looking for?
Old 03-12-13, 03:34 PM
asam123
Driver School Candidate

I'm having trouble finding a replacement unit.

I lost a bid.
I saw one for $79 free shipping on ebay. before I bought it, the listing was sold.

I initally got a 2000-2001 es300 model radio for $50, but since that doesn't fit I am returning to the
seller. I just don't know if the seller will replace the 2000-2001 es radio for same prices since the seller is charging $225 for a 98-99 es300 radio.

That 3rd party vendor never replied to me.

What else can I do
I need a LCD asap, since I already took the car radio unit apart.

Edit: I guess I'll just go for the pioneer one, unless I can find something cheaper

Last edited by asam123; 03-12-13 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-13-13, 06:16 AM
StuckInVA
Driver

I actually saw some on Ebay.
Which year are you looking for?
Mine is a '93. My radio is broken as well, but since I'm going to replace that kinda soon, I'm not really worried about it. Unfortunately I can't really buy an aftermarket climate control, it's just the lcd that is broken and I don't really want to pay a heap of money for a used unit that I'm not even sure works. It would be cool if the part was out there floating around for pretty cheap.
Old 03-13-13, 07:38 AM
pdr
Driver School Candidate

by broken do you mean not lit up?
Old 03-13-13, 08:38 PM
StuckInVA
Driver

Originally Posted by pdr
by broken do you mean not lit up?
If this was directed at me what I meant was that it's fried. either the at the amp or the HU. It doesn't light up, doesn't play, doesn't do anything..
Old 03-13-13, 09:31 PM
canucklehe
Pole Position

stuckinva, climate control refurb with new LCD & all lights fixed, is $70 through tanin, for your 93.
AND... you can upgrade to 94 or newer climate control through ebay for $20, and get the outside temp feature (it works, i did it to both my 93s).

I got a radio for $50 through ebay. our local wrecker sells them for $30. you can get lights overhauled by tanin on the radio aswell. also try the classifieds here for a radio.

OR....for $80 go buy a beautiful new Sony head unit with Aux input for your ipod, 1 year warranty..etc... I know, i still have stock unit...but I'm tempted to listen to my inner voice if i have another issue. only thing preventing me so far is my bullheaded stubborness of having everything work original.
Old 03-14-13, 01:09 PM
StuckInVA
Driver

Originally Posted by canucklehe
stuckinva, climate control refurb with new LCD & all lights fixed, is $70 through tanin, for your 93.
AND... you can upgrade to 94 or newer climate control through ebay for $20, and get the outside temp feature (it works, i did it to both my 93s).

I got a radio for $50 through ebay. our local wrecker sells them for $30. you can get lights overhauled by tanin on the radio aswell. also try the classifieds here for a radio.

OR....for $80 go buy a beautiful new Sony head unit with Aux input for your ipod, 1 year warranty..etc... I know, i still have stock unit...but I'm tempted to listen to my inner voice if i have another issue. only thing preventing me so far is my bullheaded stubborness of having everything work original.
Thanks I'll check that out. How exactly do you do the upgrade? are they the same size and use the same electrical connectors? As for the radio, I know where I could get another for cheap, I'd just rather swing straight to aftermarket as I have plans for a 2 amp setup so I can put a pair of subs in the back (nothing terribly big)
Old 03-14-13, 02:13 PM
canucklehe
Pole Position

yes, the 94-96 CCs fit right in, same connection, but they have an extra button for "outside temp". removal of the unit is a PITA to pry off the upper vent cover to gain access to the bolts holding the CC & radio in place. There are how-to threads with pics on this site for the removal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus ES300 Radio LCD Broken