ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

03 ES300, both rear windows wont move

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-12, 07:34 AM
Smity
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 ES300, both rear windows wont move

This is a 2003 ES300, Both rear windows stopped working, child locks or off. It clicks but wont move. I would'nt think reg. or motor sense they stopped at the same time, but I'm sure someone has run into this before.
Thanks already and my GSD will thank you to, sense she can't get her snout out for air.
Old 11-23-12, 10:47 AM
mitmaks
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Front ones work but back ones won't?
Old 11-23-12, 12:50 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

This should help:

Originally Posted by JSM1284
Hold the button in the down position and slam the door a couple times. This is a common issue, mine did it once and slamming the door while holding the button worked, hasn't messed up since. There is also a TSB for the issue....

ELECTRICAL
EL010-06

Title:
REAR POWER WINDOW INOPERATIVE
IN CLOSED POSITION

Models:
'02 - '03 ES 300 & '04 -'06 ES 330

September 13, 2006

Introduction

Some ES 300 and ES 330 vehicles may experience a condition where one or both of the rear power windows are inoperative/stuck in the closed position. Follow the repair procedure in this bulletin to install a cushion kit on both rear power windows.

NOTE :

^ When you receive the customer's vehicle, if the power window motor does NOT operate, inspect the system by starting with the Inspection Procedure in this TSIB.

^ If the power window motor operation is normal when you receive the customer's vehicle but the customer's complaint is the power window motor does NOT operate at times, start with the Repair Procedure in this TSIB.

Applicable Vehicles

^ 2002 - 2003 model year ES 300 vehicles.

2004 - 2006 model year ES 330 vehicles.

Warranty Information

Applicable Warranty*:
This repair is covered under the Lexus Comprehensive Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 48 months or 50,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle's in-service date.

* Warranty application is limited to correction of a problem based upon a customer's specific complaint.

Inspection Procedure

With the engine running, apply a shock to the door (by opening and closing door) while pressing the power window switch in the down direction and check the power window operation.

1. Turn the ignition ON and start the engine.

2. Open the door, and then close it 4 times while pressing the power window switch in the down direction.

NOTE :

^ If the above check has been conducted 5 times continuously, let the motor cool for about 20 minutes.

^ Do NOT keep pressing the power window switch for more than 5 seconds. If the power window switch is held in the ON condition for more than 5 seconds, the power window motor will stop due to overheat protection system operation.

^ If the overheat protection system is activated, let the motor cool for about 30 minutes.

Does the power window motor operation return to normal

3. Loosen the regulator mounting bolts slightly, and then press the power window switch in the down direction.

Does the power window motor operation return to normal?

Repair Procedure

1. Attach the cushion to the door glass run on the rear door upper frame.

A. Remove the rubber door glass run from the door frame.

B. Use adhesive remover to remove any grease from the areas of the door glass run that the cushion will be attached to.

C. Attach the cushions to the door glass run as shown below.

^ Cut strip "a" in three (3) 5 mm (0.2 in.) lengths and attach to the door glass run in the locations shown below.

^ Using two (2) strips of cushion, attach strip "b" along the entire length of the door glass run in the location shown below, and trim off extra strip material.

2. Install the door glass run onto the door frame.

NOTE :Make sure that the door glass run is securely fitted to the door frame and is NOT deformed.

3. Check the power window operation.

NOTE :The power window motor MUST be initialized when the power window regulator mounting bolts are loosened or the power window regulator or the power window motor is removed.

A. Open and close the power window to check that it operates smoothly.

B. Check that the AUTO UP" function operates normally.

C. Check that the jam protection function operates normally.
Old 11-24-12, 09:39 AM
ES300_NJ
Rookie

Hey guys.
I had a similar problem with my 02 es300
It was the rear left window stuck. I could hear the clicking but nothing. So after reading this post I decided to give it a try.
Ignition on > open the rear door > hold the window button down > slam the door shut > woo hoo. It worked.
Thanks hyper..!
Now if I can ask you to look up how to remove the rear deck mark levinson sub for me that would really make my weekend. My email is sdry34a@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-24-12, 09:42 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by ES300_NJ
Hey guys.
I had a similar problem with my 02 es300
It was the rear left window stuck. I could hear the clicking but nothing. So after reading this post I decided to give it a try.
Ignition on > open the rear door > hold the window button down > slam the door shut > woo hoo. It worked.
Thanks hyper..!
Now if I can ask you to look up how to remove the rear deck mark levinson sub for me that would really make my weekend. My email is sdry34a@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.
You're welcome!

And, this should help with removing the subwoofer: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...b-removal.html

Remember, this entire website is indexed. All you have to do is type a few keywords into the search box and you will likely find what you are looking for.
Old 11-24-12, 11:47 AM
Timothyj
Pole Position

That just sound a little crazy but if it works, great. I copied that so if my 04 ES does that I'll be o.k. Thanks

Tim
Old 11-26-12, 09:16 AM
Smity
Driver School Candidate

Default Rear windows

I want to thank you all again, new you would come through. A couple of door slams and they work again. My wife thinks I'm a master mechanic, but I'm only a master reader.
Thanks
Old 03-12-18, 07:32 AM
TJEDunn
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both rear windows of my 2003 ES300 have not worked for at least a year. Finally decided to tackle it and ran across this thread. Two door slams later and they are back in service. Odd, but works!
Old 11-20-21, 10:44 AM
hap7
Driver School Candidate

New member, here with 2003 ES300. And rear window troubles. I know this is an old thread but hope for your additional insight. Rear Right is stuck closed. (It did open then close a few days ago. Rear Left is eratic - currently stuck up, has been stuck down, too. Door slams have not worked. As others have noted, I hear clicks in both rear doors when pressing the driver door's master switches.
Is worth door slamming for a few more days?
Also where do you get the TSB details, e.g. the "padding" I think it was, and where to place them.

FYI, I alaready replaced the Front Left regulator and motor, before finding this post. So at least they are working well (day 2).
Thanks, hap7
Old 07-24-22, 06:14 PM
TJEDunn
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is there a point I just need to replace a part?

I’ve done the door slam method many times and it’s not working any more. Is it time to replace something? If so, what part am I looking for? 03 ES300. Both rear window AND passenger window stuck Thanks!
Old 10-19-22, 03:09 PM
djpmz
1st Gear

Cool Rear Window fix....

I just purchased a 2004 ES330 in very nice condition however the rear windows weren't working. After searching and trying all the fixes, checking fuses, switches, door slam method, nothing was working. I live on Maui and the sun takes it toll on cars here so I thought maybe the rubber seal around the windows had stuck to the windows.... I ran a plastic trim tool around both the inside and outside of the window where the rubber contacts the glass, the drivers side started to work soon after. The passenger side took a little longer to break it free but it now works fine. I must note this car has after market window tint which I think may have added to the cause for sticking - I plan to remove the tint and replace it leaving more of a gap at the top to maybe help prevent this from happening in the future. I am also taking Scotty Kilmer's advise and lubricating the rubber window trim with silicone spray. Thanks to the internet, this forum and YouTuber's like Scotty I'm sure I saved some $$ Mahalo