ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

My Coach Edition ES

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-12, 10:39 PM
seyelabrev
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The similarities... It almost looks like my car. Minus the wood grain steering wheels & Coach Edition. Garage door lip is looking good too!
Old 10-25-12, 08:06 AM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AlphaOnion
This ES looks like it's in fairly decent condition, and of course it has the rare and much-envied black chrome badges. I love what you're doing with it too; looks like you're going for a clean JDM VIP style? Here are my suggestions:

If you really want to go VIP, do it right and make it look like any of the cars you see in Hellaflush, and keep it clean-looking. In order to get the perfect stance you would need to get adjustable coilovers, but that's not absolutely necessary. Make sure the offsets of the wheels make the tires sit flush with the fenders (get spacers if you need them). In order to do that you would have to pull your fenders and roll/shave them. If you want some inspiration, DixonPai is the first member that comes to mind who has a VIP style 3rd gen ES300.

Also,
- Get some rubbing compound and buff that paint out. Buff out the headlights too.
- Remove the "Lexus" badge from the trunk for a cleaner and more symmetrical look.
- Replace all of these lights with high quality LED bulbs: front and rear turn signals (you need to get a flasher module for this), reverse lights, license plate lights, overhead dome lights, courtesy lights.
- Do a projector retrofit on the headlights.

And if you're interested in performance, here is a list of good parts that will fit your car:
- short ram intake (Weapon-R makes a good one)
- OBX headers (this is the only set of aftermarket headers that exists for this car)
- underdrive/lightweight pulley (NST makes one)
- front and rear sway bars (Whiteline makes the best)
- adjustable coilovers, or if you keep the springs then get some performance shocks
- supercharger (TRD makes the only one, and it's kinda rare)

These are just suggestions though, you can do what suits you.
Ok i know that the black on black is rare and mine is also a coach edition which is rare but whats so special about the black chrome emblems?? I also understand the coilovers for better stance because of the pillow tops and all the stuff to get the vip look and i love that look and ive already started the led mods to it the license plate lights, dome lights and door lights are all SMD which are brighter then leds and last longer. Now ive been wanting to get switch back turn signals for the front and some led lights for the rear. Do you have part numbers and which ones fit where and do you know where i can get the led relay to handle the leds?? Now for performance i gave up on that there isn't realy anything i can do to her to make her faster plus the only thing i like is lower and stance.. Oh and another thing i thought the headers and the trd supercharger and the pulley where only for the first gen sense mine has a different motor.?? but correct me if im wrong?? The projector retro kit? do you know of any good ones??

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
Everything looks great except the stickers and sideways front plate in the window. Those make it look a lil young. I'd pull those and then all u need r a set of nice rims from ur buddy. That car is too clean for that other stuff.
Lol ya all the stickers are gone now those where old pics. the only stickers i have are the inspection registration and my military base pass on the windshield.

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
Nice work DplanDman8 I'm so glad you posted pics of those Diamond Racing wheels. They look dope on the car black/black theme

The volks are dope too. Well done, i like what you did.

LMAO
Ya we just mess around alot to see what fits and what doesnt. The steelies stuck out almost 2in from the wheel well and it looked good if i could camber it more stretch a little tire and strech a little fender i could maybe fit them but i liked the volks way better and i was going to buy them from him for 1k but he turned around when i left and sold them for 1,400 lol

Any other suggestions on what i could do to her??
In fact like most of yall id love to figure out how to get some window visors and a front lip other then the universal one on mine.

Thanks for all yalls input and comments much appreciated..

Last edited by DplanDman8; 10-25-12 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-25-12, 08:47 AM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by seyelabrev
The similarities... It almost looks like my car. Minus the wood grain steering wheels & Coach Edition. Garage door lip is looking good too!
So they do have black on black thats not coach edition?? And i thought all had wood grain steering wheels? Mine is nice minus the few crack on the clear coat on the steering wheel. and lol ya no one has noticed or said anything about the garage door lip haha it ended up being to short so i just left a inch of space on both sides.. but on the passenger side is partly chewed off because of my wife's dog getting board and hungry.. lol
Old 10-25-12, 09:17 AM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Default Coach???

So the only reason that this is a coach edition is because of these three things??
1) Coach Edition Badge on the outside of the car
2) Coach Edition Embroidered on the floor mats
3) Coach Edition Stamped on the side of the arm rest?
Attached Thumbnails My Coach Edition ES-coach1.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-coach2.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-coach3.jpg  
Old 10-25-12, 01:02 PM
AlphaOnion
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DplanDman8
Ok i know that the black on black is rare and mine is also a coach edition which is rare but whats so special about the black chrome emblems?? I also understand the coilovers for better stance because of the pillow tops and all the stuff to get the vip look and i love that look and ive already started the led mods to it the license plate lights, dome lights and door lights are all SMD which are brighter then leds and last longer. Now ive been wanting to get switch back turn signals for the front and some led lights for the rear. Do you have part numbers and which ones fit where and do you know where i can get the led relay to handle the leds?? Now for performance i gave up on that there isn't realy anything i can do to her to make her faster plus the only thing i like is lower and stance.. Oh and another thing i thought the headers and the trd supercharger and the pulley where only for the first gen sense mine has a different motor.?? but correct me if im wrong?? The projector retro kit? do you know of any good ones??

Any other suggestions on what i could do to her??
In fact like most of yall id love to figure out how to get some window visors and a front lip other then the universal one on mine.
Here is the flasher module that fits your car. It says it's typically for German cars but trust me, this is the right one.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...c-flasher/782/

This is the list of bulb sizes for every bulb in the car.

http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applic...el=717&make=54

All of the performance parts I mentioned are compatible with the Toyota 1MZ-FE engine. All ES300's from 1994-2003 had this engine, so these parts fit your car.

As for the projector retrofit, I have never looked into it since my car has factory projectors. But if you look around on the forums I'm sure you can find it.
Old 10-25-12, 03:32 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

Do you know who makes those black steelie wheels?
Old 10-25-12, 04:18 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

The leather is also different on the coach editions. Very nice you don't see many clean es300 anymore. Personally I'm not into the lowering of cars, but thats just me.
Old 10-25-12, 05:06 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AlphaOnion
Here is the flasher module that fits your car. It says it's typically for German cars but trust me, this is the right one.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...c-flasher/782/

This is the list of bulb sizes for every bulb in the car.

http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applic...el=717&make=54

All of the performance parts I mentioned are compatible with the Toyota 1MZ-FE engine. All ES300's from 1994-2003 had this engine, so these parts fit your car.

As for the projector retrofit, I have never looked into it since my car has factory projectors. But if you look around on the forums I'm sure you can find it.
Thanks for all the help bud i appreciate it a lot

Originally Posted by MrBooby
Do you know who makes those black steelie wheels?
Yes they come off of some jeeps stock or there are a few companies that make them
1)crager wheels
2)diomand racing
3)pro comp.
Those are three off the top of my head that sell them.

Originally Posted by gray_es300
The leather is also different on the coach editions. Very nice you don't see many clean es300 anymore. Personally I'm not into the lowering of cars, but thats just me.
How is the leather different? and i love lowering cars but then again its a different taste for everybody. lol And thanks ppl around here dont mess with es300 and all my friends think my car is ugly and not clean at all.
Old 10-25-12, 10:05 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

any plans for real performance mods?
Old 10-26-12, 07:37 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

So the only reason that this is a coach edition is because of these three things??
The chrome inner door handles, as well as PERFORATED leather seats...

I'm jealous, i want those two above but it's hard to source them, without having to buy a salvage Coach edition - which is hard to come by at auctions...
Old 10-26-12, 07:38 AM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EEngineer
any plans for real performance mods?
I would love to have something like you but i dont have the time nor the money to do something like that right now id like to turbo low boost just for giggles to see the look on peoples faces when a big lexus boat pulls up full of ppl and you just hear the turbo whining but those are just dreams.
Old 10-28-12, 12:35 AM
Power6
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

So they do have black on black thats not coach edition?? And i thought all had wood grain steering wheels?
Yes you could get a black ES300 with the black interior that is not a Coach edition. The woodgrain steering wheel was an option, a fairly common one. It may have been standard on the Coach, most of the special models tend to be optioned up more than the base models.

4.)Chrome interior door handles
5.)Perforated "(supposedly Coach?) leather seats
6.)Wood trim is birds eye maple(base model is California walnut)
7.)Black chrome emblems (base model is standard chrome)
8.)Different design alloy wheel than base (machined finish or "hypersilver")
9.)"Oyster Pearl" exclusive paint color(Black and White are same colors as base).
^^fixed I think that covers it all for 2001 Coach.

I'm jealous, i want those two above but it's hard to source them, without having to buy a salvage Coach edition - which is hard to come by at auctions...
The door handles aren't too hard to come by...but the seats, you really want those? The perforated leather seats always seem to age worse than the standard ones from what I have seen. Oddly enough the lighter color of leather seem to age better than black too, as long as they had been kept clean enough not to stain.
Old 10-29-12, 02:55 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

lol they're not that special.. how much would you pay for a black on black coach edition??

Originally Posted by Power6
Yes you could get a black ES300 with the black interior that is not a Coach edition. The woodgrain steering wheel was an option, a fairly common one. It may have been standard on the Coach, most of the special models tend to be optioned up more than the base models.

^^fixed I think that covers it all for 2001 Coach.

Thanks

The door handles aren't too hard to come by...but the seats, you really want those? The perforated leather seats always seem to age worse than the standard ones from what I have seen. Oddly enough the lighter color of leather seem to age better than black too, as long as they had been kept clean enough not to stain.
My seats are in great condition for how many miles it has.
Old 11-01-12, 11:47 AM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Default Volts???

So i wanted to install a volt meter so i could see the volts that my system was pulling. Its small and may seem dumb to some but i like it. Ok i ran a power wire to the battery for the volts then one wire to the remote wire of the radio to turn it on then grounded it to the chassis. Now i dont smoke so i dont you the ash tray. so i took the center bezel off and to the ash tray out and took the face plate of it off and ran the wires behind it. so if you dont want to see the volts just push the ash tray away. tell me what you think.. Oh and sorry for the blurry pics.
Attached Thumbnails My Coach Edition ES-img_20121025_205455.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-img_20121025_193005.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-img_20121025_193051.jpg   My Coach Edition ES-img_20121025_205522.jpg  
Old 11-04-12, 11:03 PM
gabzor
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like a pretty clean car man.. you got some nice wheels btw.. hell i hate slammed cars but steelies and the volks look good!

sound clip please!

also how are those harbor freight jacks?

and your stationed at fort worth? ouch! dat weather :P

Quick Reply: My Coach Edition ES