Shifting ES300 Problems - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Shifting ES300 Problems

Old 09-26-12, 07:41 AM
zkesterson
Driver School Candidate

Default Shifting ES300 Problems

Hello,
I have a 2000 ES300 Platinum Edition. It is in incredible shape. It runs great. But, my CEL/TracOff lights are on a lot. The code was P0171. I have had them thoroughly checked and no one can find anything wrong. The car runs great but every once in a while when I am on the interstate the RPMs are high and it doesn't shift. It is usually when I first drive the car in the morning. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance
Old 09-26-12, 08:36 AM
hzt30
Driver

Have you checked your transmission fluid or serviced the transmission? Do you mean it doesn't shift into overdrive? The transmission does not shift into overdrive when engine is cold.The O/D is temperature sensitive and will not engage until the computer sees the proper coolant temp input. This could be caused by a bad coolant temperature sensor.

P0171 is a lean condition on bank 1 which could be a vacuum leak or bad O2 sensor.
Old 09-26-12, 11:13 AM
zkesterson
Driver School Candidate

Thank you very much hzt30!! I may just take it to the dealer and have them check it out. I think it will be worth the $50 in the long run
Old 09-26-12, 03:26 PM
RXGS
Lexus Fanatic

It sounds like a knock sensor to me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shifting ES300 Problems

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: