ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Sound when locking doors with remote

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-12, 09:21 PM
kpierce
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound when locking doors with remote

Hello,
I have an 2000 ES300, and a few things are starting to 'go out'. One of them is the beep noise when I lock my doors seems to becoming softer and softer. While the lock still works, I would like to keep thr beep noise as well. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Secondly, the middle console cup holder is jamming. If I slam the console cover hard enough thr cup holder will pop out. I have seen several post about different models, but nothing on how to fix a 2000 ES300, and hints?

Finally the control for my side mirrors has stopped working. I have checked the fuses, is there anything else other than replacing the switch?

Thanks for all the help.

Kip
Old 09-06-12, 09:58 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by kpierce
Hello,
I have an 2000 ES300, and a few things are starting to 'go out'. One of them is the beep noise when I lock my doors seems to becoming softer and softer. While the lock still works, I would like to keep thr beep noise as well. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Secondly, the middle console cup holder is jamming. If I slam the console cover hard enough thr cup holder will pop out. I have seen several post about different models, but nothing on how to fix a 2000 ES300, and hints?

Finally the control for my side mirrors has stopped working. I have checked the fuses, is there anything else other than replacing the switch?

Thanks for all the help.

Kip

1. There is a volume **** underneath the dash (by your knees). It controls the beep sound.

2. The cupholders are known to break easily, I don't even use mine. Check to see if something is worn out or if there is an obstruction of some sort.

3. If the fuses are good, you have to remove the switch and check to see if it's getting power, with a multimeter.
Old 09-07-12, 07:28 PM
black01es
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Try this

Originally Posted by kpierce
Hello,

Thanks for all the help.

Kip
There is a volume **** straight behind steering wheel to adjust sound of beeper.
As far as the cup holder,it probley shouldnt be that to complex, but i guess it is, cause mine does it too.
Sorry bout your mirrors, no clue?