ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

ES330 Aftermarket Interior LED

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-12, 03:29 PM
Charlesc87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ES330 Aftermarket Interior LED

Hey guys, I'm planning on replacing the overhead (front and back map lights) as well as the courtesy lights on each door and foot well with LEDs from V-leds. Does anyone have any experience with them or would like to recommend a better LED site? According to the V-led site, leds are rated regarding brightness, though a little on the expensive side. In many of the sizes I will need, the "brightest" option is not available. Many of their products have ~20 reviews, so I am relatively confident with their products at this point over the traditional eBay route. As far as finding the correct sizes, I used the sylvania information available through vehicle lookup on their site. I think I would prefer the brightest available for the foot wells. Any tips or advice for this relatively simple install? I will probably unplug the battery and replace them all at once, because they are "dual/reversible" polarity I am not expecting many blown fuses... Of course I will include pictures of the install when I do it! The year of my ES330 is 2006. Thanks!
Old 12-08-12, 07:31 AM
JoshTittle
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know if they make an LED option for the front map lights in the ES330? I have an 05. Thanks!
Old 12-08-12, 10:36 AM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

What LED part number or bulb style is it?

I have a few different LED's. 2 for $4.99 shipped.
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 12-08-12, 12:41 PM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is the foot well bulb size and what do you get for the LEDs? I have replaced all vanity mirror lights and overhead and dome light with PUTCO brand LEDs. They are extremely bright and I wish I had gotten them a bit dimmer but they definitely do look better than the original lights. I bought some LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs and I can't say whether or not they are too great of a site, but they are extremely fast and good on customer service. However, I've only bought two LEDs from them, your site sounds more reliable as it has a lot more reviews.
Old 12-08-12, 08:01 PM
speedkar9
Lexus Champion

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshTittle
Does anyone know if they make an LED option for the front map lights in the ES330? I have an 05. Thanks!
I replaced these on my 05 ES330 with these BA9S LED bulbs. They aren't as bright as stock though.

The stock foot-well lighting is very dim. I'd forgo replacing the bulb (since it only comes on at night and when the car is in park, not when the doors open), and add some LED/ CCFL strips.

Here's how I installed them:

Here's how they came out:
Old 12-08-12, 09:55 PM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

That looks awesome. My 03 ES foot well lights however seem to come on literally anytime the doors are open; regardless of night or day. Thats really the only reason I considered replacing the bulb with an LED. But I will definitely consider your way as well as it seems to wire in pretty easily.
Old 12-11-12, 07:12 AM
ekaiman341
Driver School Candidate

I reccomend going to eBay and looking for them- I got my LED license plate bulbs and interior package/puddle lights for my 06 330 for only 8 bucks! Totally worth it. Just type in your vehicle and they will get bulbs for you, just choose which ones are cheapest. Hope this helps!
Old 12-11-12, 12:02 PM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

Thanks for the suggestion ekaiman341, just picked myself up 4 step courtesy LEDs for 13$ I don't know why ebay skipped my mind int he first place
Old 12-12-12, 12:59 PM
JoshTittle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by taninauto
what led part number or bulb style is it?

I have a few different led's. 2 for $4.99 shipped.
i believe it is a "g" style bulb. It looks like an old school bulb where you press it in then turn. Thanks!
Old 12-12-12, 04:54 PM
JoshTittle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by speedkar9
I replaced these on my 05 ES330 with these BA9S LED bulbs. They aren't as bright as stock though.

The stock foot-well lighting is very dim. I'd forgo replacing the bulb (since it only comes on at night and when the car is in park, not when the doors open), and add some LED/ CCFL strips.

Here's how I installed them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWM8F6q-a5o

Here's how they came out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm5CSI-FOeU
Looks good, but I really dont want to go to that extent with wiring up new lights and such. Thanks for the video though. My only complaint with the car is the fact that the front map lights don't have an option to come on when the door opens. Kind of frusterating but oh well. Have you thought about doing LED tail lights? I was thinking about it, but I just hate to drop $200 on lights.
Old 12-13-12, 02:55 PM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I recommend buying lights from V-LED's.

Check out my YouTube Channel, I have several videos up with my LED's.
Old 01-12-13, 09:17 AM
gucciman1
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Led white license plate lights.

All of the newer lexus come with white led license plate lights as standard. So I have switch mine switch over the 194 leds and I bought them from ebay for $1.99 with FREE shipping and they work great! I used them in my other cars as well. Go to ebay and search white 194 led and click the maximun of $2.00 and click free shipping. Also click US only. Okay now heres the harder part. Once you get them you have to change them. Most cars it have changed to leds are easy. All they have is a screw on the license plate lense or a clip to pop out. Well on the lexus es you have to pop open the back trunk cover! Yeah I know. At first I was nervous and I couldn't get the screws out. Then I pulled it harder and it poped out. Also pull the white clip holder thing out on the inside. I changed it with the trunk cover handle on and it was hard. Its good to have smaller hands to be honest. at first its confusing. Also search 2007 camry license plate leds on youtube because that help me so much and it was kinda the same. Also the rleft one is harder to reacher because the trunk handle. You can't remove it if the want and it on the video on youtube. I will post pictures. I did it all for two bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-13, 02:33 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i got mine from amazon and the license plates for like $3. and the rest interior LEDs for under $5. All you have to do is shop around for good quality and price.
Old 03-20-13, 10:24 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

How about the park lights, how do you replace the front park lights with LED, I can not seem to untwist the bulb holder.
Old 03-20-13, 10:29 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

^ Just as described its in a weird angle/tight spot;
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...bs-to-led.html

Quick Reply: ES330 Aftermarket Interior LED