ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

New guy from WISCONSIN!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-11, 07:24 PM
PMacvilay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I get these two HUGE boxes and a small envelope in the mail and obviously already know what it was. Excited I quickly open the packages only to be completely disappointed...

Here's what I was supposed to get from lexmaniac2...

(NOTICE A PASSENGER AND DRIVER's SIDE)

2 LEXUS ES330 HID XENON HEADLIGHT OEM 2005 2006 DRIVER PASSENGER PROJECTOR LENS

(no I did not pay that price, they didn't come with ballasts or bulbs.)

2670 feedback, 99.9% feedback rating... c'mon! TWO DRIVER's SIDE HEADLIGHTS when I ordered a SET of PASSENGER and DRIVER's SIDE?! This is a simple mistake that should ALWAYS be double checked for accuracy when shipping out headlights that apparently costs the company $70 to ship them!!!
Now I must call them, repack one of them, WAIT even longer for the PASSENGER side then FINALLY be able to install them. Hopefully they come before it gets too cold out to work on my car and I hope they don't try to pull some BS and say that it says 2 LEXUS as in "2 DRIVER'S SIDE."

All in all, not a happy camper.
Thanks for reading,
P
Old 12-04-11, 08:19 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

^^ No biggie, message/call him. Say whats up. If he doesn't want bad feedback he'll have to refund you actual shipping cost for YOU to send it, and NOT pay to have the correct one sent.
Old 12-04-11, 11:03 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

LOOOOL.

that's kinda funny, but then maybe he'll ship you the right one for free.
Old 12-12-11, 07:40 PM
PMacvilay
Driver School Candidate

@ 01LEXPL: Yeah, that's exactly what I thought he was going to do, but he initially wanted to charge me to ship them back to him and he would pay the shipping to me.
I told him I was not going to pay for HIS mistake and he offered to pay half TO him and the entire shipping cost back to me. Once again I told him I was not going to pay for a mistake HE made.
Finally, after a few emails complaints, he decided to pay for shipping both ways. Now all I have to do is wait........ He sent the headlights out today, hopefully I'll be able to get these things on before I go out of town for the holidays!

@ EEngineer:
Old 12-12-11, 09:44 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

I don't get why he couldn't ask you to send one back? And simply have the other one shipped upon arrival [from his warehouse]. I mean its only going to cost him 40-50$ for this mistake [shipping for you and him].
Old 12-12-11, 10:51 PM
PMacvilay
Driver School Candidate

@ 01LEXPL: Well actually, that's what he did. I guess what I said was a bit confusing?
He wanted me to pay to ship one back and he'd pay for the correct one to get shipped to me- I refused.
He offered to pay half to ship one back and he'd pay for the correct one to get shipped to me- I refused.
He paid for a shipping label to send one back and he'd pay for the correct one to get shipped to me- I shipped it.
He received one headlight and then sent the correct one to me today- now just waiting to receive it.

He actually claims that it costs him $35/headlight.

All in all, I'm just glad that I didn't have to spend anymore money on these headlights- It's bad enough I have to wait this long! It only should have only taken 5 days to get these headlights and now it's already been two weeks. By the time they get to me, it will have been just over three weeks!
Old 12-16-11, 08:04 PM
PMacvilay
Driver School Candidate

So they FINALLY, after three long weeks the correct headlights finally came in!

Coming into this project I wasn't too sure on how to install it, but I didn't think it was going to be too hard. I thought all I had to do was:
  1. Remove the plastic cover in the engine
  2. Remove the headlights
  3. Put in the new headlights
  4. Put the plastic cover back on
WRONG!.... I took the plastic cover off, unbolted the headlights, then found out that I had to remove the bumper. I looked online for tutorials on how to remove the bumper, but couldn't find anything- 4ES' don't really have much about them online.
Not being able to find anything, I just decided to wing it and try removing it with no tutorials, write-ups, etc. to help me. Ehhh, it wasn't too hard.

Getting ready to pull out the headlights and swap the new ones in:

One headlight in

It's done!.... almost

Put the bumper and plastic shield on and I'm done, right? Bada bing, bada boom!
WRONG AGAIN!
I test the lights and the left is completely off! I tried to wiggle it around and the bulb just fell out- The damned thing doesn't stay in its place! I tried readjusting it etc. but it got too dark, even trying to work in the garage wasn't enough light, so I'll just leave it alone until tomorrow.

Seems like every time I'm working on this car, one thing goes wrong.
Ahhh, this is getting kind of old!...

Thanks for looking!
P

Last edited by PMacvilay; 12-16-11 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12-21-11, 09:07 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lookin good! welcome!
love the 4ES!

Old 12-21-11, 09:41 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

that's the problem with aftermarket headlights man...they just don't fit the same way as oem ones.

but hey, at least you got the right ones and they sure look brand spanking new and shiny
Old 03-18-12, 10:04 PM
KS13
Driver

Originally Posted by PMacvilay
So I get these two HUGE boxes and a small envelope in the mail and obviously already know what it was. Excited I quickly open the packages only to be completely disappointed...

Here's what I was supposed to get from lexmaniac2...

(NOTICE A PASSENGER AND DRIVER's SIDE)
That Lexusmaniac guy is terrible. I wanted to upgrade my 02 ES 300 headlights to the 2005-2006 ES330 ones and he sent me repaired ones that looked like they were restored. There was glue everywhere and it was nothing like he described it except for the lenses looking really new. So he refused to exchange them and then refused to return them. He said he would only exchange one. I ended up opening a Paypal claim against him and just sent the old headlights back march 5th to get my refund.
Old 03-19-12, 09:00 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

^ don't bother with him. In the last few days i've seen multiple listing for OEM's for less than 100$/side... projectors
Old 09-09-12, 11:27 AM
Sublime311
Driver School Candidate

1. Remove all 6 screws on the bottom of the front bumper
2. Remove the plastic cap and single screw in each of the front wheel wells.
3. Remove the black top front cover, 4 plastic caps. Then the 2 metal screws underneath.
4. Lift up bumper and it should come off.
5. Disconnect fogs and parking bulbs
6. Lower bumper now you can access the 2 screws on each side of each lights, in the black plastic bracket.
Old 09-09-12, 06:33 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

nice headlight upgrade and i like the yellow fogs. def stands out..
i too had it on my 2000 ES fogs but its not the bulbs its the cover

PS: i no longer have the "custom" taillights. That was only temp. Just had it for a change. And will change the signature pic too
Attached Thumbnails New guy from WISCONSIN!-dscf0024.jpg  

Last edited by imherenow; 09-10-12 at 06:18 AM.
Old 09-10-12, 04:49 AM
gabzor
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice thread man
maybe one day i'll get a 4es
Old 02-11-14, 05:41 PM
RyanDE
Driver School Candidate

Default How do you like your Anzo's?

Hey man! I'm new to Club Lexus as of today. I just recently bought the same Anzo Halos but in black. How do you like them now that you've had them for a while? Also how would your rate their brightness?

I have a 2004 ES330 with Xeon HID headlights. I love the look of these Anzo's so much, that I'm about to embark on a adventure next week with a master automotive electrician to rewire my entire headlight cables to make these non-HID Anzos work! Not a easy job and as far as I know... Never been done before!?! Wish me luck! If you are not happy with your Anzo's PLEASE give me some feedback before I take on this CRAZY project. Ahh the **** we do for our cars!

- Ryan in Delaware