ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

New member/ ES300 owner (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-11, 08:40 AM
Lexus180
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member/ ES300 owner (pics)

This is my first post on this forum. I purchased a 2001 ES300 about six months ago. It's Graphite Gray Pearl, with Black interior. It had exactly 82K miles on it when I got it, and is now at just over 86k.

I was looking for a safe, nice, inexpensive four door sedan. I am a huge Toyota fan. After looking at different options, reading reviews etc. I set my sights for a clean, lower mileage ES300.

I patiently shopped around for this model year specifically and ended up traveling out of town to pick it up and bring it home. I got it for a VERY good price in the winter time from a private owner.

Overall it's in wonderful condition with the interior near perfect. A few little dings here and there on the outside, but nothing that sticks out. The paint still shines, and NO rust! The mechanic I took it to said it was the best one he had ever seen with NO signs of oil leakage or anything negative where they would normally show their age.

It has new tires and is ALL the way up to speed on maintenance from the dealer!

The only thing "wrong" with it when I bought it was it had a tiny air leak in the corner of the windshield, which I had fixed immediately for $35. Then I put a hardcore detailing on it. Wash, wax, treated the leather, used a quality protectant on all possible surfaces, cleaned carpets etc. The thing looks like a million bucks!!!

Like I said I am now at 86k miles. I am going through the forum subscribing to all the threads that look helpful.

Here is some pics, feel free to shoot me any crucial, quick tips to owning these things.

Old 08-18-11, 09:02 AM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Really Looks better than new!

That is by far my favorite color combo I've seen, and black interior is best.

Now all you need is some nice window tint and your ready to go.
Old 08-18-11, 09:06 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

very nice pickup! welcome on board.

now consider some tints and a bunch of fluid changes just to make sure you've covered all bases!
Old 08-18-11, 09:13 AM
Lexus180
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. Yeah I was looking for a Millenium Silver one. When I saw this one in person it was even better. I have seen all colors since then and I think this grey works best with the two tone thing. I like them all though.

I also always loved this dark grey metallic, saw it on my dads Four Runner and always loved it. I love black leather too, and all the fun options this car has. Who cares that it's 10 years old if it looks and runs as great as it does!

I have another car too which is the main reason I didn't want to spend too much on my sedan. The other thing is I work from home. So I have two cars, and not too many places to go! Unfortunately I pondered selling this Lexus to redistribute the funds since I realize I don't use it much.

I have since come to my senses though and am going to hang onto it, I could never replace this thing for anywhere near the price. I did tons of research and waiting to find such a choice example.

My problem is my other car is a two seater, and something I never want to get rid of. My wife and I are starting to try to have a baby. She has an SUV, but I will also need a four door when the time comes.

**Oh yeah..I would love to tint the windows too. I will definately get around to it soon. Will stay right on top of maintenance too.
Old 08-18-11, 09:34 AM
Lexus180
Driver School Candidate

Why am I listed as a "Driver School Candidate" ???

I cannot for the life of me find where to change that, or add a signature!!

****EDIT***Nevermind I found the answer to those questions. It is because I am new, and must be here for 30 days +, and make 30 posts before some of these options are available. All good.

Last edited by Lexus180; 08-18-11 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-19-11, 09:58 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

X2: That color combo looks awesome!
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? I'm looking for one myself.
Old 08-19-11, 11:28 AM
abobiznow
Pole Position

i love that color. i wish i had an es in every color.

Old 08-19-11, 11:54 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 136 Posts

Welcome to the Club.
Old 08-19-11, 02:06 PM
Lexus180
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone. I rather not discuss the price as of yet. My wife is currently starting a war with me to get me to sell the ES already!

Like I said I work from home, and I have another car also (plus the wifes suv).
In my defense I have two cheaper (older) cars to her one newer 2008 SUV.

Problem is I work from home and don't drive much! She wants to sell the ES to pay off a few small things we have and buy some furniture. My argument is that I will have to buy another sedan when we do pop out a baby and I won't be able to match the deal. I will just end up spending anything we would have made or saved by selling it now!

It's kind of a mess. The car is currently sitting in the garage with my 93 MR2, freshly washed and thoroughly detailed. I am about to wax it and treat the seats again. I keep it fresh so it feels good when I DO drive it!!

Wish me luck at tomorrows "budget meeting" with the wife. I run the books around here so I think I can get her off my case about it. Then again...you know how it goes (if your married).
The following users liked this post:
tiguy99 (06-28-19)
Old 08-19-11, 07:18 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,685 Likes on 2,273 Posts

I would get rid of the wife before I got rid of my ES. Yep.
Old 08-19-11, 10:33 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

this thing is cherry...

WOW! very nice, probably my favorite color combo - very 'rare'
Old 08-19-11, 11:13 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Looks jsut like my car before i got tinted windows, and before my front bumped got destroyed by road debris like a shred of tire and pebbles and other stuff. It's a great color when the son hits it, to be honest, i wouldnt have liked the es as much in a different color other then the maroon one
Old 08-21-11, 08:09 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Very nice. Reminds me of my ES when I first got it, except for the black interior (which I kinda wanted).
Old 08-22-11, 08:52 AM
Lexus180
Driver School Candidate

So, I got the wife off my back about selling the Lexus. Let's hope that trend continues!

Does anyone have a good picture of the same generation/color Lexus as mine with the windows tinted? If so please post. I am trying to decide how dark to tint. I am leaning towards whatever is legal on the front door windows all the way around. I think 20% is the law here on those. Though Maybe I will go a tad darker on the back/and back doors??
Old 08-22-11, 03:28 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...les-later.html here a few pics, 35% on the 4 around and 20% on the very back

Quick Reply: New member/ ES300 owner (pics)