ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Hello CL, wanna see something cool?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-11, 09:18 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hows the ride now after almost a week of driving?
Old 07-22-11, 02:12 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy-KY
Hows the ride now after almost a week of driving?
BCs rides very smooth. you will love it when u install yours.

I rolled my rear fenders on tuesday, but the funny thing is I'm still rubbing. Now the rear fenders look like *** because rolling fender is harder than it seems on our cars. I think I'll get a shop to shave my fenders and pull them out so I can fit more aggressive wheels later on.

I need an alignment next week after I lower the front just a little more. With a tiny bit of negative camber in the rear, I think it'll solve my rubbing problem.
Old 07-22-11, 06:26 AM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Awesome, sounds good, I don't think I'll be going to the extremes of "fender shaving or rolling" however.

I've compared my car to other Windoms of the same year, I noticed that some were sagging in the rear, and some were not sagging, apparantly it seems that my car has some sag in the rear.

This probably explains the existing rubbing that I have from time to time, more prominent when I'm carrying people in the back of my car.

Hopefully with the coilovers in, I can eliminate the rubbing in the rear, by attempting to maintain near stock ride height.

I took measurements of my car the other day but, I realised that those measurements are actually off since the car wasn't on a flat surface. so I have to take some more measurements this afternoon. I'm gonna borrow my mom's old workplace car park, that's pretty much the flattest possible area I know of right now.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow, as a co-worker is coming over to help me out with the install.

Hopefully I can attain my ride height goals (near to, or as close as factory as deemed possible), and retain the performance benefit of coilovers for the future.
Old 07-22-11, 07:20 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

having two fingers all around is stock BMW ride height
Old 07-23-11, 10:30 AM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Fair enough, right now it seems i'm actually sitting higher than stock, in the front at least, i'll work on the ride height soon
Old 07-23-11, 11:12 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Omg no SUV!
Old 07-23-11, 02:08 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Don't worry, i'm not going suv on you all..

Heres the Measurements that I took before changing

Before:
FL 25'
RL 24' 1/8
FR 24' 7/8
RR 23' 7/8

Heres my goal (for now) :
FL 23'
RL 24' 1/8
FR 22' 7/8
RR 23' 7/8

(Measurements were taken from the bottom of the rim to the top of the fender.)

It will be slightly lowered, but still high enough to not worry about clearing parking blocks.

I'm not the only one that drives my car, I have someone else, who is totally clueless on how to drive and park a lowered vehicle. taking that into concideration I wont' be going very low.
Old 07-23-11, 02:15 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

HAHAHA women LAWL

that's why i got a 5 spd car so my gf will never ever try to drive my car :P
Old 07-23-11, 03:33 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Why would she? she's already rocking a pretty tight Audi
Old 07-23-11, 04:49 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

but the funny thing is. the es is so much roomier than the A3 and with the coilovers, it handles just as good if not better.

i can fit twice the stuff in the ES compaared to the A3
Old 07-23-11, 06:38 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

That is true... you cannot deny that massive trunk .....

I once fit three! of my cousin's in the trunk of my 95 Windom, and the 2001 can do the same!

That trunk can just about swallow almost anything you can toss at it.
Old 07-24-11, 12:45 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

productive day today.
lowered the front even more. maxed out the coilover but i'm still not tucking. still around 1 finger. this is because I used a longer spring in the front. Kinda regretting it now, but none the less the ride should be better with the Swift USA spring. I guess I'm gonna have to stick with having 1 finger wheel gap.

while I was at it, I was able the change out both of the transmission mounts. The strut mount in the front was replaced with an solid one piece mount designed and made by a dude on Toyotanation. I replaced the lower transmission mount with another OEM one. I might consider rebuilding the old one to a polyurethane mount and put that in later.

now all five mounts are brand spanking new. 3 are polyurethane custom mounts, 1 is solid and 1 is OEM. can't complain.

however this did not solve my 5th gear vibration problems. I think due to the age of the motor, it is lacking the power it used to have to pull the car between 1500~2000 rpm.
If i ever want to save some gas and shift early, the motor will start to vibrate and it's kind of annoying. I think fresh spark plugs and spark plug wires will help a little more. If not, I'll look into having the valve adjusted while I'm doing the valve cover gasket job.

after that, I'm gonna get myself a nice 3" exhaust with custom Y-pipe.

that's about it for now, pics later!
Old 07-24-11, 01:18 PM
Gerson
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's nice to see the progress on your 5 speed ES too E! Not sure how many ES 5 speed owners are still around but I'm seeing more now which motivates me to do more on my ride. Keep it up man cause im seeing this on TN and here. I need a Y-pipe that Tony fabricated for your Camry awhile back to replace my old one, do you know how much he charge to make you one?
Old 07-24-11, 01:20 PM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Sounds good!
Old 07-24-11, 01:40 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gerson
It's nice to see the progress on your 5 speed ES too E! Not sure how many ES 5 speed owners are still around but I'm seeing more now which motivates me to do more on my ride. Keep it up man cause im seeing this on TN and here. I need a Y-pipe that Tony fabricated for your Camry awhile back to replace my old one, do you know how much he charge to make you one?
if you are running a 1MZ, there are direct bolt on Y-pipes that are much beefier and flows much nicer.
OBX makes one and it is a good choice. bang for the buck

Quick Reply: Hello CL, wanna see something cool?