ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Hello CL, wanna see something cool?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-15, 07:40 AM
Gerson
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About time man, lol! Rebirth of the ES is much needed.
Old 07-10-15, 12:07 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

guess what ive been doing?

Old 07-11-15, 02:59 AM
Vulkan132
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Niiiccee. ****s sweet man looks real good
Old 07-14-15, 08:43 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

i was able to put her back together this past weekend and got her back on the road again. It's a beautiful feeling!

Old 07-14-15, 08:57 AM
surgeon0
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks awesome. Which mount is that in the above pic?
Old 07-14-15, 09:32 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,682 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Interesting header/exhaust I have not seen anything like it on a 3VZ.
Old 07-14-15, 01:56 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by surgeon0
Looks awesome. Which mount is that in the above pic?
It was the front engine mount. It was a custom made polyurethane unit, however it took a lot of abuse from me and started to have a little wiggle room. I ordered a new one while I was doing the swap, but the parts store warehouse got me the wrong one and I almost gave up and was gonna put the old one back in, but it arrived after I just dropped in the engine so it wasn't too bad to swap it out.

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
Interesting header/exhaust I have not seen anything like it on a 3VZ.
haha thanks for noticing. I had those custom made by the shop owners of Dynamotorsports. they are pretty famous locally for their tuning and custom fab capabilities.
Old 07-06-16, 12:57 PM
argy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Almost 1 year later *UPDATE NEEDED*

We need an update here lol

I can guess by now you are probably converting the ES to rear wheel drive and dropping 2JZ in it lol
The following users liked this post:
EEngineer (07-29-19)
Old 07-26-19, 01:32 PM
DLfpv
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Amazing build man! very inspiring. I was wondering if you remember what your spring rates were on your bc coils and how it rode? I am about to order some myself and am unsure what spring rates to go with.
EEngineer (07-29-19)
Old 07-29-19, 01:40 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DLfpv
Amazing build man! very inspiring. I was wondering if you remember what your spring rates were on your bc coils and how it rode? I am about to order some myself and am unsure what spring rates to go with.

I can't believe there are people still reading this thread after all these years! Amazing!

I'm pretty sure I recall this well. The BC coilovers default spring rates are 9kg front 5kg rear since the weight distribution of the camry/es platform is around 70/30 with the v6.
You can order custom spring rates, it just cost about $100 extra and are built to order.
OR you can upgrade to SWIFT springs, they have a bit better travel and look 200% cooler. but you are looking at $100/spring.

As for my ES....I no longer have her. *cries a little inside*

long story short, I moved from Toronto Canada to Portland, Oregon in 2016. I stored my ES for the first year back home and had it shipped over to Portland from Buffalo NY the second year. (didn't bother doing the import/paperwork etc, just drove it across the border haha)
After receiving it in Oregon, I just put her back in storage again and started her once in a while. Didn't have the time to put her on the street with all the paperwork and all that.
I'm in my 30s now with three mortgages and a busy day job. Seems like my hooligan days are long over, so I decided to sell my 2ES all together as is last summer.
Even with the new motor in and all, I figured it would probably be a hard sell. My other option was to buy a much cleaner ES300 shell and swap all the good stuff over and dump the aging frame.
So I put her up on craigslist and listed her for $5200. I've probably put in 3x that much over the 7 years that I've had her, but then it was just a fun learning experience overall.

The process of selling her was quite a story though, hope you guys have a good laugh.

after being on craigslist for a few weeks, I got a few emails from a kid from southern Oregon who seemed super enthusiastic about the car.
He told me he drove his Mustang into a ditch and it got totaled, and now he's looking for a replacement......
a few days later, he drove 4 hours up to Portland with his dad to check out the car.
The kid couldn't drive manual, so I took him on a test drive and he was sold the moment I hit second gear basically.....
His dad came back a few hours with cashier's cheques and since the dad can drive stick, off she went....
I gave them my plates to drive home with, and they promised to send them back when they got all the paperwork handled on their end.
I thought I turned the page finally, but I had no idea what was going to happen next.

This is the exchange of texts that happened there after. Hope you guys have a good laugh.
Old 07-29-19, 01:45 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Old 07-29-19, 01:48 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Ezroni (06-17-21)
Old 07-29-19, 01:57 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

and that's all! Hope you are entertained by this story. I've since then deleted and blocked this guy.

I hope my 2ES isn't hanging in a junkyard somewhere at this point.
lesson for me is that as soon as I sell any car, never continue the conversation with the buyer.

Last update, I took the money from my 2ES and had some sellers regret for a few days. So I went car shopping right away and got myself this thing:

I ended up buying the poor man's Supra from the sweetest old couple in Portland. just slowly getting her into tip top shape.
not sure if I should start a new thread on my SC400..not so many people read forums nowadays, but I guess the story continues...
The following 4 users liked this post by EEngineer:
Ezroni (06-17-21), LeX2K (07-29-19), pramod109 (07-29-19), RXGS (07-29-19)
Old 07-30-19, 11:23 AM
DLfpv
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by EEngineer
I can't believe there are people still reading this thread after all these years! Amazing!

I'm pretty sure I recall this well. The BC coilovers default spring rates are 9kg front 5kg rear since the weight distribution of the camry/es platform is around 70/30 with the v6.
You can order custom spring rates, it just cost about $100 extra and are built to order.
OR you can upgrade to SWIFT springs, they have a bit better travel and look 200% cooler. but you are looking at $100/spring.

As for my ES....I no longer have her. *cries a little inside*

long story short, I moved from Toronto Canada to Portland, Oregon in 2016. I stored my ES for the first year back home and had it shipped over to Portland from Buffalo NY the second year. (didn't bother doing the import/paperwork etc, just drove it across the border haha)
After receiving it in Oregon, I just put her back in storage again and started her once in a while. Didn't have the time to put her on the street with all the paperwork and all that.
I'm in my 30s now with three mortgages and a busy day job. Seems like my hooligan days are long over, so I decided to sell my 2ES all together as is last summer.
Even with the new motor in and all, I figured it would probably be a hard sell. My other option was to buy a much cleaner ES300 shell and swap all the good stuff over and dump the aging frame.
So I put her up on craigslist and listed her for $5200. I've probably put in 3x that much over the 7 years that I've had her, but then it was just a fun learning experience overall.

The process of selling her was quite a story though, hope you guys have a good laugh.

after being on craigslist for a few weeks, I got a few emails from a kid from southern Oregon who seemed super enthusiastic about the car.
He told me he drove his Mustang into a ditch and it got totaled, and now he's looking for a replacement......
a few days later, he drove 4 hours up to Portland with his dad to check out the car.
The kid couldn't drive manual, so I took him on a test drive and he was sold the moment I hit second gear basically.....
His dad came back a few hours with cashier's cheques and since the dad can drive stick, off she went....
I gave them my plates to drive home with, and they promised to send them back when they got all the paperwork handled on their end.
I thought I turned the page finally, but I had no idea what was going to happen next.

This is the exchange of texts that happened there after. Hope you guys have a good laugh.
Thanks for getting back to me. Not sure if they changed it but the default rates for C-06-BR are 7k/3k which sounds really low to me. I think im going to order with 8k/5k instead. Sucks the person you sold the car screwed it up and tried to blame it on you. What a jackass. The sc400 looks sweet!!
Old 07-30-19, 11:28 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DLfpv
Thanks for getting back to me. Not sure if they changed it but the default rates for C-06-BR are 7k/3k which sounds really low to me. I think im going to order with 8k/5k instead. Sucks the person you sold the car screwed it up and tried to blame it on you. What a jackass. The sc400 looks sweet!!
The low factory spring rate really makes these coilovers quite comfortable for daily driving. I had the factory rates on my ES for 3 years and they rode with the stiffness of a factory RSX of the sort. Which is good if you live in a place with a decent amount of potholes.
On the track though, the factory rates are way too soft. I had a lot of head lift and bob around banked corners etc.
My friend went for a much higher spring rate and it did much better on the track. I think he opted for 13/9

it's really up to you on what you want to do. I think 7k/3k will ride street really well.

Quick Reply: Hello CL, wanna see something cool?