ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-1st-to-4th-gen-1990-2006-179/)
-   -   Remote for a 93 ES300? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-1st-to-4th-gen-1990-2006/501851-remote-for-a-93-es300.html)

kyledye25 05-16-10 02:42 PM

Remote for a 93 ES300?

Hey guys....great sight here. I have owned 2 integras in the past and was always on team integra.net. But since I bought my 93 ES300 im certainly glad I found this website. Big help to have forums like these. But I do have a questoin. Was there remotes for 93 ES300's? I havent looked too much but the little I did I didnt find one. I just want to know if they make one so I can buy one or maybe two. I really hate using the key so a remote would be great.:D And if they made them where would I get one?:uh:...other then the dealer. Thanks!

Lexucan 05-16-10 08:40 PM

No remote for the '93 ES. The key has a button on it to lock/unlock the doors. That's it.

tomstep2 05-16-10 09:03 PM

Lexucan is correct. I still consider it remote locking/unlocking.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get my 93 to beep like my RX does? I would like some sort of extra confirmation that the doors are locked when I am on a busy downtown street and cannot hear the locking mechanism.

Lexucan 05-16-10 11:19 PM

I usually just check to see if the security LED on the dash is lit before leaving the car, then I know for sure she's locked up. But I agree that some sort of audible signal would be nice. You might have to invest in an aftermarket security system to get that feature.

kyledye25 05-17-10 10:05 AM

well i have two keys but neither have a button. so where could i get one with a button or what do they look like so i know what to look for. and i would also like a beep too if i were to get a key that locks and unlocks the car via "remote".

Slooooooow 05-17-10 11:06 AM

You can just barely see the button, located on the key fob itself, in the images in this thread, which shows how to replace the battery.

kyledye25 05-17-10 11:55 AM

well i hope this works. i think i attached a photo of what both keys look like. they are both the same. but no button. so where or how can i get one with a button? im at work now so all my replies are via my phone. if the image doesnt work ill have to upload it when i get home.

kyledye25 05-17-10 12:03 PM

picture didnt work looks like. my keys look like valet keys. really skinny with no button and you cant take them apart. but ill upload an image when I get home.

kyledye25 05-17-10 01:00 PM

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/9251/0lexuskey.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here we go. Got to another computer at work and decided to upload a pic of what my keys look like. I was on ebay and can buy remotes but there is a "code" on the back of them that needs to match my car...how do I find out what my code is? Call a dealer? Because I would like to have a key that unlocks and locks the car with out my doing it manually. Not a huge deal but nice to have. Plus the lock on the doors are stiff and kind of hard to turn when you put the key in to turn. So if I can at least get one remote that would be great!

Lexucan 05-17-10 04:47 PM

My master key (the one with the button on it) has an 8 digit alphanumerical FCC ID code imprinted on it. That is what you need to match with your car for the remote lock/unlock. I'm not sure if a key without the button has the same code printed on it. Probably not since that type of key would have no radio transmitter in it. If that's the case, I would contact a Lexus dealership and get them to run your car's VIN number and they SHOULD be able to tell you what your FCC ID code is....probably for a price. :(

kyledye25 05-18-10 07:34 AM

Lexus had no clue really what I was talking about. So he went and asked and said it can be retrieved from the key(the key thats the transmitter which I dont have) and he didnt know of another way. I did find on here that someone with an SC400 i think found it by taking the back seats out and taking off the trim under the small back window and there was a box with the ID on it. Is there something like that for my 93 ES300? I dont know if I want to start taking the car apart looking for something that may not even be there....

Lexucan 05-18-10 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by kyledye25 (Post 5496546)
I did find on here that someone with an SC400 i think found it by taking the back seats out and taking off the trim under the small back window and there was a box with the ID on it. Is there something like that for my 93 ES300? I dont know if I want to start taking the car apart looking for something that may not even be there....

This is only a guess, but looking at the factory service manual drawing of the theft deterrent/door lock system, you might find the FCC ID code on the Theft Deterrent and Door Lock Control ECU, which appears to be behind the glove box. Good luck.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...chm331/key.jpg

kyledye25 05-19-10 12:30 PM

THANK YOU SIR! I will take a look at that soon and hopefully it works. Thanks!