ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Liability sucks to have

Old 09-23-09, 04:03 PM
Ariyanna
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Liability sucks to have

Well my 6 month old new to me 2000 ES300 Platinum Series was hit by a buddy scooter on Saturday while parked and it was a hit and run. Bike was left at the scene and had fake tags and no witness in site. So now I have to pay 3400 out of pocket to repair my baby. So anyone riding with Liability in this forum please consider getting full coverage anytime soon cause once I get my car back thats what im doing, its not worth the headace and money savings.
Attached Thumbnails Liability sucks to have-p10105531.jpg  

Last edited by Ariyanna; 09-23-09 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-23-09, 04:26 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Damn dude. Sucks to see another one down.

Is it worth the cost to you? Ie. part the hell out of this and buy another ES300?

3400$ is steep, and it looks like it has structural damage... Hopefully a part of the 3400 is including all necessary inspections to be deemed road worthy.

Then again, if you are one that is going to 'drive it to the ground' then i would do the same [fix], otherwise one could consider something else?
Old 09-23-09, 04:29 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Man that suxs, but really 3400 i would part out the es300 and get another one, and if u can get the scooter sell that too AHAHAHA
Old 09-23-09, 04:39 PM
Pyroibw
Pole Position

im with them, part it out and buy a new one. you can easily get a new one for $5-7 grand. sucks that the tail lights broke, that would have been a easy $400
Old 09-23-09, 04:50 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear this. Too many cars on the road and a lot of people out there driving with no insurance or bogus insurance. I was pulling into a Wendy's and a guy was reversing out of a parking spot with music blasting. He ended up backing right into my car even after I was blowing on my horn. He pleaded that I not call the ops but I was like "f" that. I did not hesitate at all to call the cops and began taking his info before the cops came. I got burned years ago by some dude that had bogus insurance information and I had to pay the expenses.
Old 09-23-09, 05:00 PM
Ariyanna
Lead Lap

Yeah Im keeping the car and its at auto insurance collision repair center and they gaurenteed me the car would look new and wouldnt be able to tell it was in a accident
Old 09-23-09, 06:21 PM
B Dot
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Liability does suck but im 22 I cant afford full coverage. Sorry about your car people are just inconsiderate jerks hit your car and take off. All you can do is hope the next time he is on a scooter is he falls off and knocks his two front teeth out
Old 09-23-09, 06:47 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ariyanna
Yeah Im keeping the car and its at auto insurance collision repair center and they gaurenteed me the car would look new and wouldnt be able to tell it was in a accident
Awesome attitude, love for a vehicle!

But seriously, are you going to keep it for good? Since after an accident of this magnitude it WILL have a salvage/rebuilt title.

And make sure you get everything done for the 3400$ !!!

Some issues i can see:
-frame damage
-see if the roof is kinked near the C pillar [on top/above it]
Old 09-23-09, 08:39 PM
Ariyanna
Lead Lap

Im going to keep the car for as long as i can.
Old 09-24-09, 11:56 AM
rlx101
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

at $3400 for repairs (which seems a bit too much for the amount of damage) its not a good idea (financially) to keep it.
How many miles on it?

i'd shop around and try to get the repair price down to ~2K... i do not see 3.4K worth of damage. all i see is rear quater panel and possibly gas tank replacement with bumper paint job. i highly doubt there is any frame damage.

its one of these things that hit it, right? :

Last edited by rlx101; 09-24-09 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-24-09, 12:14 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, $3,400 seems like a good price for that amount of damage. I recently had my hit to the driver side front door and part of the driver front fender and it was $1,800 for repair, nothing close to the damage on the above pic. Body labor in California is $54.00 an hour and paint labor is $45.00 an hour. They charged 20 hours of body labor, that in itself is $1,000. The door skin was $350.00 and rest of the fee was for paint, paint labor and misc. parts. I guess stuff does cost more here in California.
Old 09-24-09, 01:37 PM
onslaught

Make sure they align the trunk correctly. My got into an accident from the back and my trunk wasn't aligned correctly for a bit and water kept getting into the trunk when it rained. Also, when are you getting this done? I might.....MIGHT be able to get you that driver side corner lens for cheaper than any body shop would charge.
Old 09-24-09, 01:38 PM
onslaught

...and a damn scooter did that?? WTF?!?!
Old 09-24-09, 02:02 PM
Ariyanna
Lead Lap

Well this is what the repair shop is doing they are replacing the quarter panel, replacing the rear window, repainting the bumper, trunk and rear left door and replacing the rear left corner light for that price.

Last edited by Ariyanna; 09-24-09 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-24-09, 03:16 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ariyanna
Well this is what the repair shop is doing they are replacing the quarter panel, replacing the rear window, repainting the bumper, trunk and rear left door and replacing the rear left corner light for that price.
Maybe go somewhere else then?

Any shop that is going to do the work on that SHOULD be doing the structural inspection [with regards to the roof line, etc] especially for that price.

Originally Posted by rlx101
at $3400 for repairs (which seems a bit too much for the amount of damage) its not a good idea (financially) to keep it.
How many miles on it?

i'd shop around and try to get the repair price down to ~2K... i do not see 3.4K worth of damage. all i see is rear quater panel and possibly gas tank replacement with bumper paint job. i highly doubt there is any frame damage.
Are you joking?

That part around the gas tank is going to be a ***** anda half seeing how the metal there seems to be all crumpled, to get it looking right and the door mechanism to be aligned with the quarterpanel is going to take some tinkering alone...

Remember you get what you pay for. For 2k$ it is going to be the worst POS job ever. You have to cut the panels reweld then new one, weld again smooth welds, and that is panel replacement alone. Factor in body work/paint prep. blending paint to the rest of the car.

Dude, my car got keyed [well, when my dad was still driving it way back].

Some ****head went and started the keying at the quarterpanel thru both doors and half of the fender. [Pass side] And went over that twice... like two strokes.

That was a 1k$ repair since it was a family member shop & cash deal...

Last edited by 01LEXPL; 09-24-09 at 03:23 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Liability sucks to have