ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Liability sucks to have

Old 09-24-09, 03:58 PM
Ariyanna
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait a minute what You think they are charging me to much? Its my best friends uncles shop and he does insurance repairs for Willis Honda and does repairs for Geico, Progressive and State Farm, and its a cash deal. I have seen cars way worse that His shop has repaired and look like they were never in a car accident.

Last edited by Ariyanna; 09-24-09 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-24-09, 06:27 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

I am saying it is reasonable. Then again if he knows what he is doing, he may simply skip out on the structural inspection... which is strange IMO.

Someone else was saying its pricey which is BS, seeing how i predict a quarterpanel would be in excess of 300-400$ alone ...
Old 09-25-09, 08:26 AM
PDXLex
Driver

I would take that $ 3400 and use it towards a non-wrecked car. You could also sell your car off to someone in the condition it's in and use it towards the new car. That's a lot of damage and probably not worth holding on to. Just my opinion, but it's a buyers market right now and the resale value on ES300's is in the toilet, so you could probably score a sweet deal on anothere one!
Old 09-25-09, 10:07 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by PDXLex
I would take that $ 3400 and use it towards a non-wrecked car. You could also sell your car off to someone in the condition it's in and use it towards the new car. That's a lot of damage and probably not worth holding on to. Just my opinion, but it's a buyers market right now and the resale value on ES300's is in the toilet, so you could probably score a sweet deal on anothere one!
Right ...

Did you see what you just wrote? lol

Buyers market ... buy a car for cheap, and sell his 'wreck' for what ? Pennies on the dollar, proportionately to initial price paid out. Why would someone wilingly buy a wrecked car when these can be scored for <5-6 k on eBay in MINT shape...

This way, take 3400$ add another 2-3k for another MINT car, and sell this for what? <1k$ Seeing how, sure 'older' ones are going for 2-4K but in running/not damaged shape.
Old 09-25-09, 02:55 PM
PDXLex
Driver

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL

This way, take 3400$ add another 2-3k for another MINT car, and sell this for what? <1k$ Seeing how, sure 'older' ones are going for 2-4K but in running/not damaged shape.
Precisely...A little redundant, but my point is just don't put a dollar into repairing the wrecked one!
Old 09-25-09, 05:29 PM
Ariyanna
Lead Lap

I appreciate all the advice guys, I know you guys are looking out for whats best for my situation but the shop has begun work on the car already and are in the process of welding the new quarter panel back on and the owner told me they found no frame damage which is good. I will post pictures of the work after I come from the shop tomorrow. I know Its probably not a good idea what Im doing but I am determined to save this car and put it back on the road and keep it for 10 more years. I just have so much love and passion on this car that I just cant part with it so Im being a little crazy and doing what you guys arent recommending but I think once its fixed and I post the pics you guys will change your minds, not for the money that I spent but the fact that I saved a GEN3 that was not looking like is was destined to be repaired, so I changed the future of this car and will sure enough keep it till it tells me that It cant go anymore.
Old 09-26-09, 01:04 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ariyanna
I appreciate all the advice guys, I know you guys are looking out for whats best for my situation but the shop has begun work on the car already and are in the process of welding the new quarter panel back on and the owner told me they found no frame damage which is good. I will post pictures of the work after I come from the shop tomorrow. I know Its probably not a good idea what Im doing but I am determined to save this car and put it back on the road and keep it for 10 more years. I just have so much love and passion on this car that I just cant part with it so Im being a little crazy and doing what you guys arent recommending but I think once its fixed and I post the pics you guys will change your minds, not for the money that I spent but the fact that I saved a GEN3 that was not looking like is was destined to be repaired, so I changed the future of this car and will sure enough keep it till it tells me that It cant go anymore.
Bravo, Bravo! I can't argue with that. Most of us guys have done something like this in the past, not letting go of something that means a lot to us in the past. I know when I was younger, I did some stuff, that I should of just let go, but didnt.
Old 09-26-09, 01:52 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Whoa sucks to hear that happened. Nice to see faithful love for there ES, crazy or not
Old 10-09-09, 09:13 AM
Ariyanna
Lead Lap

Ok guys the car is finished and wow what a professional job they did on my car, you can't even tell it was in a accident I will post a picture later on in the day in the shade so u can see the work they did.

Last edited by Ariyanna; 10-09-09 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-09-09, 10:09 AM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ariyanna
Ok guys the car is finished and wow what a professional job they did on my car, you can even tell it was in a accident I will post a picture later on in the day in the shade so u can see the work they did.
Cool, cant wait to see the pictures of the repair. Glad to hear you got it back. Congrats bro.
Old 10-09-09, 10:30 AM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Excellent, can't wait to see as well
Old 10-09-09, 12:14 PM
Ariyanna
Lead Lap

Here she is let me know what you think guys
Attached Thumbnails Liability sucks to have-010.jpg  
Old 10-09-09, 12:48 PM
PDXLex
Driver

Wow! Impressive! It looks like nothing ever happened.
Old 10-09-09, 01:47 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tremendous job, only carfax could ever know about the accident !!
Old 10-09-09, 02:16 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Looks good indeed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Liability sucks to have