ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

1999 Lexus ES 300

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-09, 09:33 PM
Lentsnh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Lexus ES 300

Hello Im new here. I have a few questions on my dad's 1999 Lexus ES 300.

My dad got it for $8,000. But of course there are a few things that need to be fixed. Im looking for:

Keyless Entry Remote
How to fix the cig lighter. (MY dad doesn't smoke- Its the only outlet in the car)
Plastic Rivet(Weather Stripping)
.............and a few others

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also Detailed and waxed my dad car. Looks so much better!!!!!
Old 04-24-09, 09:38 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

For the cig lighter, check the fuse box. The keyless entry, check the battery in the remote, and for the weather stripping, not sure really what you need to know about it
Old 04-24-09, 09:41 PM
Lentsnh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CHI2BFLO
For the cig lighter, check the fuse box. The keyless entry, check the battery in the remote, and for the weather stripping, not sure really what you need to know about it
Sorry I meant that there was no keyless remote that came with the car. For the weather stripping, Where the hood meets the HL there a little gap plugged up by a strip of weather stripping. One of those plastic rivets broke off...... Where do I get some more?

Stealership?
Old 04-24-09, 09:49 PM
QuachmanES
Lead Lap

I had that same problem with the rubber seal over the headlight. Except all of them came out, so the rubber was just sitting there. You should be able to find some cheap plastic rivets at any auto-accessory store for a few bucks.

You should be able to find a remote on eBay, but I think you need to take it to Lexus to have it programmed, which isn't cheap.

Not sure how to fix the cigarette lighter, but there should be another outlet in the bottom of the armrest compartment.
Old 04-24-09, 09:56 PM
Lentsnh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by QuachmanES
I had that same problem with the rubber seal over the headlight. Except all of them came out, so the rubber was just sitting there. You should be able to find some cheap plastic rivets at any auto-accessory store for a few bucks.

You should be able to find a remote on eBay, but I think you need to take it to Lexus to have it programmed, which isn't cheap.

Not sure how to fix the cigarette lighter, but there should be another outlet in the bottom of the armrest compartment.
Like Napa or Autozone?

Yeah I was looking on eBay and I found a few good ones. But I dont know what to look for (function wise). Toyota programs your remote for free...

Im thinking its a fuse like the guy said before me. Hmmmm Ill check. While Im at it what would be a good place to put or install a Sirius radio?

I am addicted to cars and trucks. My brain is wired for it. Just some things throw me off guard
Old 04-25-09, 01:20 PM
Lentsnh
Driver School Candidate

I fixed the fuse today.... still nothing. and now on top of the lighter not working, the airbag light came on today

HELP!
Old 04-25-09, 06:53 PM
mmatheny
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lentsnh
I fixed the fuse today.... still nothing. and now on top of the lighter not working, the airbag light came on today

HELP!
Airbag circuit is part of the lighter circuit - check the fuse again.

Try here for your key - call Lexus, give them your VIN #, and ask for the part number for a master key - then send a message to them to see if they can get one - they got one for me! But they NEED your PN due to the different tranducer codes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AQ:MOTORS:1123
Old 04-25-09, 08:04 PM
Lentsnh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mmatheny
Airbag circuit is part of the lighter circuit - check the fuse again.

Try here for your key - call Lexus, give them your VIN #, and ask for the part number for a master key - then send a message to them to see if they can get one - they got one for me! But they NEED your PN due to the different tranducer codes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AQ:MOTORS:1123
I must have put it in wrong. I will check tomorrow.

Ok thank you. I will try that. Do aftermarket ones work well?