ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

93 es300 aftermarket headunit install....speaker static problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-08, 09:10 PM
imrat
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 93 es300 aftermarket headunit install....speaker static problem

so i just recently got a 93 es300 first thing to do was install an aftermarket headunit, i got an alpine. so i went out and bought the proper harness and what not, everything works perfect BUT anytime the headunit is on the speakers make this sorta static'y sound and it comes from all the speakers and if the car is off and i turn on the headlights or even the parking lights its make a little loud static sound coming from the speakers, now for alpine headunits you have to buy this special harness that connects to harness in the car itself, and on that harness there are 4 rca's 2 red and 2 white that you have to plug into the back off the headunit in order for the speakers to work. and then you have a few other wires that you hook-up to the harness that your headunit comes with that goes into the back of the headunit such as, power, ground, amp power on. whenever i take out the rca's i the sound goes away, but the i have no sound, because the rca's are the only way i get sound because of the special harness, anyone experience any problems with aftermarket headunits like i am, please help!!!

i was thinking, what if i was too cut off the top plug part of the rca's and just try to connect the wires directly with the un-used harness wires that are speaker wires coming from the (headunit) harness that i matched up the power, ground amp power on and a few others

if i confused you please let me know and ill try to clear things up
Old 10-13-08, 08:07 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the same problem your experience. You have to bypass the stock amplifier to get rid of the static. I placed the wiring spec in this thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=129035

Go to page 5 and look for my user name. Amp is under the passenger front seat.