ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Body Kit advice???

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-08, 07:11 PM
jpryma
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Kit advice???

Hey! New to the forum. I am looking for a body kit for a 1993 ES300. I have been looking online with little success. I have a black with gray, but want to go all black. Soooo may as well put the kit on in the process. Any advice on available kits and process would be helpful.
Old 09-24-08, 07:24 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out Memoryfab.com They seem to have the most selection I've seen so far. You'll pay a little but your ride will definitely be one of a kind and very rare. Here u go:

http://www.memoryfab.com/products/aero/car57

You can also check out L-Tunedparts.com too.
http://www.l-tunedparts.com/model/st...id=3&cat_id=12

Good luck bro

-Smitty
Old 09-24-08, 07:25 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Memoryfab
The Signature kit, as seen on ESBoy's ES300 is superb, especially in black.
Old 09-24-08, 08:19 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah, ive dealt with memoryfab a few times now. and ask for dave. i usually deal with him. i just got my 7pc insurance kit in. pretty happy with it, but the signature is a much cheaper kit, and fairly good quality. goodluck
Charley
Old 09-25-08, 11:59 AM
jpryma
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

Awesome! Thanks alot for the fast reply.

We just finished doing a head gasket replacement and valve shim replacement. The car Rocks! Good power and extreme comfort over bumps. I noticed that lifting the car on the front engine support, then putting up on jack stands, the frame flexes quite a bit.

We will persue one of the kits. Do they need re-inforcement prior to install? I don't plan to paint the whole car, just the bottom and new parts. The rest of the paint is in excellent shape.

Can the car be lowered with the Signature body kit or will this cause scraping over speed bumps?
Old 09-25-08, 07:58 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry. unless you can get that one(1) person on the forums with that kit, i doubt youll get any info elsewhere. i have documented this stuff for my car for others to reference off of, but unfortunately my kit is an autocouture for a 97. but just by eyeballing it, it looks like a moderate drop will be ok. but if you slam, chances are youll be scraping.

Charley
Old 10-04-08, 01:49 AM
ES Boy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jpryma
Awesome! Thanks alot for the fast reply.

We just finished doing a head gasket replacement and valve shim replacement. The car Rocks! Good power and extreme comfort over bumps. I noticed that lifting the car on the front engine support, then putting up on jack stands, the frame flexes quite a bit.

We will persue one of the kits. Do they need re-inforcement prior to install? I don't plan to paint the whole car, just the bottom and new parts. The rest of the paint is in excellent shape.

Can the car be lowered with the Signature body kit or will this cause scraping over speed bumps?

It all depends on what you've got. I've got that 1.7 & 1.4" drop (Front & Rear, respectively) with a set of TEIN S.Tech's (1st gen. Solara application). I never scrape the front while going over speed bumps, though I do encounter a little trouble when it comes to those side skirts. I hear those noises that make you cringe every now and then if a speed bump is big enough... especially if they're those taller, mountain-like bumps rather than the smoother, rolling hill-like ones.

Also, I suggest painting the entire car. Don't forget about that fade factor coming into play.

I like to think of it like this: Two equally gorgeous women with banging bodies have caught your eye. One is wearing an attractive, new skirt along with a top of the same color that has clearly been through the wash cycle one too many times. The other is proudly showing off her brand new, right-off-the-rack dress you simply can't take your eyes off of. It's purely a matter of what's realistic and what you want. If you're sure you'll be happy with just having the kit painted alone, go for it... though I'm sure we would all prefer the latter.