ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Picked up my wheels finally!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-07, 07:46 PM
AlleyKat
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my wheels finally!

Finally picked these up from ASAA,a local shop,today.Now I just have to order coilovers for the ES3.These only took 2months to get here.I was expecting no less than 3.They are custom made offset & width.I love the quality on Work wheels.I've owned several Volks,Advans,etc,but right now my $$ goes to Work.

18x8.5 +25 all around....

Shazaam....

And my ES300 they will eventually go on....

My other mod I have done along with tint.Cleared tails....

Those Vienna wheels in the pic were sold a while back.I only put them on there for a test fit.Car will be slammed of course

I'll see how soon I get these mounted.I kinda wanna sell em since Work came out with a few new designs but oh well.

-Alex

PS:Thanks to Hoebag for getting me the right aggressive offsets.

Old 11-30-07, 07:48 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Man, those are so nice. Pretty good lip for FWD too. What suspension are you going with?
Old 11-30-07, 07:58 PM
AlleyKat
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ChrisES
Man, those are so nice. Pretty good lip for FWD too. What suspension are you going with?
Well since we dont really have much of a choice,lol im looking into the Ksport coilovers right now.
Old 11-30-07, 08:00 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by AlleyKat
Well since we dont really have much of a choice,lol im looking into the Ksport coilovers right now.
Not the best quality, but I think Smitty got free coilovers cause one of his blew. Plus they go LOW.
Old 11-30-07, 09:16 PM
AlleyKat
Pole Position

Here goes some test fit pics.Im very happy with them

I dont see tires getting mounted on them for atleast another month.Im putting my s2k as my main priority again since i have some mag shoots waiting on it.I like the new Work Varianza series,so I will have these sitting pretty for now.Maybe someone will offer to buy these in the mean time & ikan order some Varianzas!I have the tendency to switch wheels a lot.Sometimes before I even get them mounted.lol
Old 11-30-07, 11:50 PM
ES BL155
Pole Position

wheels look sick, finally someone has these on the es in the states. I've been dreaming about these for a long time.
Old 11-30-07, 11:53 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Car is going to look sick bro. Love the taillights too BTW

And I'm having major problems with Ksport right now and after dealing with all the issues I definitely recommend going with Tein or JICs. PM me if u want the details but just a friendly warning.

-Smitty
Old 11-30-07, 11:55 PM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

alleykat, your such a big baller... damn your a wheel wh0re!
Old 12-01-07, 12:11 AM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its gonna look sick. i like that specific style a lot. and the varianza line is a very attractive line. especially the F2S. but o well, right now im waiting for my set of weds to come in for my vcv project. ive got some comp. so dont talk to me anymore. jk. get some wheels and slap those suckers on. and get a suspension setup.
i want to see.
Charley
Old 12-01-07, 03:27 AM
AlleyKat
Pole Position

ES BL155 - thanks man.I've always admired the style on these.So classic,it will never get old like the Volk te37.

Smitty - Im a tein guy myself.All my other projects had tein coilovers.I dont think they make em for my model ES3 tho.I will check it out,if not then JIC.I have been hearing nothing but fail stories with Ksport I really dont wanna go with a spring & shock setup.I like adjusting it to the extreme.

Asad - Im no wheel wh0re.Not with this car that is not yet!Buy these after I rock em for like 2 months and i'll get me some varianzas.If i get this old school crx im throwing some 15in varianzas on it.lol

charley240
- Yes i love the F2S!!! If i sell these 1 day,im getting those or the D3S wheels next.But the F2S is definitely my 1st pick.
Old 12-01-07, 04:40 AM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good, gives me a good idea on how mine will look. You'll probably get yours mounted long before I will at this point, snow is already flying . Too bad you're not closer, we could do a "twins" photoshoot,lol. Just noticed something, are your centers painted silver?
Old 12-01-07, 07:12 AM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

Wheels look sharp.

I got a brother livin in Houston. No snow whatsoever. Lucky dog.
Old 12-01-07, 07:42 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Smitty - Im a tein guy myself.All my other projects had tein coilovers.I dont think they make em for my model ES3 tho.I will check it out,if not then JIC.I have been hearing nothing but fail stories with Ksport I really dont wanna go with a spring & shock setup.I like adjusting it to the extreme.
Not sure about your gen ES but I know I can used the Teins off the V6 Camry. I'm extremely disappointed about my Ksports but we're still trying to work it out to make it right. I definitely like the adjustably though. Need to get that nice Bippu stance lol

Originally Posted by GREED777
looks good, gives me a good idea on how mine will look. You'll probably get yours mounted long before I will at this point, snow is already flying . Too bad you're not closer, we could do a "twins" photoshoot,lol. Just noticed something, are your centers painted silver?
Both of your rides in a photoshoot would be so hott!! I wish some of the other ES owners lived closer so we could do one big meet. Oh well, we can dream.

-Smitty
Old 12-01-07, 08:14 AM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i love my tein ss coilovers, i have been riding it harsh/carelessly around houston and not once have i complained or gotten any problems. i have the the max drop and im tucking an inch of tire all the way around. the tein's are very smooth, ride/handle great!
Old 12-01-07, 09:53 AM
AlleyKat
Pole Position

GREED777 - Snow?What is that? Yeah we never get snow.Maybe like 2-3 years ago we got like 1/8th of an inch of snow.We were all amazed by it.lol.The wheels centers are the standard silver center finish.I really like it in person.You can see all these little metallic sparkle bits in it.

LXMN
- Yup we never have to worry about locking up our cars for the winter.No snow plows needed over here

Smitty
- So far all I can find is Ksport coils for my year.I might just do some measuring and order springs.I really like rolling slammed tho.I'll see i still have time to decide.

Asad - I love my tein coilovers too! I just wish they made some for my year! Now that your slammed you need to get wheels. for xmas!! You better let jdm santa know what you want.

Quick Reply: Picked up my wheels finally!