ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Do you Pimp your auto?

Old 11-24-07, 06:24 PM
92ES5sp
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no problem telling anybody the Lexus is just a glorified Camry because it is. But its a Japan built V6 Camry put together with more care and better parts. I think the ES looks better than its Camry counterpart anyway.
Old 11-24-07, 08:39 PM
parnzen
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the es is not a glorified camry. my mom has an 01 camry and i have a 97 es. the audio, ride quality, power, looks, and overall comfort of the es is a million times better than the camry.

i try not to flaunt my car, but wen people ask wat i drive and i tell them a lexus, they freak out and think im rich. then wen i tell them that i have an sc at home they double freak out cuz they think im twice as rich cuz i have two lexus cars
Old 11-24-07, 11:05 PM
TORTOISE
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really..i live in a pretty wealthy area so my car isnt excactly special compared to what a lot of kids at school have. One girl has a brand new IS 250. Theres also a Hummer H2,new escalade,new expedition on 24's, and a new 330. Thats just off the top of my head kids i know. Its crazy as hell.
Old 11-24-07, 11:20 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

I myself am car crazy and will notice any little mark on my car within a matter of seconds, and I also baby the car (Mechanically & Body)

But I don't go showing off about the fact that I drive an ES. The ES is a very nice looking car for its age and all, but I don't think I would show off any keys. I mean a car is a car, and I strongly dislike show-offs. Just love your car and thats all, no need to show off. Showing off just proves how low your ego is and how bad you need to compensate for the low ego.

Hard on words for some, but just my honest opinion.
Old 11-25-07, 01:43 PM
benny20
Rookie

Smile Do you Pimp your auto?

we get attention most of the time here in the UK, due to the fact we are as mentioned possibly the only ES300 2.5G around,
the best place is the Gas station ! having the rear tints, 17" Momo's with lexus logos, low profile bridgestones, ect, they look admiring, but confused

Last week at the gas station right out of the blue the indian guy who runs the shop. took the credit card and said , Love your lexus Windom

Then explained these cars were well respected and adored in India and Pakistan? , most guys and ladies, just walk by stare and say " Nice Wheels " what is it, even today a guy said like your Skyline !!

To have a car of this quality and build + looks set us all apart from Bwm drivers
audi, ect.

Being a massive fan of Mercs having owned 7 of them, the Es300 beats most of them 10-12 years old, outright.
The guy we purchased the es from, brought a 10 year old 735i then cried when we drove the ES away he misses the ES every day, and rues the day he swapped it for the BM.

we all know that where ever you live or go the Lexus, just says Class what ever model you drive,

My daughters still call mine " The Pimp Mobil "

Bennyandthejets
Old 11-26-07, 08:38 PM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

Glad to hear the majority of you ES owners "pimp your ride".

Me, I find myself driving left arm strong at about 1 o'clock most of the time. Gotta lift my wrist to check the speedo. There are a few ES's where I live, but mine is the only black on black with rims and HID projectors. People still check out my ride when the Xenons are humming. Makes my car look mean.

As far as the glorified Camry with L logos, let's just say that it has been brought up way too many times. I, for one, am tired of hearing it. (or reading it) Every car has to start from somewhere. They are similar and they are not similar. Just the same as saying a car with 4 doors, 4 tires, headlights, ect. is the same as another. They are not the same in this case. Just enjoy your car. So with that said, Let's not beat that dead horse, eh?
Attached Thumbnails Do you Pimp your auto?-beating_a_dead_horse.gif  
Old 11-27-07, 11:53 AM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

That looks like a kangaroo
Old 01-29-09, 05:21 AM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kingofire
That looks like a kangaroo
LOL this cracked me up, even if it's ancient. I guess I didn't see this post when I read this thread.

And no, a dead horse does not look like a kangaroo
Old 01-30-09, 09:17 PM
lej1447
Driver

Totally guilty of all three.

Yes, I leave my Lexus key on the table at work all the times.
Yes, I check my black emblems all the times, particularly on the side.
Yes, I check my black tail lights all the times.
Yes, I check my 17" Lexus rims all the times.
Yes, I mod my 15-yr-old Lex w/ the followings:
1) HID
2) LED dashboards
3) Rearshade (no tint)
4) DVD touch screen
5) 10" overhead monitor
6) 17" Lexus rims from 2006 GS
7) 10" subwoofer
8) Customized Japanese front license plate
9) Black emblems
10) Side emblems
11) Black tail lights

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...s-300-dyi.html

People stare at license plate all the time. Friends like my black tail lights and rear shade. Kids love watching movies in my car at night. I love latest music videos on iPhone with subwoofer. Many other drivers GS, ES, IS, and other Honda stare at my rims and side emblems. I would love to say it w/ *****, but my car has taken all such opportunities from me. I didn't get to say any thing about my car b/c the ES already took all the words from my mouth when people stare at such. I have other racers w/ big rims and low profile tire race me all the times. At night, other racers, SUV, and minim vans zoom past my bright 10" overhead monitor all the time to show off theirs. Even my wife chuckles.

Last edited by lej1447; 01-30-09 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-31-09, 12:49 AM
97'ES
Driver

I have both a Camry and an ES. I don't drive the camry very much let me put it that way. I mean the interior differences speak for themselves. The Camry interior is spartan, but functional. The interior in the ES has essentially been copied by every luxury car manufacturer since it's inception. Even if you have a V-6 XLE it's still not even in the same ball park as far as style, optitron gages? I think not. I know where the extra 5g's went is all I'm sayin. Exterior styling? I don't even have to talk about it, Just look at a 3rd gen from the front. Road noise anyone? The camry has plenty. ES? next to none. As for pimpin the ride..... Stuntin is a habit, what can I say.
Old 01-31-09, 08:08 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as the camry vs ES nonsense... after driving a 96 camry today and having a 96 ES300 in the family for a number of years, the ES is most definately NOT a glorified Camry. There are of course simillarities, but its amazing how much better the ES actually is.
Old 01-31-09, 09:15 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Cool

None of the above.

Keys in my pocket. If i park next to a sketchy looking car, i check the sides and visualize to see the condition of my car and the guy next to me. If i see his is all banged up i move the car elsewhere. I am that ****.

I have rims, tint. The car speaks for itself, i never bring it up. Only when people comment on it, and give me props for the clean look, i acknowledge this and it makes me fee proud to be driving this great piece of machinery.

With it being the lowest on the chain? Nope. You have the IS under you

And well, since this car is not easily or readily modified [i consider this a good thing] It makes it stand out 100% more than the LS parked next to you at a show [i find].

In short its classy, unique, and luxurious. I will probably flaunt it more this upcoming season when i get more mods
Old 02-01-09, 05:49 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

And well, since this car is not easily or readily modified [i consider this a good thing] It makes it stand out 100% more than the LS parked next to you at a show [i find].
That is unless you park next next to a first gen LS. LOL!!!
Old 02-01-09, 07:52 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't we all love receiving compliments about our ES? I know I do.
I don't go fishing for any but it is always very nice whenever someone approaches to say, "nice car". Like while I was at my local Toyota dealership last week to get an oil change. I parked the ES by the service department entrance and went inside to give them the keys. I decided to wait there while the oil change was being done, so I went back outside to wander around the lot for a while. My car was parked next to some brand new Toyotas but there was this guy standing there looking at my car. I guess he had seen me drive into the lot, cuz he said to me as I came out, "I've just been admiring your car. What year is it?" So, I told him it's a '93 and he said, "Wow, it's in such great shape. Lexus sure make beautiful cars, don't they?" I couldn't disagree! Then he said, "So, how many times has the exhaust system/muffler been changed since she was new?" I said, "No times. It's all factory original". He just smiled and shook his head in amazement ..........'nuff said.

Last edited by Lexucan; 02-01-09 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-02-09, 01:08 AM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexucan
Don't we all love receiving compliments about our ES? I know I do.
I don't go fishing for any but it is always very nice whenever someone approaches to say, "nice car". Like while I was at my local Toyota dealership last week to get an oil change. I parked the ES by the service department entrance and went inside to give them the keys. I decided to wait there while the oil change was being done, so I went back outside to wander around the lot for a while. My car was parked next to some brand new Toyotas but there was this guy standing there looking at my car. I guess he had seen me drive into the lot, cuz he said to me as I came out, "I've just been admiring your car. What year is it?" So, I told him it's a '93 and he said, "Wow, it's in such great shape. Lexus sure make beautiful cars, don't they?" I couldn't disagree! Then he said, "So, how many times has the exhaust system/muffler been changed since she was new?" I said, "No times. It's all factory original". He just smiled and shook his head in amazement ..........'nuff said.
They do pack up nicely, only thing is I really do hate the tail lights on our gen ES. Can't stand it, it's something that was a time phase really. Probably looked good back in the day?
But yeah, I got a compliment on my car after picking a few things up and the guy was like nice looking car, and started asking how it drives etc. I just said they are a good quality build and I can drive it hard on long trips through mountains, freeways etc as if its new and it turns on the next day.
(Probably because of my maintenance though)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you Pimp your auto?