ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

ES/Windom OGs

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-07, 05:11 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ES/Windom OGs

ES Forum in need of CPR???

Is it just me but is the ES forum a little dead??? Where's all the ES OGs? I know some of the pioneers are gone, HoeBag, Gato, Lexusk8, Leets, and others have left us and moved on unfortunately but what about the rest of the ES guys? Just sayin seems like its kind of dead in here. Whats going on?

-Smitty
"ES/Windom Hype Man"
Old 10-15-07, 05:33 PM
bren_speed
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still here. IDK if I'd consider myself OG but i've been here since 2004.
Old 10-15-07, 05:51 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smitty, u forgot about juan! lol

I think hoebag's got a SC now.

I wouldn't consider myself OG but i been here since '05
Old 10-15-07, 06:07 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bren_speed
I'm still here. IDK if I'd consider myself OG but i've been here since 2004.
Yup yup

Originally Posted by maniax
Smitty, u forgot about juan! lol

I think hoebag's got a SC now.

I wouldn't consider myself OG but i been here since '05
Yeah he does. He's currently working on his air suspension

Yeah I guess I'm an OG now. I think. Been here since 10-24-2004
Old 10-15-07, 07:31 PM
Instructor

Hey smitty, you've been here since I celebrated my 19th birthday. (My D.O.B is the 24th of Oct) Ha ha. Anyways I'm guessing everyone moved on because they may have gotten a new ride. Like later in '08 I'm gonna get an 02 and up IS300. But I'll still hang in the ES forum.
Old 10-15-07, 08:04 PM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

Well, IMO, you are now the resident OG, Smitty0881. You have shown to being the most mods of late, not to mention contributing to the ES forum.

That, and you have like over 1600 posts and over 3yrs on the site. I would say that you lead the way. So far so good in my book. Keep it up.
Old 10-15-07, 09:10 PM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

one day i will become an es300 OG...
Old 10-15-07, 09:19 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I believe Lexusk8 still posts here from time to time but I'm sure he's busy in the Infiniti or G35 forums...yeah we definitely need more excitement in the ES forums...
Old 10-16-07, 12:19 AM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Well the only reason I personally have not been modding was because its my daily driver. But now since my sister is getting a new car within a few months, and my old accord will be my daily driver once again, then my es3 can be heavily modded just like my old mbz =]

So if all goes well give me a year or so and my es should be up there!!!
Old 10-16-07, 10:53 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I defintly am here like every day for like a year and a half but i'm not OG I would say maybe someday. What about Pheonix he's still here and he's been here for a long time. I do agree we do need some excitement maybe someone has some winter projects in the works I know I do
Old 10-16-07, 11:20 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Cool

Originally Posted by Smitty0881
ES Forum in need of CPR???
Is it just me but is the ES forum a little dead??? Where's all the ES OGs? I know some of the pioneers are gone, HoeBag, Gato, Lexusk8, Leets, and others have left us and moved on unfortunately but what about the rest of the ES guys? Just sayin seems like its kind of dead in here. Whats going on?
I've been too busy modding lately to look up and take a head count. I don't think the ES forum is "dead"; I think there's been quite a bit of turnover with members who were highly active in the '92-'02 decade wrecking, falling off or changing to other vehicles (typically other Lexus models).

The good news is, there's been a HIGH influx of new members, not just lurking, but getting handles and actively posting. I've been handing out welcome mats like crazy the last several weeks (a new ES forum greeting I'll gladly encourage among other regulars).

I think it's a perception issue when it comes down to it. One thing that makes a forum seem "happening" is folks posting their mods. Even though there aren't a LOT of mods out there for the ES, folks are doing what they can (wheels, tires, intakes, suspension, etc.) and posting up nicely in the respective "Show What You've Got" threads (aftermarket wheels thread, etc.). Everything is relative perception though - I've been actively reading the SC thread while shopping for one, and that thread has someone posting what they've done to their car literally every hour. As with the 3rd/4th gen Camry forum on TN, our ES forum isn't quite that hot.

I think our ES group is a tight group with a lot of contagious positivity coupled with technical know-how, and I couldn't be happier to be a part of it.

I know what you're talking about though, Smitty. It's always weird when you do a search and find a thread from waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back and see all these names...and these folks had some serious mods, time, blood, sweat and tears in their ESs...only to fade away years later. Who knows? 10 years from now folks might be reading our posts wondering "What ever happened to Pheonix, Smitty, Choas, 13loody, McElligott, Powerwave, Sloooooow, etc.?" Weird eh? I hope it doesn't happen. I hope to keep the ES for good and only add cars to my collection instead of replacing them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm re-doing my signature information and picture; I've added an exhaust system, shifter kit, and e-brake kit in the last week and I've got the next mods to plan.

Last edited by Slooooooow; 10-16-07 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-16-07, 12:05 PM
swifty562
Lead Lap

hi everyoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

i know i've been doing some quick appearence here and there, its because of school and work... and mid term is like next week! so yeah, just want to let everyone know
Old 10-16-07, 01:10 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
I've been too busy modding lately to look up and take a head count. I don't think the ES forum is "dead"; I think there's been quite a bit of turnover with members who were highly active in the '92-'02 decade wrecking, falling off or changing to other vehicles (typically other Lexus models).

The good news is, there's been a HIGH influx of new members, not just lurking, but getting handles and actively posting. I've been handing out welcome mats like crazy the last several weeks (a new ES forum greeting I'll gladly encourage among other regulars).

I think it's a perception issue when it comes down to it. One thing that makes a forum seem "happening" is folks posting their mods. Even though there aren't a LOT of mods out there for the ES, folks are doing what they can (wheels, tires, intakes, suspension, etc.) and posting up nicely in the respective "Show What You've Got" threads (aftermarket wheels thread, etc.). Everything is relative perception though - I've been actively reading the SC thread while shopping for one, and that thread has someone posting what they've done to their car literally every hour. As with the 3rd/4th gen Camry forum on TN, our ES forum isn't quite that hot.

I think our ES group is a tight group with a lot of contagious positivity coupled with technical know-how, and I couldn't be happier to be a part of it.

I know what you're talking about though, Smitty. It's always weird when you do a search and find a thread from waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back and see all these names...and these folks had some serious mods, time, blood, sweat and tears in their ESs...only to fade away years later. Who knows? 10 years from now folks might be reading our posts wondering "What ever happened to Pheonix, Smitty, Choas, 13loody, McElligott, Powerwave, Sloooooow, etc.?" Weird eh? I hope it doesn't happen. I hope to keep the ES for good and only add cars to my collection instead of replacing them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm re-doing my signature information and picture; I've added an exhaust system, shifter kit, and e-brake kit in the last week and I've got the next mods to plan.

Very well said sloooooow. I have def. been seeing a lot of new members here so maybe we are just seeing a new generation of es owners. Also to touch on what you said even if I did sell my es I would still be on this forum. Just like a few other guys here that own different Lexus's now.
Old 10-16-07, 02:23 PM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been here since 2001 and do not plan on leaving.
Old 10-16-07, 02:26 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Yeah there have been alot of new ES guys. Hopefully we can keep it. I'm thinking about doing something crazy to my ES mod wise. I'm really thinking about trying to make a usable effective intake. Got a few other crazy ideals for some ES parts as well. Hopefully we can get them working.

OH almost forgot. Trying my hardest to get access to some JDM corners. I called an ex-girlfriend of mine and she's gonna try to call Japan or have some realities call a Toyota dealership in Japan and see about ordering some. She's Japanese so she has a few family members over there and speaks Japanese hopefully she can hook us up. But I'll keep everyone informed

-Smitty

Quick Reply: ES/Windom OGs