ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

1992 Lexus es300 HELP ASAP please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-07, 07:41 PM
blazin3gen
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Lexus es300 HELP ASAP please!

ok well i noticed that my car had low stutter acceleration for awhile now so on saturday i had time to check it well it turned out to be a ripped Air intake hose... so for now i temporarily silyconed it and taped it now, i also bought some Throttle body cleaner, so i sprayed the TB and cleaned it, Now when i turned the car back on the car ran perfect! back to when i first got it...

BUT....

The car started acting really funny in first or second gear the car would not change gears it would rev for about 4k or 5k rpms then as i let off it switched... i thought well maybe its the ECU maybe has to be restarted... i turned the car back on and bam perfect everything shifted nice i thought problem solved..

BUT! today...

I drove the car took off like normal car reved to about 4k 5k and WOULD NOT change gears I let off NOTHING car just DIED would just rev but not go anywhere at all so then i put it back on park shifted back to D and bam it got but it started shaking like it wanted to turn off wtf? then bam Died wouldnt go anywhere, i turned the car off and started it and it got the gears i drove it back to the house but it died on the drive way.. What the heck is going on can anyone please help me Please..

btw

i checked the Tranny oil seems to be good could maybe the dist cap **** everything up because when i was cleaning the TB maybe some might have got on it but doubt it..

PLEASE HELP ME LEXUS TECHS!
Old 09-18-07, 09:04 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

kick down cable is wrooooooong
Old 09-18-07, 09:17 PM
blazin3gen
Rookie

Originally Posted by Pheonix
kick down cable is wrooooooong

Hey i was waiting on u!

but whats a kick down cable and how do i fix it??

thank u
Old 09-20-07, 04:57 PM
blazin3gen
Rookie

Bump Please!
Old 09-20-07, 05:53 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=169193
Old 09-21-07, 02:27 PM
blazin3gen
Rookie

i tried that bro but it didnt work something is still wrong anyone know what else might be wrong maybe??
Old 09-21-07, 07:15 PM
esucaris1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thoroughly check all the vacuum hoses as well as the temporary repair you did
Old 09-21-07, 08:36 PM
blazin3gen
Rookie

Originally Posted by esucaris1
thoroughly check all the vacuum hoses as well as the temporary repair you did

i did will a vacuume hose cause the tranny to not respond? also will the distributor cause the tranny to not operate either?

im really lost at whats goin on here im pretty shure the tranny is Not DOA
Old 09-21-07, 09:15 PM
92ESRick
Driver School Candidate

I'd double check the silicone job and the entire area around the intake tube, vacuum lines and electrical connectors. When I first bought my ES the air intake tube cracked and the car ran like absolute crap and died on me due to the unmetered air. I rigged it that night to get home (left me stranded for a little while) and ordered a new one from some place on ebay for cheap.

It's near impossible to troubleshoot stuff like that without seeing it in person but it sounds like it's getting unmetered air or maybe the mass air sensor isn't connected properly. But since it is hard to troubleshoot over the net take my advice with a grain of salt Also, when as a general rule, if you fix, change, or modify something and something drastic like that happens, make sure to triple check all your work. A ghetto way of checking for intake leaks that you may not see is to get a can of starting fluid and spray a little around the suspect area with the car running. If the engine idles up when you spray, you know you have a leak. It is not the safest method, but it works. I've done it more times than I can count without catching anything on fire. It does not take much of a spray to locate a leak either so you won't have to worry about damaging your engine from too much ether. Do the aforementioned step at your own risk though I know it sounds like a long shot since it seems like a transmission issue, but when my air intake busted it had very similar symptoms and I remember having issues with it shifting out of first. I believe it started running rough, wouldn't shift out of first and when I pulled over to look it died and would not restart without a crap load of cranking.

Last edited by 92ESRick; 09-21-07 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-21-07, 09:59 PM
blazin3gen
Rookie

Originally Posted by 92ESRick
I'd double check the silicone job and the entire area around the intake tube, vacuum lines and electrical connectors. When I first bought my ES the air intake tube cracked and the car ran like absolute crap and died on me due to the unmetered air. I rigged it that night to get home (left me stranded for a little while) and ordered a new one from some place on ebay for cheap.

It's near impossible to troubleshoot stuff like that without seeing it in person but it sounds like it's getting unmetered air or maybe the mass air sensor isn't connected properly. But since it is hard to troubleshoot over the net take my advice with a grain of salt Also, when as a general rule, if you fix, change, or modify something and something drastic like that happens, make sure to triple check all your work. A ghetto way of checking for intake leaks that you may not see is to get a can of starting fluid and spray a little around the suspect area with the car running. If the engine idles up when you spray, you know you have a leak. It is not the safest method, but it works. I've done it more times than I can count without catching anything on fire. It does not take much of a spray to locate a leak either so you won't have to worry about damaging your engine from too much ether. Do the aforementioned step at your own risk though I know it sounds like a long shot since it seems like a transmission issue, but when my air intake busted it had very similar symptoms and I remember having issues with it shifting out of first. I believe it started running rough, wouldn't shift out of first and when I pulled over to look it died and would not restart without a crap load of cranking.
thanks bro i will try that tommarow and see whats up but its really strange to me that thats happining
Old 09-21-07, 11:28 PM
esucaris1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

carb cleaner works too and it dosent have as high a flashpoint less chance of catching on fire...
Old 09-21-07, 11:48 PM
92ESRick
Driver School Candidate

yep, i've used it too, probably more than ether actually.
Old 09-25-07, 10:36 PM
blazin3gen
Rookie

update..

ok still tired everything double checked everything still the same.. wtf? When i first turn it on i hear this Noise like like a sound the powersteering would make when their is no fluid...and the car will get the gears but as soon as the sound dissapears the car gets no gears and just freezes wierd?? I HOPE ITS NOT THE TRANY? damnit! anyone else know anything else that can help me out PLEASE PLEASE
Old 09-26-07, 01:05 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

Put fluid in the transmission.
Old 09-28-07, 09:00 PM
blazin3gen
Rookie

Originally Posted by Pheonix
Put fluid in the transmission.
Has fluid

Quick Reply: 1992 Lexus es300 HELP ASAP please!