ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

new member in NYC area

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-07, 09:34 PM
lexlude
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
Default new member in NYC area

I just found where the lexus owners are, at clublexus. I bought my es300 last sunday with 119k for $6750. I was searching the internet from monday to now for goodies for my car. My eyes are hurting now. I just found this site and just reading the first page I realize that this is to place to be. I plan to do some work on it before I put it on the road. I already order hid kit, radio harness, radio install kit, back up camera, all the manuals at carstereoremoval.com for $12.99. I plan to get the jensen vm9312, and the soundstream digi-q eq. I feel the quality of the door speakers are good so I will use them as midrange. I will replace the 2 front tweeter and add 2 more at the back. I will not be using the single sub in the back. I plan to get all of the speaker wires from the amp behind the cd changer. the spoiler I plan to buy local so I could take it to the store see how it look on the car before I purchase. I also planning on taking it to the store to match up the wood trim for the dash before I buy. I really like the lip body kit that I saw on this site, where can I purchase? I plan to install 215-50-17 tires on zna 427 chrome rims that pepboys sell. I was thinking about going with gunmetal because it matches the bottom color of the car. I know I had a lot to say, but I am just anxious to start working on it. I could see this site is going to be very helpful.
Old 04-09-07, 10:05 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok. What colour is your car?
Old 04-09-07, 11:29 PM
Lexcited
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexlude
I just found where the lexus owners are, at clublexus. I bought my es300 last sunday with 119k for $6750. I was searching the internet from monday to now for goodies for my car. My eyes are hurting now. I just found this site and just reading the first page I realize that this is to place to be. I plan to do some work on it before I put it on the road. I already order hid kit, radio harness, radio install kit, back up camera, all the manuals at carstereoremoval.com for $12.99. I plan to get the jensen vm9312, and the soundstream digi-q eq. I feel the quality of the door speakers are good so I will use them as midrange. I will replace the 2 front tweeter and add 2 more at the back. I will not be using the single sub in the back. I plan to get all of the speaker wires from the amp behind the cd changer. the spoiler I plan to buy local so I could take it to the store see how it look on the car before I purchase. I also planning on taking it to the store to match up the wood trim for the dash before I buy. I really like the lip body kit that I saw on this site, where can I purchase? I plan to install 215-50-17 tires on zna 427 chrome rims that pepboys sell. I was thinking about going with gunmetal because it matches the bottom color of the car. I know I had a lot to say, but I am just anxious to start working on it. I could see this site is going to be very helpful.
hey lexlude.... just like you i was really anxious when i found this site... theres so many ideas floating aound here its unbelievable more so when you dont know much about getting custom parts.... being from ny it seems hard tp find parts and accessories .... hit me up some time we can kick some ideas around and maybe echage information like web sites or DIY projects... catch you later good luck with ya lexventure.... oh by the way im ray from the bx
Old 04-10-07, 08:17 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year?
Old 04-10-07, 10:08 PM
lexlude
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

its a 98 the color trim code is 1b2/lf61. the lower cladding looks like gunmetal. I would like to do the rim and the sound system before I put it on the road. I just found out scosche have a dual din radio install kit for the 97-01. I prefer the jensen vm9021ts than the vm9312. the double din vm9021ts looks more factory and its a cleaner install. I got the single din install kit coming in the mail. when that come I will sell it. any idea on spoilers for this car? by the way this is my first v6, I had 2 corolla 81 and 82, 87 rx7, and I still have my 92 prelude
Old 04-10-07, 10:22 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on your ES purchase and welcome to Club Lexus