ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Fog light location opinions!?!...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-07, 08:14 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by E-Z ES300
Ok you just gave me an idea, what if i removed the halos from my fog lights, disconnected the led's inside the rear speakers, installed the halos from the fog lights into my headlamps, and just left regular fogs?...

Old 03-15-07, 08:50 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The halos in the fogs are a cool idea, if you want to be unique, becuase i havn't seen any1 else with those in. Halos in headlamps definitely look awesome. When it comes down to it, it depends on how much you like how it looks, its your car after all lol. One thing though if you can, the side parking lights, change em from yellow to white, that will definitely go better with blue halos .
Old 03-15-07, 09:20 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probally gonna end up with a really good luck but man oh man is this gonna be some more work for me!... I gotta bake my headlights again for the 4th time
Old 03-15-07, 09:23 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
The halos in the fogs are a cool idea, if you want to be unique, becuase i havn't seen any1 else with those in. Halos in headlamps definitely look awesome. When it comes down to it, it depends on how much you like how it looks, its your car after all lol. One thing though if you can, the side parking lights, change em from yellow to white, that will definitely go better with blue halos .
I already beat you to that idea, ive baked my lights all a few seperate times, i cleared out ALL of the amber's...

Old 03-15-07, 10:34 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

I already beat you to that idea, ive baked my lights all a few seperate times, i cleared out ALL of the amber's...

O my bad, i meant I'v never seen anyone with halos in the fogs , Iv seen a couple ppl with them in the headlight, i would do it, but Im saving $$$ for an IS350, then Ill put Halos in there .
Old 03-15-07, 12:11 PM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

VERY NICE CHOICE OF CAR. Yeah halos in the fogs?... i never planned on it, i went to a auto parts shop and was looking for something that looked stock... failedd, i wanted something small yellowish and circular. These were the closest thing i found to what i wanted. The other round ones were about 6 inches big.
Old 03-15-07, 07:45 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

not exactly feeling the angel eyes on the fogs. mayb it's the blue.

but here's what you can do with the grill:
Old 03-16-07, 06:06 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Hey maniax, i like the eyelids on the headlights, looks real nice . sorry got a little off topic, but yea man if anything, if you dont mind the extra work, just put the halos in the headlights and it will look sick as hell lol.
Old 03-16-07, 06:33 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

I like your grill... i guess ill have something to do today after work
Question... I think my halos are a bit smaller then the outer rim of my projectors... do you think i should put the halo on the rim of the outer low beams or on the rim of the inner high beams?...
Old 03-16-07, 06:36 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

I like your grill... i guess ill have something to do today after work
Question... I think my halos are a bit smaller then the outer rim of my projectors... do you think i should put the halo on the rim of the outer low beams or on the rim of the inner high beams?...
Hmmmmm, good question lol, I think maybe the outers would look nicer but see if you can find pictures of people that have them already, then make your choice, good luck
Old 03-16-07, 08:55 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Thats gonna be kinda hard truplaya... i really doubt if anyone has done this.. Plus i hope to be the only one or first im thinking the inner rims would look a bit nicer that way i can have inner halos and outer low beams all on at the same time, my low beams are a bit bright and glary so they wouldnt show if i had my lights on with the halos anyway. I wonder if i can have someone photoshop it for me

So id have inner halos, outer low beams, and low bumper fogs
Old 03-16-07, 09:35 AM
MCG33
Pole Position

Hate to be a bubble burster, but this has been done before. A guy here used to sell them, and I have seen some on eBay recently. But by all means go for it, I think that they look nice on our headlights and will definitely turn some heads.

and here are the ones I found on ebay

Old 03-16-07, 11:15 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Thats gonna be kinda hard truplaya... i really doubt if anyone has done this.. Plus i hope to be the only one or first im thinking the inner rims would look a bit nicer that way i can have inner halos and outer low beams all on at the same time, my low beams are a bit bright and glary so they wouldnt show if i had my lights on with the halos anyway. I wonder if i can have someone photoshop it for me

So id have inner halos, outer low beams, and low bumper fogs
I didn't think about it like that, yea man that would look good, go for it .
Old 03-16-07, 01:13 PM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

wow!... THAT IS nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like ittt..... IM GONNA START ON THAT THIS WEEKEND...
Old 03-17-07, 06:06 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

wow!... THAT IS nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like ittt..... IM GONNA START ON THAT THIS WEEKEND...
LOL, Pictures !!!! Make a DIY write up of the prcoess if you can, I would really like to learn how to do this myself, and at the same time i can clear the corners .

Quick Reply: Fog light location opinions!?!...