ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

The Best & Only Intake That Works. $25-40usd

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-06, 08:23 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well it is heavier but it also has a much larger engine am i right? my best friends dodge durango has a v8 and he's done some light engine work on it and it flies, heavy as ****, but its fast. he revs his engine and his whole car shakes, lol. he beat my car in a race the other day, i felt so bad losing to an SUV, but that thing has power. im thinkin maybe the fastest time i can get on the track right now is around 15 seconds, maybe 14 if i get some new tires, now after my exhaust work, hopefully ill shave some time off that number.
Old 08-03-06, 08:43 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
well it is heavier but it also has a much larger engine am i right? my best friends dodge durango has a v8 and he's done some light engine work on it and it flies, heavy as ****, but its fast. he revs his engine and his whole car shakes, lol. he beat my car in a race the other day, i felt so bad losing to an SUV, but that thing has power. im thinkin maybe the fastest time i can get on the track right now is around 15 seconds, maybe 14 if i get some new tires, now after my exhaust work, hopefully ill shave some time off that number.
One of the best stock new SUVs I have ever seen is the new V8 4Runner. I watched one nip a a Ram Hemi truck. Not much more weight in the 4Runner than my own RX, but that V8 torque was impressive. It could beat my RX by a second...actually one did not too long ago. However, I also have to think that my high elevation does play a role here and I notice that V8 vehicles seem to keep their gains a lot better than V6 vehicles given the elevation differences.

We have a lot of Durangos down here. There are some vehicles like the Cayenne V6, Acura MDX, Honda Pilot, Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L, that have been looking at my rear end at the line and on time. Even if they had launched just a tad better, still won´t beat it.

Also keep in mind our vehicles are older and stock, they will not be as efficient as new, but we do our best to keep them running as efficiently as possible.

I am a big stickler for synthetic fluids going into my RX300 and I devote a significant amount of my time examining what goes in...that too is a mod.
Old 08-03-06, 09:00 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

yea i jus had an oil change with the synthetic oil, car runs much better now, but the durango i raced was an '02 so yea a lot newer, but im jus surprised those heavy *** cars jump off the line the way they do.
Old 08-03-06, 09:06 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

yea i jus had an oil change with the synthetic oil, car runs much better now, but the durango i raced was an '02 so yea a lot newer, but im jus surprised those heavy *** cars jump off the line the way they do.
Well, they have these huge tires with rims that that must way a ton, and I can imagine that unsprung weight is eating them up. The fastest trucks, unless they sport nitrous, only hit a 1 second max over my RX300 at my track.

If you are considering rims, also take a look at the weight of the rims as that can give you some horses right there. Though, my problem is usually trying to figure out weights of rims that do not show up on http://www.wheelweights.net/
Old 08-03-06, 10:53 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

eventually, im going to be gettin 18" chrome, i know it will slow me down a little bit, but i love chrome rims .
Old 08-03-06, 11:55 AM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

The durango's & jeep grand cherrokee's with the right engine package move out. Don't feel bad.
In all honesty, remember you have a 16.3 second factory car with a mod list that on a good day might break into 15's. With every free mod I put in the book, you'd be in high 15's consistantly on a good day, but breaking 14's is a long N/A mod list off on the A/T's :'(

The fastest M/T stock v6 Camry is lighter than the 92-01 ES's by a couple hundred pounds, and *bearly* rus a 15.2. Maybe Sean remembers what his first track time is w/o mods all those years ago. If I were guessing an M/T es 300 stock, witha tuneup would run 15.4 on a great day.

AFA rims go, buy whatever makes you happy. 17*7.5 for performance (With goodyear eagle F1's) 18's for bling.
Now I'm not trying to lump 18" wheels together, but just a thought. If you expect to go some mad performance later down the road, trust me. Save your money now & skip the 18's. There's a big differance in accelleration & handling when you go from 50lbs wheel combo's to something that weighs 12-15lbs.

It's nothing to see all the 6 cylinder cars with the massive rims loose nearly a full second down the 1/4 mile, due to nothing more than the unsprung weight increase. Don't expect to gain tons from going lightweight VS stock wheels, but there is alittle gain & most importantly, you're picking up performance all around without any real sacrafice.

Last edited by Pheonix; 08-03-06 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-03-06, 11:59 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

well somehow, some way, im planning on being the first 94 es owner (with A/T) to break the 14 second mark !! i have goals, lol.
Old 08-03-06, 12:08 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

Not sure if you saw it, but Tony Leung's (Tony the Tiger) 94 v6 Camry is running about 550-650bhp right now lol. But hes a professional so.
Exhaust, some headwork, management, torque convertor & valve body upgrade, good set of tires, lighten the car for track days (You can drop over 100lbs quickly, just the spare & passanger's seat.). If you can drive a 14s car, you'd be close to breaking in.

If weasy ever stops getting screwed by making cams for people, you might can buy a set of good cams for around $800, maybe less. But don't count on that too hard. (Even tho there is one set made last I talked 2 him.)
Old 08-03-06, 12:14 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Pheonix
Not sure if you saw it, but Tony Leung's (Tony the Tiger) 94 v6 Camry is running about 550-650bhp right now lol. But hes a professional so.
Exhaust, some headwork, management, torque convertor & valve body upgrade, good set of tires, lighten the car for track days (You can drop over 100lbs quickly, just the spare & passanger's seat.). If you can drive a 14s car, you'd be close to breaking in.

If weasy ever stops getting screwed by making cams for people, you might can buy a set of good cams for around $800, maybe less. But don't count on that too hard. (Even tho there is one set made last I talked 2 him.)
omg how did he get 600 HP in that thing !! and no way im not stripping anything from my car, i still want it to look nice, i will find some way to get down to that time while still keeping my car looking nice, hopefully. hey pheonix i posted a question for you in my other thread, in the horsepower thread, if u can help me out with that id really appreciate it, thx.
Old 08-03-06, 12:21 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

It's easy, he's a professional car builder (with his brother) and he's put all up around 20 grand in custom work in it over the last several years.

You'll just have to trust me. Once you go drag racing one time... That passanger seat & the spare tire, and any subs you have get left their asses at home *real* quick every subsiquent time you go. Picking up track time for the cost of 20 min & 4x 14mm bolts is worth every second in spades!

The covers for my passanger seat 14mm bolts are in the trunk, and I don't even take mine to the track. I'm just hell bent on never loosing a race to any of my friends lol. Give me 10 min, I'll drop 200lbs from that car. All those tiny tenths & hundreds add together.
Old 08-03-06, 12:38 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

how difficult is it to remove the seat? and then put it bak in when u get bak?
Old 08-03-06, 12:49 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Once you get involved in drag racing, you´ll never go back. It is one of the best experiences you will ever have.
Old 08-03-06, 12:51 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

but still, about how long would it take? and how difficult is it?
Old 08-03-06, 12:54 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

but still, about how long would it take? and how difficult is it?
In my RX, about 30 minutes max, but not sure with your ES.
Old 08-03-06, 01:36 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

so im guessin it would be less wit my car then?

Quick Reply: The Best & Only Intake That Works. $25-40usd