ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-1st-to-4th-gen-1990-2006-179/)
-   -   ***MY AC FAN wont turn on HELP! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-1st-to-4th-gen-1990-2006/173426-my-ac-fan-wont-turn-on-help.html)

3rdelement 08-03-05 05:45 PM

***MY AC FAN wont turn on HELP!

Ok so last night was using my AC on the drive home with no problems and no indicators of problems. So this morning i get in to goto work and the controls and everything sound normal but no AIR and no Fan noise. Is there a fuse i can check? or any ideas? if its the fan being dead i can get that replaced but if its a stupid fuse ide wrather fix it myself.

PLEEEEASE help!

TheRupp 08-03-05 06:59 PM

Check the fuses, there should be ones marked "HVAC", "AC", "Vent", or something along those lines. Make sure it doesn't look burnt up inside (they're translucent). I don't know where your fuses are located on that model year though.. i'm pretty sure mine are under the hood.

sooparad 08-03-05 07:03 PM

if the fuses are ok, have your blower motor checked out. same thing happened to me about 3 months ago, i ended having to replace that part.

3rdelement 08-03-05 07:47 PM

the only thing that says AC under there is the relay.

and how much did your replacement cost?

sooparad 08-03-05 08:39 PM

i had my mechanic pick out a used one for $150. been working great since!

3rdelement 08-03-05 08:46 PM

yeah thats what i was finding online. Might as well have them unclogg that ac drain line. :)

see im a positive thinker......was just hoping this might be areally cheap and easy fix. :)

LexFather 08-03-05 09:11 PM

What if your car blows air but with no A/C coming out?

3rdelement 08-03-05 10:49 PM

then you are either really low on frion or your compressor has most likey gone out or the pully is shot.

~R

3rdelement 08-08-05 05:59 PM

ok. so i let my car bake out in the sun for the weekend. and sure enough monday morning the car's AC runs great. so my hypothesis was that it was a clogged AC drain line that was backing up into the fan area. Sunday i ran the ac and it sort of worked but you could hear what sounded like water splashing. So today i dropped my car off at the only mechanic i trust in town....they tested everthing and AC passed with flying colors. but the AC drain line was "severely clogged"

$20 and the problem was diagnosed and fixed.

While i was in there i had them change my plugs(since they were the stock ones) hehehe opps! :egads:

i knew i was forgetting something when i was getting the car serviced. Oh well. the car runs great now and the ac is awesome!

anyways just thought ide update ya!

Shortbus 08-11-05 08:27 AM

Very interesting... sounds like I may have the same exact problem. Only problem is, I don't know where the AC drain line is. Basically, I was down in West Palm Beach, FL for my cousin's wedding, but live in Greenville, SC. Saturday night, July 30th, everything worked great going back to the hotel for the reception. It was pouring down rain, but the AC worked fine. Wake up Sunday morning, just 8 hours later, and the blower doesn't work at all. With the AC on fresh air and the A/C button lit up, it seems to have the normal very small amount of air that comes through when you're actually driving down the road. If you're stopped, of course no air comes in. With the fan turned all the way up, there's no noise coming from the fan, or any attempt at a noise. I've checked all the fuses, and everything looks great. I even pulled the plug from the fan motor and there's almost no voltage. Could this still be an AC drain line problem (and how would that cut off voltage from reaching the blower motor?) or is there something else in the way of fuses/relays that might be causing this?

PS - it's a 95 SC300, not an ES, but figured a lot of the stuff should be pretty close to the same... ?!

3rdelement 08-11-05 10:15 AM

best part is. the AC went out yesterday again. but this morning its working great. Seriously annoying. wonder if its actually the fan......?

Shortbus 08-11-05 02:03 PM

Well, I checked everything again... all the fuses, etc. are all good. I ran a wire from positive on the battery to positive on the blower motor and it comes right on, so I know there's gotta be something somewhere causing the problem, that it can't be a bad blower motor. After doing some reading, I'm thinking maybe the connector on the back of the hvac controls or possibly just a bad connection on fuse # 10?

3rdelement 08-11-05 02:41 PM

good testing! let me know how that goes. I'll check my fuse # 10 and also the wires on the back on the hvac controls.

ModStock75 07-24-06 08:54 PM

Blower starts, then stops...won't run continuously!

Read with interest the previous posts along this thread, but there didn't seem to be a successful conclusion to the story. Our '97 blower motor will start, then stop on auto climate settings. Interestingly enough, the same symptom first showed up in the winter months when the blower would run then decide not to work when we really needed to defrost. The climate control module self-diagnostic shows no trouble codes. The solor sensor has been replaced just to try something. Please help if you can...

mwyller 09-12-06 08:18 AM

My AC hasnt worked since i had the car last winter, the auto temp is always blowing hot, no cold at all, even if hvac is off if its not on recirculation i get hot air comin threw when im driving, a little hot air if on the incoming air setting too. what does the solar sensor do? my HVAC codes i pulled up are 11,12,13,14,21,22,42, & 43. If anyone knows what those codes mean please reply n let me know!! also i put on a retrofit kit for r132a, what else do i need to do to get the ac to work???